Your Event Feedback

DavidB

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah over 21s after 9pm wouldn't be very fair I don't think. I'll be 22 by the time the next con is on but my sister who I am going with will only be 20 and she didn't mob the guests.

Then let's go with 18 so that everyone can drink and show some courtesy at the same time! :)

first, i'd just like to thank all involved for a wonderful weekend! thumbs up for Massive Events, that really seemed to do everthing they could to keep us all happy and satisfied during the event. me and my friends never had a problem to get help if we had any questions.

and when it comes to guests, they were all pretty amazing. it was nice to get to know them a bit better through their talks, and get to see their 'real selves'.

i also really enjoyed all the work that was put down to make every themed party different.

things that could be improved to next time might be to include more activities that doesn't involve the guests. since we lived quite far from park inn and couldn't get back there during the day, i sometimes felt that there was too little to do while you were waiting for the next big thing to happen. especially if you only had the standard ticket, there was for example a lot of spare time while the others were on their photoshoots . but i can also imagine that it must have been very stressful for the guests too always be the main focus.

maybe there could be more small activities that focusees more on the movie and the actual story, like free contests, quizzes about the movie/books, some kind of exhibition with props from the movie and funny facts about the guests/characters of the books. i would definitely enjoy something like that :)

thanks again for a great weekend ;)

I had an AMAZING time as usual!!

I didnt have any issues personally with the drinks reception on the Fri but I can see how people would have. I got in there pretty early and went straight to Kellan and was one of the first people to speak to him properly. I made sure I moved on after a bit tho once more people turned up as didnt want to accused of hogging! Tbh after that I wasnt too fussed if I didnt speak to anyone else!

We didnt even see Christian in there lol and never got to speak to Ashley part from a quick hi an bye when she left. We were always on the outside of her circle and no-one made space. We got to Justin eventually but had to stand there for ages as girls just kept pushing in. Spoke to Peter for a like a minute before people thought they could just push in coz they had make cakes *rollseyes*

Anyway, other than that my main thing that annoyed the hell out of me was the bidding for the encounters. I bid for Kellan's yesterday and went back later to check and someone had crossed my bid out!! I couldnt actually believe that anyone would do that. I managed to bid again and win but it makes me wonder how many other bids were "sabotaged" lol. Maybe it should be a private ballot and you bid once and just hope for the best.

I was disappointed that Christian wasnt personalising or doing her full auto yesterday. Was told because it was really busy but she had the shortest queue out of everyone! Annoyed me more as I could of gone down her queue on Sat but decided to wait and get all my autos on the same day.

Slow dances with Kellan should have been offered as well......I think I would have died?!!

Ok, so an essay of a post but I think that's it!!

Bring on the next one!

Pleeasee get Kellan and Peter back!

xxxx

or instead fo changing age limit just ID @ the bar? lol

Altho i have to say, underage drinking happens all the time, and with it being at con aat least its you know sorta supervised so they cnt go too over baord!

Edited by Sazzzy

I really enjoyed it, it was honestly one of the best weekends of my life! :( I am really sad that i missed out on a gold ticket, :P but i will still try for a silver! :D

Things that worked well? The talks were fantastic, and I loved the way the photoshoots were done, it made it all so easy to not miss anything.

Things that could have been better? The only thing that bugged me was the fact that the guests were bothered so much, they would have stayed longer at the parties if they had been left alone people!!! :WINCE:

Things i wanna see in October? MORE GOLD TICKETS!!!!!!!!!! also i would love it if you could bring kellen back too!!

Altogether an awesome weekend, one i will remember for the rest of my life, thanks guys!!!! :clap:

Definitely do a quiz competition to find the most avid Twi-Hard, I am obsessed with the facebook Addicted to Twilight trivia, have probably answered over a 1000 Twilight related questions, so would be more than happy to help come up with questions, anagrams etc :) xx

i totally disagree with the whole under 21's leaving after 9pm.

i will certainly not come if this is the case.

however, maybe you could have something like, "children under 14 after be accompanied by an adult at the parties" ?

In my opinion this con was a dream come true - I really felt I lived Twilight for 3 days - so thank you!!! :D

Best bits:

Peter - please get him back he was the highlight!

