Posing with Guests

Tom Shearsmith

I was wondering, out of curiosity, amusement and just as a general education - what poses do you like to ask for guests to do in photoshoots with them? Hugs? Pointing?

I usually adopt the generic arm around and smile at the camera, but I'm sure there's more amusing ways to do photoshoots. Do tell! :coolthumb:

I mostly go for the standard pose, but if I know guest is more laid back then I will probably ask for a hug.

But there is also the time this happened:

1173633_10201367492484172_748575343_n.jpg

Yes he is wearing my hat. But what can I say he was totally asking for it, teasing me :poki:

• Like 1

Mostly the standard arm and smile :)

Though occasionally something like this: https://twitter.com/...0043905/photo/1

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.......

He wanted to do it, not me.

He's just got the guts to ask David - We all want to do it....

Only been to 3 events and friends have commented that I look the same in all the photos... I just turn to jelly when I meet celebs. Hopefully one day I'll be up for it. Either that or John Rhys Davies tickling me if/when we meet :lol:

We took some Hulk Hands in for my son when he had the photoshoot with Lou Ferrigno and a cosplayer kindly lent us a Darth Maul lightsaber for his photo with Ray Park. Avery Brooks also gave my son a massive bear hug !

Otherwise it the standard arm around the shoulder, thumbs up type of thing. I do have a great photo with Jason Bradbury from the gadget show though where we have both jumped back on to a giant bean bag !

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done many photoshoots but I had a cool 'dual Freddy Claw' pose with Robert Englund. I got the impression he's done a lot of various poses because he knew exactly what I wanted :P

Otherwise the others (Clive Barker, Elvira, Melinda Clarke, Robert Davi etc) have all been arm round and smile...

I'm so asking for a hug from Linda Hamilton when she is rescheduled :D

I made the same request of Gillian Anderson but she slapped my face :-D

The funny thing to this is BEFORE I bought the photoshoot with Zach I tweeted him asking:

"During a paid photoshoot would you be ok to hold my Gizmo?" his response was legendary "As long as you're talking about a doll I'll be fine." (or words to that effect) :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd put this in here as it'd quiet brilliant but my friend got a photo with Mark Addy, and she jokingly said, 'I want Hercules to sweep me off my feet' And he actually picked her up bridle style for the photo!

I normally go for the hug if possible as I do tend to get a bit tongue tied around the pretty men guests ha ha ha well that and I can never think of anything clever or quirky enough although not really a pose this is one of my fave photos ever :blush:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152200731288172&set=a.428186218171.224040.776763171&type=3&theater

• 4 weeks later...

Most of my photoshoots have been the standard arm around each other or handshake pose but I've been able to get something out of the norm now and again, My favourites:

Mike Tyson - Happy to do the Degeneration X pose from his time with the WWF(E)

297854_2080347537149_413250149_n_zpsfc27

Bernard Cribbins - Happy to do a wacky pose straight out of Dr. Who

942257_4661937955296_92421512_n_zps0a0f2

Diamond Dallas Page (DDP) - He was doing a standard pose with the WCW belt. I wanted him to put me in the Diamond Cutter. He was happy to oblige!

971560_10200744293958572_393170716_n_zps

Saul Rubinek - This was an odd one. I was at another show and he was trying to position me and I was trying to do the same with him. We settled for this ridiculous pose!

1384047_10200537383985952_1887918948_n_z

Robert England - I think everyone has had something along these lines. It's more uncommon for him NOT to do something out of the ordinary! The first pic Robert took the initiative. In the second pic I requested this "begging" pose!

299770_2080342697028_496913650_n_zpse617

1391884_10200667077028197_1795797857_n_z

Edited by LSM

if someone is massively taller than me i ask for a piggy back. it's only ever worked once though. :P
i've done charlie's angels at an op with two of the guys from supernatural (i was sort of half cosplaying as charlie, so i thought it would be funny).

otherwise, depending on who it is either hug or arm around.
i always intend to think of good poses but then end up thinking 'but i'd kinda like a normal one too...' haha.

• Like 1

I've been dared to do something with Natalie Dormer (shame on you and your gutter mind...) Hopefully she'll find it funny and play along. It's nothing sinister or innappropriate... It'll be the first time I'll be asking a guest to do something out of the ordinary though - not sure how to broach it...

How do you start off the request?

I've only had 3 photos.

With Peter Dinklage literally ran to the booth from just entering the venue to only just being allowed in before they called time. He looked annoyed, I looked flustered and it was the most awkward thing ever.

I did the standard arm thang with Norman but at the last minute decided to flip the bird... he saw and copied - that turned out amazing.

Jon Bernthal just looked badass and I gave a dorky thumbs up. lol.

This year so far I think I'll go for standard with Stan Lee and try and get a funny one with Pedro Pascal - not sure what though

Edited by AxelV