New Event Announcement - Who Wars

showmasters

Event in Newcastle . . . I'm from the area and believe me, the North East is so out of touch with this type of thing . . . The event should be at a place with a high passers rate . . .

. . . I've spoken to dealers who have been to events held up here and it's not all good, I can tell ya!

Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing for the area, but if you're going to do an event in Newcastle it needs to be somewhere different, somewhere more accessible . . .

A hint to SM . . . Why not talk to the MetroCentre in Gateshead!? . . . Get a similar thing going to what you had in Milton Keynes . . . And guess what - it's all FREE parking!!!! . . . PLUS It's getting a brand new cinema built! . . . And also, it is the largest shopping complex in Europe . . . Hint Hint Hint . . .

Ad

there isnt anywhere as of yet that could hold this time of event in the metrocenter, trust me i work in the place every day used to work in security there have owned my own buisnes in ther extra... there is not a single place that would be sutiable health and safty wise that could house it, when the ice rink is built there would be a safe place to hold the event.

ive already been talking to center managment about another craft event that i help run and the place will be available to hire out for the kind of event showmasters run when the place is open, but at the moment places like the malls outside of house of fraser and what was wollworths are not capable of having this kind of event in them. thats why the bbc dont do children in need ect in the metro anymore.

where the venue is for this one is a lot more acssesable than the events at the airport and i live litraly across a field from that one and this one is still easyer to get to than that lol

• Showmasters Admin

That's interesting Pez . . .

. . . Gonna send you an email . . .

Ad

Well Pez,

I guess I won't email you . . . AS IT IS NOT ALLOWING ME TO DO SO!!! . . .

. . . Ad

That's because both PM and e-mail are turned off on this forum.

Never met any cast from Star Wars so I think this event could be a real possibility for me.

Not really into Dr Who, hate the old stuff, but if it is guests from the newer series there may be a few guests I wouldn't mind meeting.

Seriously going to have to look into getting time off work once more guests are announced.

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic. Nice & local for me. My orders in Processing.

I'm even trying to get one or two from my forum (namely Toon-Vader & Deffy) who are big Star Wars fans to come along.

• 2 months later...

I used to attend the Neutral Zone Conventions held in the same hotel from 1995 to 2000 so it is nice to see an event here again.

I am having difficulty seeing how it is not accessible as it is a 5 min walk from the Metro station and there is a car park on site although I have to agree it is not very large.

I am hoping to see some more guests announced as I have met the current guest line up at least once at previous events

i was thinking about going to this but then I saw the train fair from london being between 100 and 200 quid which is outrageous. cant afford that :-(

Now you know how we feel mate. :WAVE:

i was thinking about going to this but then I saw the train fair from london being between 100 and 200 quid which is outrageous. cant afford that :-(

Now you know how we feel mate. :P

god its the first one i have attended i havent had to travel for hours to :P

Hi Guys

Being well over 21 I remember when the Premiere was called The Crest hotel and it was a great con venue for Star Trek and B7, it's so nice to see a venue back in Newcastle.

Being disabled it's gonna be so easy to get there who knows maybe we can work our way up to the new Hilton hotel across the river, looks nice : )

Also looking forward to Dimensions, again , nice and local.

Oh, by the way if you book train tickets 3 months in advance you get really cheap fares.

• 3 weeks later...