Updates for those not on social media

Raylenth

Mark Gattis is only able to attend Sunday now - all photo shoots have been transferred to Sunday, contact the shop if you need a refund.

Redbeard is attending Saturday for limited photo's under very controlled conditions. £5 each.

David Arnold and Michael Price will be attending.

I've just treated myself and my friend to Redbeard photo shoot tickets. I don't actually have my entry ticket yet I'm just waiting for more guests so I can better choose my group number, I won't leave it too long though. Am pretty sure I'll be ok for now and that they won't sell out any time soon. Though if the worst comes to the worst I'll have only wasted £12 :P

Bought mine now as well as Victorian and Speedwells set shoots (nice that you can do those on Friday this year, a bit more breathing room for Sat and Sun)

Will just have to make a note to take an antihistamine before!

• Like 1

My friend needs to do the same. I'm luckily not allergic. She was thinking about bringing him a squeaky toy as she wants to bring a gift for all the guests she meets and didn't want to leave him out bless her. Dunno whether that would be allowed or not though.

I'll probably buy a set shoot too and I agree having the ability to do them on the Friday is great.

Edited by evilfairie

I'm sure it would be allowed but it would be better to get one that's sealed in a bag maybe. At the worst they will accept it and throw it away after. Alternatively you could suggest to your friend that they make a donation to a dog charity in Redbeard's name, then they could give the certificate/receipt to his owner. There are so many good charities out there, even £5 helps. Hearing Dogs for the Deaf (wonderful charity that makes an incalculable difference to the lives of deaf people) Dog's Trust, Blue Cross to name a few.

I'm not overly allergic and a couple of minutes in his presence would be ok but if I've been exposed to other allergens as well it might kick off. I've got a sneeze that is so load I could use it to guides ships into harbor on a foggy night! I wouldn't want to ruin the talks :smile:

Edited by Raylenth

I'll just add that if they like the charity donation option it might be an idea to email Showmasters to ask the name of the dog if they will disclose it, then the donation can be in his name rather than the character he portrayed. His real name might be listed in the episode credits, they often are.

I know it's not my place to say QS, it's the owners decision, but can I request you pass the charity option suggestion on to the office? If the owner doesn't want to receive lots of actual gifts for the dog but lots of people ask about it it's a good compromise I think, if the owner is willing, suggest a charity to make donations on his behalf. Or alternatively set up a collection bin in the photo shoot area and they toys/donations can be sent on to a local dog shelter.

I only ask as having volunteered for 3 years at a local independent cat rescue I know how much difference something like this could make to a small charity, it's something I'm quite passionate about.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with Raylenth. Thanks for posting the info, but if everyone approaches Murphy's owner now we might actually scare her. Sorry for putting it that drastic, but the amount of potential guests approached by fans on Twitter at the moment does scare even me. ;)

I'll check with the office like I said, the official route would make more sense in that case.

That's what I thought - if she has a random unknown person tweeting her saying 'give all the dog toys to charity' she might be a little daunted!

Granted I wouldn't have phrased it that way, but if she's interested Showmasters would be best place to handle it all anyway rather than a 3rd party getting involved.