The (Positive!) Feedback Thread!

Lizzy

Ok, last year there was a LOT to be fixed. Most to do with the change of hall (quickly rectified) and the new breed of fan for the Heroes guests. So post LFCC 07, there were a fair few moaning threads (not to have a go at anyone, I had my own critiques to add lol). This time, not so much.

So, in one tidy thread, what would you say your pros and cons of the show have been this weekend? And please keep it all positive comments/ criticism... it was a pretty amazing show so I doubt much negative can be said tbh!

Ok, for me...

Pros:

~ AMAZING, friendly guests

~ Fair number of stalls

~ Saw all my friends and made some new (yay ;))

~ Back to the old, superior hall :D

~ Lots of things to take piccies with to be humorous facebook photos (Hulk, tardis, delorean...)

~ The SFX photoshoot! Not the best pic of me and the bf cos of the low angle lol but its still amazing and unique and is getting a frame!

~ More Spaced out- last year was claustrophobic and I just couldn't breathe... it was nice this year, hardly anyone barged into me (Apart from the odd few who looked at my crutches like I was from Mars... and thats saying something considering the cosplayers lol! Glad the crutches are off next week)

~ Spike exclusive comic yay

...ok my mind is blank... put simply I had a great day!

Cons:

~ Possibly the photo selection... but I have to say that is my own personal niggle that I hate horizontal photos and I got 3 today!! But I also know the 3 I got them for are impossible to get photos for online apart from screenshots, so I'm just grateful I got pics of their characters!

~ Not being able to moan as much as I usually do and have a great day for once :P Honestly I had a great time!

~Having a broken foot... would love to blame SM for that but can't hehe... and that will be improved on by CM! (I flippin hope anyway :firedevil:)

~Alexander Siddig being ill... but I felt more upset for him than me cos Its horrible to be ill- and esp try to work through it! Get better soon Sid!!

Sooo, anything to add? xx

• Like 1

Having the Who exhibition just around the corner when you had a hour or so to kill between talks/shoots/whatever.

perhaps showmasters should try and do something to alleviate the boredom in those crucial moments...?

there's only so many times you can look round the dealers section.

My only gripe about LFCC is the old "no seating" problem. I had a few hours to kill and I'm sorry but I refuse to sit on a filthy concrete floor. There was certainly plenty of space for seating and at the first LFCC at Earls Court there was a seating area to one side. I understand it might cost money to hire in seating but surely if you had that it'd mean people might stick around longer rather than decide to go home because their feet are hurting or they're bored. And obviously if they stick around longer they're more likely to spend more at the event.

Edited by jael001

Hello there

I have been to Anime and ScFi cons in Japan, UK and the states. I have to say this is one of the best run events I have been to in the UK. The cosplay was done quite well even though it was quite small. It was well organized and good. The people in it had very good quality cosplays. The prizes were quite nice for the size of the event. I was the Optimus Prime cosplayer on the UNIT cosplayer on sunday.

I have staffed many Anime and SciFi conventions in the states. I honestly have to say this is one of better run events I have been to in the UK.

Pros

-Line Control was A+++++ AWESOME! Your competition could learn a thing or two from you guys.

-Plenty of Space in the hall and then some. Its nice having space to move when in a HUGE cosplay

-The staff was very friendly and helpful. I did not get the evil eye or yelled at by the staff which is always good.

-The lay out of the hall was good and the signage was good to get around the hall.

-The Event location is very good. Its in the center of London and has ample parking on site.

-SFX was quite nice to have there with the TARDIS

Cons

-Event talk area ie the stage area seemed small for an event of this size perhaps more space could of been used.

-Lack of water fountains in the event center

-A detailed list of prices for Autographs would be nice to be posted on the line signs.

-A dedicated info desk would help to answer basic questions. I found it hard to find a staffer to talk to at peak times since they were dealing with the lines.

-More entertainment would be nice whilst waiting between events. You can only walk around the dealers room so much.

-Need places to sit in the event center please my feet start to hurt after a while in cosplay.

Thanks so much

Edited by nadesico81

-A dedicated info desk would help to answer basic questions. I found it hard to find a staffer to talk to at peak times since they were dealing with the lines.

The organisers/information booth was right in front of the main entrance. There would always be crew there to help you out.

