Gold pass advice

Hey everyone!

Need advise from people who have used the gold passes before. My photoshoot numbers are creeping up (11 on the Saturday, which includes my MJF and CL diamond pass photos, if they are scheduled for the Saturday, and 8 on the Sunday). I can't see me buying anymore, unless there are more guest announcements that grab my attention. However, how many more do you think I could squeeze in with the gold pass if need be?

I'll have a looksie at how many I did last year. That said I balanced mine over the three days. Obviously, as you know, having a GP does mean you get to the front of the photoshoot queue. A lot also depends on when they schedule the shoots as you could in theory have all of them in an hour.

I've seen people claim to have done upwards of 15 in a single day before.

Personally, I managed 8 in a day with a regular pass and there was little reason to panic. Most of the guests have more than one photo shoot per day, so that makes planning much easier.

Well the actual photoshoot itself is very quick and averages out to 9 seconds per person (400 per hour). It's a queue, leave bags as you go in, walk further round queue, stand in front of camera with guest, pose, snap, back round to desk to collect your bag and photo.

There's normally five photo shoot areas at LFCC plus the prop shot areas so its entirely possible although not probable. It just depends on which guests you are having pictures with. The schedules though don't get released until 1 - 2 weeks before the event.

The most you'll have and this is if you are extreamly unlucky and someone has cursed you in a former life is 4 at the same time (mainly because they rarely have more then 4 photoshoot areas running guests at the same time) - even then it'll only be a problem if they are very short shoots 5-15 mins each. That being said, the gold pass will get you in first or allow you to join the front of a very short queue if you're not there at the start. The crew are there to help so if there is a clash speak to the crew and they'll advise you on which to go to first - which is usually the shortest shoot or whichever is finishing first. As Knitty said it last 9 seconds really and as a gold you'll be in and out within no time at all - that's why we get it in the first place.

I usually get 6 to 8 shoots in a day and might have 1 clash I could do more but want to get autographs, enjoy talks and do some shopping - Never missed out before. We all worry in the months leading up to a show, not knowing the layout or the schedule but in the end we all have a cracking time and have some fantastic memories to take away.

Planning is key so when the layout and schedule comes out, study them, plan accordingly and don't be afraid to ask for help either on here or at the show - everyone's freindly and helpful.

Edited by Zahariel

Planning is key, like Zahariel said, but you should be fine, even if the shoots are at the same time. Last year that pass got me in and out of every photo shoot, including Stan Lee's shoot, within two minutes. The longest time l wasted was the "running" through the hall in between shoots to get to the next photo shoot area lol.