Organisation of LFCC

Hello all,

LFCCW in October, will be my first LFCC. I'm really looking forward to it.

However, I'm hearing some horror stories about the most recent event, about the organisation. I've heard it was pretty poor, and VERY overcrowded.

I guess I just want some information/assurances that things will run smoother this time around?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

The Winter show has always been less crowded. Plus no Stan Lee this time.

So yes, things will go a lot smoother. The issues coming up have already been addressed for the next summer show. If the need should arise (and right now it doesn't look this way) they'll be in place in October as well.

The Winter show has always been less crowded. Plus no Stan Lee this time.

So yes, things will go a lot smoother. The issues coming up have already been addressed for the next summer show. If the need should arise (and right now it doesn't look this way) they'll be in place in October as well.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated :)

In all honesty, I did not have one single problem over the weekend at LFCC. I know that some people had issues, particularly when it came to meeting Stan Lee, but I think out of the thousands that went a hell of a lot of people were perfectly happy. Yes it was extremely crowded but as Queen_Sindel mentioned LFCCW will not be as busy, in fact it was rather calm last year actually.

I wouldn't be put off by anything that you may have read, you'll have an awesome time.

• Like 4

Hey all,

As I've said before, LFCC in the summer was my 1st one and my brother and I had no problems. Yes it was busy, but we managed to get every autograph and photo op we wanted except for 1 but that was our fault for having to leave early.

Don't let it put you off, it's an amazing experience and we are coming back for the WLFCC.

Take care,

Matty-lad

• Like 2

Hello all,

However, I'm hearing some horror stories about the most recent event, about the organisation. I've heard it was pretty poor, and VERY overcrowded.

I guess I just want some information/assurances that things will run smoother this time around?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

The horror stories have been from a vocal minority. It was a great event that was very busy. Some communication misques, but you willbe fine. You often find the most vocal are the ones who missed out on an autograph, turned up late or simply couldn't cope with the people there.

• Like 2

Completely agree with all of the above, I went to LFCC on the Sunday this year and after reading about what happened on the Saturday I was dreading it. I got very upset and nervous, but the event was great! Busy but I had no problems and neither did any of the people I spoke to on the day. As Cesar and the others have said,only the minority were vocaly upset and angry. There's nothing to worry about :D one thing my mother all ways told me, "expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised,expect everything and prepare to be disappointed" which is a piece of advise I'd pass onto anyone in the same situation as yourself. All will be fine and the event will be great fun :)

Please don't belittle the experience, I found it very stressful inside the hall and I am an experienced conventioner. Most of the problems were due to unrealistic expectations from a lot of new people who queued up and didn't have tickets beforehand and they were quite vocal. I had problems and I prepared by bringing bottles of water that had been frozen overnight, kept my expectations to a minimum and only planned a couple of signings and a talk. As I say, I am experienced so it was harder for newbies to cope.

• Like 3

Hello all,

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

The horror stories have been from a vocal minority. It was a great event that was very busy. Some communication misques, but you willbe fine. You often find the most vocal are the ones who missed out on an autograph, turned up late or simply couldn't cope with the people there.

Well, not to dredge up old stuff but no, it wasn't a 'vocal minority' who couldn't cope. Thousands couldn't get in including me, and yes I've been going to events for years so am very aware of how it all works.

• Like 2

This isn't related to a SM event - but an event in Nottingham March 2014 did suffer from casual attenders. I think most people must have seen a line & joined it not knowing what its for. This slightly bugging people who where waiting to get in the event. But if signs are up stating what the event is & how much it is to get in then that should give people who like to join ques an idea & they might go for a walk somewhere else. But it's good when we get new people coming to these events but a long que can put them off.

Didn't go in the summer, but have been to loads of Showmasters events in the past - always found them to be well organised to be honest. Queues can be a bit of a pain, but let's face it they are part of life.......

Employ a bit of common sense and just enjoy the day.

• Like 1

If you need any help when you arrive at the event then ask a member of crew who you will be able to see as they will be wearing a bright blue shirt that says Crew on the back. There is also Pit-Bosses running around sorting thing out during the event. So if there is something that a member of crew can't help with then they will refer you up the chain to a Pit-Boss.

As a member of crew I try my hardest to help every inquiry to the best of my ability. I will also not leave you alone to find out yourself. If I don't know the answer I will either find out the answer or take you to a pit-boss or refer you to the Organisers booth.

Thanks

Robert

Showmasters General Crew.

It was my first LFCC in July and only my second Comic Con event. The entire reason I attended was Stan Lee and I had absolutely no trouble throughout the day. Sure queues were long, it was quite hot and I was waiting around for a few hours. Queues are natural, nothing could be done about it. There were loads of people. That's less likely to happen this time. The heat is also to be expected. Lots of people in the middle of summer. If you weren't prepared with drinks etc then that's really your own fault. It would be fair to assume that there would be more people and as such it would be busy inside, making the few food venues crowded. The waiting around is nobodies fault. I happened to have a late ticket and we'd finished before it was time. So realistically all the problems we had were in no way the fault of SM and could be alleviated by either common sense (it's busy, that means queues, it's summer, that means take water) or just plain making the most of the day (not much you can do if you run out of things to do).

When we did have questions on the day the staff were all very helpful.