Thanks so much

The information desk is directly in front of the entrance, and comprised of eight tables ;) It's a shame you didn't realise that it was there, although I must admit that it puzzles me that people can miss it!

I almost didn't go this year after the horrendous goings on last year

but so glad I did as I had a fantastic time. Probably the best con I've been to

great guest line up and all friendly

funny and interesting talks

plenty of space in the hall

good and some new dealers

it would be churlish to gripe and honestly i can't think of any problems

Brilliant

Much better than last year space wise,

i think we spent last years getting pushed and shoved by rude ppl trying to get elsewhere.....so were we trying to get somewhere.

Easy to find guests, how can u miss them lol

Well organised at photo sessions as usual

Clean loos yay!!

The only con which is not Sm's fault was the price of the sandwiches, £4 for a panini, that wanst really that hot, £2.50 for a handful of warm potato wedges and ;) £1.80 for a bottle of water or fizzy :D

Did seriously cinsider taking sandwiches myself, i think i will next time lol

Thank u SM for another great day

And DAVID ANDERS wow, my pic was brill, he looked so pleased to be there

(get him for E2 please lol)

See u at C14

xxTaz

Cons

-Event talk area ie the stage area seemed small for an event of this size perhaps more space could of been used.

Considering the Patrick talk and possibly the heroes one pulled in a substantial number of people, id say the size was just right.

-Lack of water fountains in the event center

Not really SM's fault, that would be the centers.

-A detailed list of prices for Autographs would be nice to be posted on the line signs.

Each guest's price was posted on the line signs, unless you mean the whiteboards, which I thought they also had the prices on?

Organisers booth was just inside the main entrance..first thing you see pretty much.

-More entertainment would be nice whilst waiting between events. You can only walk around the dealers room so much.

There was kinda in the form of things going on such as talks, or stalls doing shows (like the armorour guy and the sfx lot).

Ooh, con - what the heck was up with the seating numbering for the talks?

That was for the Patrick talk as someone already mentioned, and the heroes talk on saturday.

As for mine..err..brains still fried but will try and think of something..

Two pro's that comes to mind though, the sound in the talks was much better this time and could hear the guests for once, and Georgia Moffet. She counts as a pro all on her own :D:wub:

A con: The pretty inept security during claudia blacks photo. A friend and I had been in full SG gear all day long walking around and getting autos and nothing was mentioned, at all, by anyone. We went to the claudia photo, and thought as we do with other photoshoots with stargate people it would look good to have our fake weapons on display, as we'd seen people go through with them before and had never encountered prolems in the past, and was quing for a good 20 mins id say (thats not my complaint). several staff saw us, and security, and even the photographer looked as us several times when we were around the corner in the inner part of the photo area. Still no problems. My friend then gets her turn, walks up to Claudia, and just as the pic is about to be taken, the photographer suddenly lunges for her (holstered on leg and disarmed) airsoft gun in some kind of panic attack and going on about who let us in with them and had anyone checked them etc, to which then the security guy asked us about them. Security guy also started to take my very expensive p90 off me to check before handing it back, but let go before I had proper hold of it and it dropped to the floor with a bang, thankfully it doesnt seem to be damaged.

Now we wernt trying to hide them or anything, they were openly displayed and were clearly seen, yet nothing was said before. Its not as if we'd actually be carrying real weapons with us, but even if we had any ulterior motives, we were there right next too the guest so was a bit late to start worrying then and causing a scene, we'd have already done anything by then!! If someone had said something before, fair enough, but it annoyed me that it was left until we were with Claudia herself, whichwas probably embarassing for her aswell as everyone else.

I also noticed later on they scrutinized a WOODEN STAFF WEAPON, which isnt even a 'weapon'! I suppose they were clamping down eh! Bet the stormtroopers didnt get the same treatment. That security guy from the photoshoot was also staring at me as if his eyes were about to pop out of his head for the rest of the weekend every time I went for an autograph, even after id packed the p90 away. Well, until I stared back at him and kept waiving.

Rant over.

pros

- nice spacious well lit hall [well ventilated too!]

