27th July Meet Up?

W Forbidden Planet which for me was a waste of time and money

*chokes* wha? HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! Forbidden Planet is the Hall Of Mightyness!

Going there at lunch time today. :angel:

lol well it was a waste of time on that day. I mean i love FP so yeah but before the con while you are trying to save the money it was totally not good.

• Like 1

W Forbidden Planet which for me was a waste of time and money

*chokes* wha? HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! Forbidden Planet is the Hall Of Mightyness!

Going there at lunch time today. :angel:

lol well it was a waste of time on that day. I mean i love FP so yeah but before the con while you are trying to save the money it was totally not good.

Well maybe with this advanced warning people can save extra money for FP? :P

Well maybe. But i will pass on that anyway. I can do pub and stuff but no trips.

Plus i said i am going to save up and one month later i saved nothing lol

Bonus of living in NI: Any English notes I get in change, etc, it's being kept for next time I'm over (i.e. next year, most likely! lol), which is saying something for me, I'm terrible at saving up for trips! lol I've heard it's not as bad with NI/Scottish notes these days, but still, it's a lot easier for me, saves me panicking! lol

• Like 2

Well maybe. But i will pass on that anyway. I can do pub and stuff but no trips.

Plus i said i am going to save up and one month later i saved nothing lol

Bonus of living in NI: Any English notes I get in change, etc, it's being kept for next time I'm over (i.e. next year, most likely! lol), which is saying something for me, I'm terrible at saving up for trips! lol I've heard it's not as bad with NI/Scottish notes these days, but still, it's a lot easier for me, saves me panicking! lol

I still make the point of visiting the bank to get English notes before travelling down to London. I would panic too much that they would be rejected...

Don't think SM would have too much of a problem with them but could you imagine standing in line, about to meet the guest of your dreams *cough* Gary Oldman *cough* with a hand full of Scottish notes and just as you're about to pay for the autograph they turn around and say no! The stuff of nightmares!! :eek:

The reason we went to Forbidden Planet this year was a lot of people wanted to opportunity to buy comic books to get them signed by specific guests over the weekend which was fair enough.

That being said I didn't really fancy going to Forbidden Planet either :P but we live in a democracy and had a fancy Facebook poll vote and everything! however I did enjoy our little venture on the Thursday with our own special Landaaaan guide who then left us alone on the tube with 300 children piling into our carriage... (looking at you PenthePirate) ;) and how we kept loosing people, hitting out with phrases like, "We have lost the Spanish..and Carl." and who can forget the beautiful sight of the shop-lifter being tackled and arrested? It was just like being home :')

• Like 4

Hey, you didn't lose us, not exactly. Pen the Pirate told us that you all wanted to get going to get your Gold and Diamond passes - since we didn't need those, and we hadn't finished our shopping, we agreed to stay behind and join the group later in the pub. But it's nice to know you remembered us. :)

But we missed the shoplifter thing! Boo! That sounds like fun.

In seriousness. I was one of those who insisted in going to FP. I did buy what I needed, but I could probably done that without all the group. Maybe it was because I had just met all of you, but I expected it to be more fun because we would comment on each other's purchases and all, and there wasn't really any of that. I guess we can keep it out of the plans for next year.

I'm meant to be saving money for when I visit my dad next week and failed spectacularly. This'll be an interesting year.

are you and your dad doing anything nice next week? :)

Not that we planned, but I haven't been down to stay with him since March (though he came to this year's LFCC so I saw him then) and it'll be my first full week off work in months, so I'm just looking forward to the breather!

• Like 1

I'm meant to be saving money for when I visit my dad next week and failed spectacularly. This'll be an interesting year.

are you and your dad doing anything nice next week? :)

Not that we planned, but I haven't been down to stay with him since March (though he came to this year's LFCC so I saw him then) and it'll be my first full week off work in months, so I'm just looking forward to the breather!

What did your Dad think of it?

He loved it! He'd never been to a SM event before and has been listening to me ramble about them for ages now so he was quite interested to see what all the fuss was about. He genuinely had no clue what to expect in terms of cosplayers, which guests were attending, how meeting them worked, how photoshoots worked, etc. Complete convention newbie, but he left with a handful of autographs (Star Wars guests, I believe), an Iron Throne photo, and a much lighter wallet. As per any good con goer!
I'm just glad he came this year and not last year. I'd have hated for him to have experienced last year's layout and overcrowding problem and taken that as an example of what conventions are like.

• Like 1

He loved it! He'd never been to a SM event before and has been listening to me ramble about them for ages now so he was quite interested to see what all the fuss was about. He genuinely had no clue what to expect in terms of cosplayers, which guests were attending, how meeting them worked, how photoshoots worked, etc. Complete convention newbie, but he left with a handful of autographs (Star Wars guests, I believe), an Iron Throne photo, and a much lighter wallet. As per any good con goer!

I'm just glad he came this year and not last year. I'd have hated for him to have experienced last year's layout and overcrowding problem and taken that as an example of what conventions are like.

I can share your feelings there :) my sister travelled up on the friday for a day, her first time attending a con too :) definitely glad it was this year rather than either of the last two years lfcc

Guys.... like the grinch i've had a terribly brilliant idea.

*clears throat*

The Forumship proudly presents...

The Great Con Crawl 2k17

PUB!!

As a tee-totaller, I'd end up being the designated walker...

Get a load of those baby reins you attach around the wrist and you can hook everyone up to each other and not have to worry about loosing anyone! Might be a problem crossing roads though.