Ashley - such a sweet lovely girl - want her back too!

Art/Design - the details made it - the La Push umbrellas and surf machine, the meadow, the prom party design, all of that.

The atmosphere - really enjoyed the feel of the con - relaxed and imformal.

Hotel staff extremely helpful.

The themed cocktails.

Improve:

Hardly anything tbh.

Just that I nearly missed my op with Ashley because the queue closed an hour early.

and of course having Rob and Kristen would be the dream :D

I think it's been said a lot, I obviously loved the events but the big downfall was the drinks reception.

The bar area where it was held was way too small for 150 guests AND staff AND celebs.

I'm very chlaustrophobic and I got to meet Ashley for all of 15 seconds before she was pulled away, people kept pushing me out of the way, and I had to leave because it was so bloody hot in there that I was about to faint. I was so upset when I got back to my room that I cried, I had so been looking forward to it and I felt that I'd wasted my money on the gold pass. Sorry to sound so down on it but it was one of the things that appealed to me and I thought it might be held in the main hall.

We were told Peter would come over but by the time he got to my friend I'd already had to go back upstairs cus otherwise I would have been pulled out of there by paramedics.

Suffice to say I'm not going on gold again cus I think it was a waste of money, sorry guys.

The guest encounters were great but i noticed someone got there bid crossed out because there was nobody to stop people doing this. The girl who had her bid crossed out was upset about this and i am not suprised. It was a little hard to get to see the bidding also as when it was finishing on the sunday i could not check it to see where i was on the list because of the crowd waiting to go into the guest talk for cristian and ashley. I think if it was moved so that staff could watch it to ensure nobody is crossing anybody elses bid off and so that it bidders are able to get to itat all times that would e great. :lol:

All I have to say is about the seating.

On the saturday me and my 3 friends who had silver passes came in just before 3 which is when the guest talks were due to start but we missed the talks without the guests because we were in the travelodge so we went back to our hotel so we could get food.

Then when we came in we walked up and we were made to sit about 5 rows from the back in the middle of all the standard tickets.

Because we were told the reserved seats nearer the front were for gold tickets.

I told the staff member that we had silver so we should be closer to the front and she replied 'but they paid more so they deserve seats closer' and i replied 'we paid more too so surely we deserve to be closer too' and she just told me we had to stay where we were.

Then the MC guy announced that there were loads of silver seats left. So we moved.

Then on the sunday we had to in the second row of standard tickets again because enough tickets had been reserved for gold but not for silver.

Even though it was known to staff that a few of the gold ticket holders had already gone home so there were spare seats throughout the talks but we had to sit further back eventhough we paid extra.

So i felt as if eventhough we had paid extra for better seats we weren't as privileged as gold because they'd paid more.

I get that they get the first few rows.

But i don't understand why there wasn't enough seats reserved for silver tickets like there was for gold.

The guest encounters were great but i noticed someone got there bid crossed out because there was nobody to stop people doing this. The girl who had her bid crossed out was upset about this and i am not suprised. It was a little hard to get to see the bidding also as when it was finishing on the sunday i could not check it to see where i was on the list because of the crowd waiting to go into the guest talk for cristian and ashley. I think if it was moved so that staff could watch it to ensure nobody is crossing anybody elses bid off and so that it bidders are able to get to itat all times that would e great. :P

lol that may have been me! I was a little annoyed to say the least and I think I was kinda telling anyone that was stood near me haha!

I won a place in the end though so :lol: to the person who crossed it out!!

xxxx

The guest encounters were great but i noticed someone got there bid crossed out because there was nobody to stop people doing this. The girl who had her bid crossed out was upset about this and i am not suprised. It was a little hard to get to see the bidding also as when it was finishing on the sunday i could not check it to see where i was on the list because of the crowd waiting to go into the guest talk for cristian and ashley. I think if it was moved so that staff could watch it to ensure nobody is crossing anybody elses bid off and so that it bidders are able to get to itat all times that would e great. :P

lol that may have been me! I was a little annoyed to say the least and I think I was kinda telling anyone that was stood near me haha!

xxxx

Well i saw you before the encounter and then in the encounter i was the blonde in the pink hat. Cannot believe someone was crossing bids off though i kept checking back as much as possible.

xxxx

Well i saw you before the encounter and then in the encounter i was the blonde in the pink hat. Cannot believe someone was crossing bids off though i kept checking back as much as possible.

