GUEST DAYS AND PRICES Updated 05/07/2013

There's something that makes me curious about the paying photoshoots. Sorry if the question sounds stupid but i'm not that used to them. Pictures where the guest put their arm around the person's shoulder (or vice-versa) looks much more appealing than the ones where you just stand aside to him. Do you have to ask the guest to do it (like, can you put your arm on my shoulder, please ?) or would that be inappropriate ? I booked 5 shoots for the next edition so i'd love to know :P

Edited by Vonsid

• Showmasters Admin

It's fine to ask but just be aware that some guests prefer not to, so be gracious if they refuse.

You - "Would you mind putting your arm around my shoulders?"

Guest - "I'd rather not."

You - *smile* "That's cool, I understand."

A good idea can be to talk to the crew in the photo shoot, they will usually have an idea of what the guest is and isn't allowing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was at a con last month and a particular female Greyjoy *cough* gemma whelan *cough* grabbed me when i walked into the photo studio and said " come on lets snuggle up" It's all down to the person, most are friendly and wont mind, You'll have a great time!

David Garfield was announced last month but hasn't appeared on the prices yet. Anyone know how much he would be, and if he's still coming please?

If it helps he is listed as Saturday only and £10 on the LFCC website.
  • Like 1

I can't wait to meet Sarah but i hope there will be a few more bigger guests, the line up this year is not as good as it was last year

I agree meeting Sarah is going to be fantastic I am still hoping for a few big names as my list this year for both MK and LFACC isn't that big compared to last years shows I am not saying the show is a bad line up I think you have some quality guests this year it could do with one or two big names in the mix

Edited by Starbug
  • Like 1

Can Answer me A question .. it doesn't bother me but Someone i know is moaning that Dan Starkey's P/S was £10 at MK but now he's doing LFACC it £15 .. if they Have a P/S Ticket For MK do they Have To Pay a Extra £5 ?

• Showmasters Admin

Can Answer me A question .. it doesn't bother me but Someone i know is moaning that Dan Starkey's P/S was £10 at MK but now he's doing LFACC it £15 .. if they Have a P/S Ticket For MK do they Have To Pay a Extra £5 ?

Nope.

It's fine to ask but just be aware that some guests prefer not to, so be gracious if they refuse.

You - "Would you mind putting your arm around my shoulders?"

Guest - "I'd rather not."

You - *smile* "That's cool, I understand."

A good idea can be to talk to the crew in the photo shoot, they will usually have an idea of what the guest is and isn't allowing.

Also seeing what the people in front do. My first few cons, I didn't like to ask for a hug (arm round waist, or full on hug), but saw more experienced people ahead of me (or more gutsy!) ask and get hugs. Now I look at the people ahead and if in doubt, smile as I walk up and shyly ask if they mind a hug. Most I've met have said of course, and they've been wonderful to meet. Anthony Stewart Head is awesome for hugs, bless him :king: .

But even if they say no and we'd be disappointed, I can't blame them at all - in their shoes, I might well baulk at hugging total strangers! How can I expect them to do something I wouldn't like to do either?

Nope.

Oh, that answers my question about how much Dan's photo is... :) The MK shop is shut, and Dan doesn't show for me in the LFCC shop. He's also not listed on this thread's pricelist.

I'm sure he'll be added soon, but I'm just planning how much money I'll have to set aside, so was wondering purely what the cost was.

Is there any reason the Lanisters (Peter and Lena) cost more together than seperatley? Not sure if this is a misprint?

It's not a misprint as far as I am aware as it is the same price in this thread, the online shop, and the LFACC website.

Also seeing what the people in front do. My first few cons, I didn't like to ask for a hug (arm round waist, or full on hug), but saw more experienced people ahead of me (or more gutsy!) ask and get hugs. Now I look at the people ahead and if in doubt, smile as I walk up and shyly ask if they mind a hug. Most I've met have said of course, and they've been wonderful to meet. Anthony Stewart Head is awesome for hugs, bless him :king: .

But even if they say no and we'd be disappointed, I can't blame them at all - in their shoes, I might well baulk at hugging total strangers! How can I expect them to do something I wouldn't like to do either?

I might be wrong but it feels like it's more natural for a lady to ask a hug from the guest. For a man, it's maybe more difficult. I mean i don't think i could ask a hug from Lena Headey, Sarah Wayne Callies or Amanda Tapping. Even if it's probably the only one time i'm going to meet them in my life, i don't want them to think i'm a perv or something :P I'm not talking about a full hug of course, just the hand on the shoulder. I guess i'm gonna check how people before me are behaving and act consequently.

The only one i'm for sure asking a hug is Jason Momoa. He's about my age, he's a man (as a nerd like me it's easier to ask hugs from men :P) and he's known to be nice with fans :)

I might be wrong but it feels like it's more natural for a lady to ask a hug from the guest. For a man, it's maybe more difficult. I mean i don't think i could ask a hug from Lena Headey, Sarah Wayne Callies or Amanda Tapping.

I generally agree with you but I plucked up the courage to ask Amanda Tapping for a hug at Chevron last year and she was so lovely about it, no problem. She's got to be one of the nicest people you're ever likely to meet. Only time I've ever done it, or wanted to to be honest, but I do think it's easier for women to ask for such things.

Even if it's probably the only one time i'm going to meet them in my life, i don't want them to think i'm a perv or something :P I'm not talking about a full hug of course, just the hand on the shoulder. I guess i'm gonna check how people before me are behaving and act consequently.

That's the best thing to do. Just see what people in front are doing. Generally there's no problem putting your arm around the guest at least. If there's any restrictions about touching them you'll be told in the queue before you get to the guest. Some don't like it and I have no issue with that at all, fully respect anything we're told as there has been some inappropriate behaviour in the past which caused problems but most of the time it's fine.

If you're really lucky you'll find yourself stood with your arm around someone like Gillian Anderson and the photographer will need to change the card or something. Happened to me last year. She turned and said "you're lucky, getting a bit of extra time." I could only say "yes" with a big smile.

• Like 1

Haha, awesome anecdote :) But i think i'm only going to ask them to touch me, like putting their hand on my shoulder. I will never dare touch them i think, not even ask ;)

Most will just naturally do that anyway. Just see what the people in front of you are doing and you'll be fine. Don't be afraid or worry about it. Just enjoy the experience. It is very quick but I like it. Though it is quite surreal having that kind of interaction with people you've admired on film or TV.