First Time Comic Con Visitors With a Couple of Questions

Hey guys I have a few questions on behalf of my fiance, sister and myself as its our first times at a con and we want to make sure we make the most of our day.

Firstly I know we can book photo shoots but is there a way to book autographs or do we just buy tickets on the day?

Are we provided with an image or something for them to sign? I've been to band signings in my youth where we were provided with postcard images that weren't even of the band. If I meet Jeremy Bulloch are they going to give me a good picture of Boba Fett or do I need to order one myself?

Can we get anything signed? For example I want to get a Boxed Darth Vader Pop Vinyl signed by David Prowse.

Final question, my fiance is obsessed with Disney and is hoping there will be some stuff on sale, anyone have any experience with Disney at past Cons?

Thanks very much guys!

Edited by DoctorDoom

You pay for the autographs as you get them. For the smaller guests you can just join the queue and get your auto (I'm sure Dave Prowse will be like this but he is usually quite busy). For the lager guest they use the Virtual Queue system. Find details on that here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

Guests have a selection of 8x10 photos that Showmasters provide. You get 1 included with each autograph. There is no way to know what the pics will be until the day so if there is something specific you want then it's best to bring your own.

Most guests are happy to sign most things, within reason. I'd say stay away from any Playboy shoots and such! I'd say you'll be fine with Dave signing the Pop Vinyl.

The stalls have all kinds of stuff for sale, and although I've not exactly been looking out for it, I'm sure they'll be a few bits from Disney around.

Enjoy it!

is it possible to take pictures on mobile phones if only paying for an autograph?

Some guests allow it, some don't. It really depends on the person.

They'll usually have a sign above their table, either no photographs (so none at all), or no posed photographs (so not stopping to pose for a photo, but taking photos while they sign is OK).

If they don't have a sign then just ask & they're mostly fine with it! :)

Hey guys I have a few questions on behalf of my fiance, sister and myself as its our first times at a con and we want to make sure we make the most of our day.

Firstly I know we can book photo shoots but is there a way to book autographs or do we just buy tickets on the day?

Are we provided with an image or something for them to sign? I've been to band signings in my youth where we were provided with postcard images that weren't even of the band. If I meet Jeremy Bulloch are they going to give me a good picture of Boba Fett or do I need to order one myself?

Can we get anything signed? For example I want to get a Boxed Darth Vader Pop Vinyl signed by David Prowse.

Final question, my fiance is obsessed with Disney and is hoping there will be some stuff on sale, anyone have any experience with Disney at past Cons?

Thanks very much guys!

Last year they had some great photos of Boba Fett on Jeremy's table. Same with Vader for Prowse.

I got them to sign my Star Wars blu-ray box set, but still took an 8x10 for my album. You're OK to still take the 8x10 (I still always ask just to be polite) if they're signing a personal item, but obviously it's unsigned as the payment you make is for 1 autograph on your chosen item. It's just sometimes a nice extra to have! :)

Question as its also my first con - what time in the moring would it be the best to queue up as I am making my journey on thee friday to go to the saturday and sunday days.

Last year I queued from around 7am to get inside for 9am, and was pretty close to the front of the queue. But Sunday wasn't as busy, as expected. I just enjoy chatting to people outside in the queue before anyway so it passes time pretty quickly! (That and checking out other people's costumes going past - so many amazing cosplayers last year!)

• Like 1

Question as its also my first con - what time in the moring would it be the best to queue up as I am making my journey on thee friday to go to the saturday and sunday days.

Last year I queued from around 7am to get inside for 9am, and was pretty close to the front of the queue. But Sunday wasn't as busy, as expected. I just enjoy chatting to people outside in the queue before anyway so it passes time pretty quickly! (That and checking out other people's costumes going past - so many amazing cosplayers last year!)

I will try to get there around that time. Currently still trying to find a cheap hotel thats near the venue. I'm just hoping that the person queuing in front of me or behind me likes Marvel as i'll be able to have a good conversation (I haven't got mjuch knowledge of DC).

I will try to get there around that time. Currently still trying to find a cheap hotel thats near the venue. I'm just hoping that the person queuing in front of me or behind me likes Marvel as i'll be able to have a good conversation (I haven't got mjuch knowledge of DC).

Yay, Marvel fan! :D

I'm staying at the Boka hotel which was pretty cheap and doesn't look far from the venue.

• Like 1

Thanks very much guys!

- Apart from the Diamond Passess which include autos, all other autos are purchased on the day.

- Yes, there will be pictures available, a selection of 10x8s of the guests which are included in the price of the autograph, having said that, if there is a particular shot or image from a film I would recommend you bring your own as they will tend to have images from perhaps one or two of their roles in most cases, so if you were after something a little bit more obscure for example.

- Yes, within reason, you can probably get anything signed. I've not heard Dave isn't signing Pops , but I guess you never know for sure.

- I've not particularly been looking out for Disney stuff, which by that I presume you mean the more classic Disney stuff rather than their recent acquisitions, but can recall stalls having some Disney memorabilia for sale.