- great selection of stalls

- really friendly guests

- free heroes magazine! great to pass the time when waiting for guests

- fast effective distribution of VT'S

- quickly given programme [que went fast]

- great props/relics

- mostly nice staff [bar one stupid person who was rude when i was very polite ]

cons

- could barely hear the actors in guest talks

- no where to sit except floor :wub:

- maybe somewhere where we could get water

- nothing really to do except walk round the dealers stall so i was bored quite alot waiting for things

theres only so many talks or watching of the dvd trailer and browsing of items you cant afford you can do in the day haha

- queing [to enter] they were only signposted at the front, so i joined the shorter que thinking it was pre paid [oh yes silly me haha] when really it was pay on the door

- i know sm cant help it but there should be a number of autos for massive guests like CL so its fair for everyone! if they want more than 3 then they should need to re-join the que

great event with some really good guests.

all pros, crew were great, stalls were good, lots of room to move around :wub:

with the exception of one con - what was the deal with pre-pay early bird tickets? We bought early bird so we could get in early, but we were let in at 10:00 with the pay on the day people, which was a much shorter queue, and the standard entry people. It's only a little con because we still got good VT numbers, but what's the point of early bird tickets if you don't get in early?

with the exception of one con - what was the deal with pre-pay early bird tickets? We bought early bird so we could get in early, but we were let in at 10:00 with the pay on the day people, which was a much shorter queue, and the standard entry people. It's only a little con because we still got good VT numbers, but what's the point of early bird tickets if you don't get in early?

Standard entry wouldn't have gone into until 11am, but you can buy early bird tickets on the door.

Ooh, con - what the heck was up with the seating numbering for the talks?

That was for the Patrick talk as someone already mentioned, and the heroes talk on saturday.

I only did the Stewart and Goodies talks, and they were on there both times seemingly totally random...

Edited by Kinggodzillak

LOL. Can't believe you guys will happily pay £10-25 for an autograph but won't shell out a £1.50 for a bottle of water :-s

Always take a drink and a couple of snacks with you. ;p Much better imo, and once you've eaten them you've got space in your bag for other things. All good.

great event with some really good guests.

all pros, crew were great, stalls were good, lots of room to move around :YAHOO:

Why do we get this every year :YAHOO: Both queues before 10 (or 9 on Saturday) are early-bird and pay the same £10 (the additional cost for pre-paying for your ticket is postage). They both get let in at the same time because they are the same

I agree that the numbered seating in the talks was confusing. If it was there just for the paid talks, I think this could have been made clear. In the three talks I attended, most people seemed to be wandering around looking for a seat with the number matching their ticket. And, even then, it wasn't clear whether the number on the back of a seat corresponded to the seat it was attached to or the seat behind, facing the number.

Re: the 'info desk' idea - I might be wrong, but I think that the person who mentioned it was suggesting a dedicated information desk, separate from the organisers' booth, which was busy at peak times dealing with photo tickets and pass handouts.

A big positive for me at this event was its spacious nature, which many people have mentioned. Having the room to walk about without having to squeeze past people all the time kept it stress-free. My legs became tired, but my nerves were intact. Consequently, I stayed longer than I otherwise would have.

My only gripe about LFCC is the old "no seating" problem. I had a few hours to kill and I'm sorry but I refuse to sit on a filthy concrete floor. There was certainly plenty of space for seating and at the first LFCC at Earls Court there was a seating area to one side. I understand it might cost money to hire in seating but surely if you had that it'd mean people might stick around longer rather than decide to go home because their feet are hurting or they're bored. And obviously if they stick around longer they're more likely to spend more at the event.

That's my only gripe as well. I was there early to see Claudia Black so was effectively done with autos by 9.45, but as I had a photo with her had to wait around til 1.50. Not SM's fault but I don't really care for the stands so it is a hell of a long time to wait. I'd bought a book so was ok but sitting on the floor for 3ish hours was not fun. There was a lot of space ofer by the photoshoot area wher seating could have been set up.

My only real gripes were that Graeme Garden's non-appearance wasn't sign-posted outside the venue (this may have been because SM didn't know early enough) this meant I bought a Goodies photoshoot before realising I was only getting a 2/3 of the Goodies shoot and the organisation of Christopher Lloyd's queue on Sunday. I came out of Mewes's talk and was pleased to see my number was up but the queue was stretched back into the dealer area. Either there were people in the queue who had tickets higher than had been called or the numbers had been moved too high. Either way there should have been a crew member at the end of the queue checking the people joining it had the right tickets. After waiting about 10 minutes and barely moving (all the while seeing the queue get ever longer behind me) I gave up and went home (as I'd got everybody else I wanted).

Edited by mpharris