Aww yeah I remember you.

I'm so glad I checked. It didnt even cross my mind that people would do that.

xxxx

I totally agree with everyone who has mentioned the seating... it could be a LOT better organised. :P

If silver pass holders pay for the priviledge of having seating behind the gold area, why wasn't it marked off like the gold area was? :lol:

Oh, & FYI... saying you are Belgian & you don't understand is NO EXCUSE... :smile:

When the gold passes went for their group shots on Saturday, there were people with standard passes moving into their seats in front of silver pass holders & refusing to move because 'they didn't understand'.... then it was the French fans turn to do it on Sunday!!! :D

Thank heaven for Stuart sorting it out, that's all I can say! :P

I told the staff member that we had silver so we should be closer to the front and she replied 'but they paid more so they deserve seats closer' and i replied 'we paid more too so surely we deserve to be closer too' and she just told me we had to stay where we were.

Then the MC guy announced that there were loads of silver seats left. So we moved.

Then on the sunday we had to in the second row of standard tickets again because enough tickets had been reserved for gold but not for silver.

Even though it was known to staff that a few of the gold ticket holders had already gone home so there were spare seats throughout the talks but we had to sit further back eventhough we paid extra.

So i felt as if eventhough we had paid extra for better seats we weren't as privileged as gold because they'd paid more.

I get that they get the first few rows.

But i don't understand why there wasn't enough seats reserved for silver tickets like there was for gold.

I had a silver ticket. There was no seats reserved for any silver ticket holders only gold. You had to make sure you entered the hall when you we're called or you would go futher to the back if you we're late.

I had a silver ticket. There was no seats reserved for any silver ticket holders only gold. You had to make sure you entered the hall when you we're called or you would go futher to the back if you we're late.

... unless you were Belgian or French & 'didnt understand'... :lol::smile:

What worked well? The crew were really helpful. I had a guest encounter with Christian on Sunday which was awesome, so I think those were a really good idea! She said the guest encounters were her favourite part of doing the con, as it was more relaxed and fun. I also think the way the photo shoots & signings were organised really well, though as I managed to get gold this time, I’m a little disappointed that the group photos wont be available this time.

What could have been improved? For Justin’s signing me and my friend came at the right time and were told to come back in 5 minutes, even though our groups had been called. Fair enough, we didn’t mind, so we did, and we were told we couldn’t get our photos signed and had to come back in an hour. There were only about 3 people left to sign things for, and ok fair enough you might think that if you let us you’d have to let everyone, but there was no one else nearby who hadn’t had their turn, & we were annoyed because the person totally went back on their word so we had to rush around to try and get to all our other signings and shoots and not miss them like some other attendees had to.

I didn’t find out about the meadow room til the Sunday night and it was too late. I know many other people had no idea it even existed so maybe have that or whatever replaces that better advertised at et2?

I agree with what others have said about the positioning of the guest encounter sheets being changed because of overcrowding etc. There should also definitely be supervision of this as I found out my name had been crossed out of some of these when I was winning by another attendee which was really nasty, & I’ve heard this happened to a few other people too.

As a few people have already said, the general courtesy of other attendees bugged me. I know it’s not representative of all 15 year olds but most of the lack of courtesy does seem to be coming from people of around that age.

If some people persistently crowd and “hog the guests†can something be done about that, because it’s not fair on the others attendees. I know most people were disappointed that the guests didn’t come to any of the parties for very long, & I can’t help but thinking if all the hordes of screaming girls had restrained themselves or if the crew had controlled this better/ made them leave the room, it might not have ruined that for everyone else. Having said that I still had an amazing time at all the parties anyway!

