Autographs or Photoshoots?

Ricksta

Autographs, specifically autographs on multi-signed posters and DVDs (I never get guests to sign 10x8s).

I used to get a lot more photographs but now I rarely do. I didn't get any at LFCC last year. It's just a personal preference. Photos are nice to have, but as a student, paying for a gold pass and all of the autographs is a lot as it is, so it's hard to justify the cost for photos that take 5 seconds and are then just kept in a folder on top of that. Autographs on the other hand do hold some value. I did consider getting photos with Jack and Elden at LFCC last year but I didn't order any and ended up getting table photos with them both anyway :smile:

I may make a photo exception if it's one of my most wanted guests (Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner, Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan etc) :whistling:

Autographs, specifically autographs on multi-signed posters and DVDs (I never get guests to sign 10x8s).

I used to get a lot more photographs but now I rarely do. I didn't get any at LFCC last year. It's just a personal preference. Photos are nice to have, but as a student, paying for a gold pass and all of the autographs is a lot as it is, so it's hard to justify the cost for photos that take 5 seconds and are then just kept in a folder on top of that. Autographs on the other hand do hold some value. I did consider getting photos with Jack and Elden at LFCC last year but I didn't order any and ended up getting table photos with them both anyway :smile:

I may make a photo exception if it's one of my most wanted guests (Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner, Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan etc) :whistling:

I'm not bothered about if autos hold value. I only get ones that I really want, for myself, and if they're worthless (value) to others I've not lost anything.

I like both. I like to get my photo's autographed for special guests.

I like to do that too :thumbup:

Your new avatar is far too happy nate, I miss frowny blue care bear.

Yours is very happy too. Don't you just love to smile? :lol::D:WAVE:

Your new pills seem to be kicking in.

I like both, to be honest. I like photoshoots because, well, I just like them professionally done. But I like autographs because, at the table, then you get to have a conversation with them. I had a cool conversation with Zach Galligan. But I had never met someone famous before, so I was a bit shy. So, either way, both are great, in my opinion! :smile:

• Like 1

For me last year was about autographs getting bits and pieces signed that i wanted but this year im all about the photos. Im redecorating so going to create a feature wall with lots of photos. I might also try and get a few autos this year as lots of guests i want to meet for more than 5 seconds.

I like both, to be honest. I like photoshoots because, well, I just like them professionally done. But I like autographs because, at the table, then you get to have a conversation with them. I had a cool conversation with Zach Galligan. But I had never met someone famous before, so I was a bit shy. So, either way, both are great, in my opinion! :smile:

I'm the same, to be honest. (Thank God I'm not alone! :P) They're each a memento of your time there, and some of the photoshoots are fun! (Like Michelle Gomez's, see profile pic for this. lol)

• Like 1

Signatures are worthless in monetary terms I mean for anyone but ourselves ;-) I see people selling autographs all the time, not a shred of proof of who signed them. So worthless in my eyes. I buy memories, not other peoples.

But to me it brings back memories of the day. Much like a photo with someone does, if not more. Its an experience.

• Like 2

Signatures are worthless in monetary terms I mean for anyone but ourselves ;-) I see people selling autographs all the time, not a shred of proof of who signed them. So worthless in my eyes. I buy memories, not other peoples.

But to me it brings back memories of the day. Much like a photo with someone does, if not more. Its an experience.

People wouldn't be selling if nobody was buying. Plus just look on ebay...

Last year i even saw someone selling Clint Eastwood's signature for over £200 :o

However, i agree its an experience. I don't think of selling. I met the guests and they signed things FOR ME... Feels kinda lame to flog them on ebay.

Anyway... What things do you take to get signed? Do you pick photos they have on the table, or you bring your own?

I'm the same, to be honest. (Thank God I'm not alone! :P) They're each a memento of your time there, and some of the photoshoots are fun! (Like Michelle Gomez's, see profile pic for this. lol)

You're certainly not alone. I'm sure there are quite a few people who like both. :smile:

Never used to do photos, only autos. But now it's usually one of each per guest. I do make exceptions, some I just get a photo and some I just get an auto. I have a couple of autograph projects that I've been lucky to (mostly) complete, just missing a few here and there.

For me it's photoshoots, there are so many guests whose autograph queue have been enormous beyond possibility of getting a VQ ticket so I decided to give up with autographs for the most part. Additionally, I have autographs of a couple of my favourites that are signed to me, but I didn't get them myself, so with a photo-shoot there is the thing of being there yourself next to the guest and Imy photo memories are far more precious to me than autographs.

I compile them all in a photo album of the year and look back on everything I've done, where I've been, who I've met.etc Plus there are some guests who I will now never have the chance to get an autograph from but from whom I did have a photo-shoot such as Bill Paxton for example. I don't regret those chances though, but if I didn't have the photo-shoot I would definitely regret them. So unless it's an exceptional one, it's photos all the way for me. :smile:

Spot on!

Signatures hold zero value.

You try proving they are real.

We have no certificate or evidence, so in my eyes utterly worthless in monetary terms.

Even with a certificate it still doesn't prove anything, the only person who truly knows if they're real are the sellers. You can write a certificate for anything and it doesn't mean a thing, it's just a bit of paper.

What photo paper is best for autos, gloss or matt?

Personally I would say matt photos are better and also in that they don't fingermark as easily. Glossy photos get marked so easily, I usually get my own 8x10s printed professionally on matte paper and I've never had any problems with them. :smile:

Signatures hold zero value.

You try proving they are real.

We have no certificate or evidence, so in my eyes utterly worthless in monetary terms.

Even with a certificate it still doesn't prove anything, the only person who truly knows if they're real are the sellers. You can write a certificate for anything and it doesn't mean a thing, it's just a bit of paper.

Yes, I would agree that a "Certificate of Authenticity" is not a guarantee that an autograph is authentic, but to make a sweeping statement that autos are worthless is a bit silly.

Edited by Bumper8

I dont think my statement is silly :-) With all the crap I see go on - even fooling experts, never mind public or even us.

I guess I am just extremely distrustful haha

But in my eyes I really do feel all my autograph are utterly worthless to anyone but me.

I saw them sign them items, I chatted, I interacted. They are my memories. Why anyone would want to buy them from me is odd, esspecially as they could all be fakes :-D again trust is hard to come by I find.

Not being argumentative by the way :-) we believe what we believe.

I have a friend who thinks she has Elvis's signature. She can think it is with its certificate and history, but 100 quid off ebay makes is dodgy for me haha

Edited by RomeroSavini