& to go back to what someone else said about the music at the parties, I know it was all the songs attendees requested, but some song requests were ridiculous because you couldn’t dance to them at all, so not really appropriate for the parties, and they would clear the dancefloor. I love muse, they’re my favourite band, & fair enough play it maybe once a night because it’s on the soundtrack, but all the rock/metal songs…just not really appropriate.

No offence to Alexandra_Smith who said “For the parties..maybe make it so standard can attend one, silver can attend 2, and gold can attend all 3†but I don’t agree with this at all. I’ll have gold for et2 so it wont matter anyway, but I only standard this time and if that had been the case I would have felt very cheated. And about making it over 21 after 9pm? Not fair at all. I can understand where you’re coming from but it’s only certain people who ruined it and that’s not representative of all under 21s. I’m only 18 and I’m not like that at all. So I feel it would be unfair to punish me for the behaviour of other people similar to my age, especially as I am legally an adult, and have a gold ticket. But I do think you should consider Lauren_Cullen_:)’s suggestion that "children under 14 should be accompanied by an adult at the parties"

What you would like to see added to the next con? Peter Facinelli again, definitely! He was such an awesome guest; even though he was ill and had a bad throat, he answered more questions after the host guy said they’d run out of time, and was posing for pictures at the back of the room before and after the talks, and just generally being lovely and talkative to everyone.

And although I’ve already said this to the organisers on the Sunday evening and a fair few of the other attendees, I think Rachelle Lefevre would be an amazing guest. Not only because Victoria is one of my favourite characters, but because from interviews and footage from other cons on youtube, she seems like a really lovely, intelligent & down to earth person who would make it a really good guest for everyone, rather than just picking someone to be a guest because loads of girls daydream about marrying them. Obviously good looking guests will attract some people to buy tickets, but what made Peter my favourite guest wasn’t that he was good looking but because he was such a lovely guy, and I didn’t even get to talk to him apart from the few sentances at the photoshoot & signing.

I agree with flutterby80, St Marcus’ Day would be an awesome theme for one of the parties, and also the quileute bonfire night. A volturi ball would also be nice!

I know that I've written more things to improve on than things that were good, & even though this was my first con I had an amazing time so thank you so much! Definitely one of, if not the best weekend of my life! I loved meeting the guests even if it was a bit brief, which is why I’m getting gold next time, but all the people I met and will hopefully stay in contact with were all so lovely and they were what really made ET for me! & sorry for the essay!

putting an age limit on it isnt going to solve that problem as its something that happens all across the age range the guests at eclipse 1 got hounded out too, but at e2 a lot of the first timers had a better idea of guest etequet and the guests stayed almost all night on the sat.

I just think the whole "Crowding" is also down to what kind of person you are.

I'm 15 and not very confident, so I didn't get "Up close" with any of the guests much, which I now regret because I a) Thought we weren't allowed and B ) Didn't want to upset other people barging infront of them

(Of course I ended up being the one upset-ish)

Also I think having an age limit on the parties is a little unfair, teenagers weren't the only one's being crazy fans who wouldn't leave the guests alone - I just think the rule of "If you crowd them, they will leave" just needed to be enforced a bit more, maybe if the DJ had said something before the guest came.

Edited by jess8619

I think age restrictions are a bad bad idea. Segregation of the groups for the parties is also a bad idea it just allienates people towards each other. I was gold this time but am standard next and I'm taking my younger daughter because the whole weekend I was thinking about she would have loved to dress up for the parties.

I thought that children had to be accompanied by thier adults anyway!! my daughter went everywhere I went.. she only ever went to the toilets by herself.. other than that she was with me at everything.. and the next will be the same.. she was so good.. I think maybe though as another suggestion.. Why couldnt children at least get autographs.. we paid for their tickets as well.. maybe not all autographs but please we paid for their tickets as well.. My daughter felt a bit left out and I have to say I agree having paid for her to come she should have gotten something.. She wouldnt have even gotten the badge if it wasnt for Too Tall!! Children are people too..

It seems that one of the things that is coming up again and again is the bidding for guest encounters. How about having the sheets at the registration desk? I also quite like the idea of a sort of blind ballot where you put your name and bid on a paper in a box and then 12 names are pulled out to take part and the lowest price is the amount you pay.