Guests Cancels

I am so annoyed that guests are committed to attend conventions/events but a month or 2 weeks or 1 week or even few days before the actual day they decide to cancel events due to other commitments. If guests have filming to do, appear on chat show etc, they should not attend any events unless they are 100% available to attend, its not fair on the fans who are looking forward to meeting them. Its the fans that keeps them going, make them popular and pay for guests to appear. Latest cancellation is Ron Perlman. I feel for the fans who were excited to meet him, get a photo shoot , autograph and spend lots of money for travel, accommodation, buying souvenirs etc. Guests should think about their fans instead of deciding to cancel at the last minute. Organisers will have to do their part to make sure guests can be available and committed 100% at the event otherwise get someone else. Events like LFCC, Collectormania, Star Trek, Dr Who, Star Wars, etc you always get cancellation from guests. They do get plenty of time to be invited to events. Guests if you attend DON'T CANCEL AND UPSET YOU FANS.

• Like 1

It's disappointing, yes, but it's the nature of the business. Every guest is confirmed subject to availability and if work crops up then so be it. The filming schedule is infinitely more important than a convention appearance.

• Like 4

I know that its upsetting when a guest cancels but surely as a fan you would be glad that they were working. I dont think they would cancel unless it is unavoidable. It's not like they are sitting at home and thinking "I cant be bothered to go to LFCC and meet my fans, get paid, I'd rather sit at home and do nothing".

• Like 1

yes its dissapointing when someone cancels but their filming is their living, it gets priority over absolutely everything. Making a film ( or TV show) is not a job where its set day, 9 to 5, it often overruns or technical reasons mean someone is called back in.Often they are working miles away overseas. When many productions cost millions they are not going to turn up at a convention instead.A guest can be rebooked and you'll get your money back. Showmasters accept the possibility of cancelations happening sometimes with guests, they point this out and its just one of those things.

Edited by loveamyadams

Get ready for this thread to disappear once a mod sees it.

But you are absolutely crazy to think LFCC would ever happen if all guests had to be 100% committed to attending. Imagine having to commit to something months ahead not knowing what could happen. Say you're a movie star and signed up, then one week before LFCC someone offers you a role worth millions. You really think an actor wants a contract with Showmasters that forces them to turn that role and money down??

Unless you want an LFCC full of actors that can't get work, then you have to accept the fact that cancellations can and will sometimes happen.

• Like 5

Acting is their job what they do. Filming alerts comes first it just has to. Anything could happen. Look at Finn Jones. He was coming and then get cast in Marvels Iron Fist. He wasn't gonna tell marvel he can't go cause he has a convention to go

Aftab, why are you opening new threads to ask a question you have already asked and been replied to in another? The response you get isn't going to change. We aren't going to suddenly go 'oh heck, you keep saying the same thing, you've worn us down, we'll make Ron Perlman come over just for you'

Please read what people are saying to you and understand it. I'm sorry you are disappointed but lots of people have replied to you, all with the same thing. If you can't accept that then I don't think these kind of events are for you because you are going to be constantly angry. The sad reality of these events is that people should presume that the guests they want to see will cancel before the show, because statistically they probably will especially when they are booked months before the show. If we get to the weekend of the event and they are still attending then 'yay', if not. it's just one of those things.

• Like 3

I am so annoyed that guests are committed to attend conventions/events but a month or 2 weeks or 1 week or even few days before the actual day they decide to cancel events due to other commitments. If guests have filming to do, appear on chat show etc, they should not attend any events unless they are 100% available to attend, its not fair on the fans who are looking forward to meeting them. Its the fans that keeps them going, make them popular and pay for guests to appear. Latest cancellation is Ron Perlman. I feel for the fans who were excited to meet him, get a photo shoot , autograph and spend lots of money for travel, accommodation, buying souvenirs etc. Guests should think about their fans instead of deciding to cancel at the last minute. Organisers will have to do their part to make sure guests can be available and committed 100% at the event otherwise get someone else. Events like LFCC, Collectormania, Star Trek, Dr Who, Star Wars, etc you always get cancellation from guests. They do get plenty of time to be invited to events. Guests if you attend DON'T CANCEL AND UPSET YOU FANS.

Sorry but no.

It is disappointing when someone you want to meet cancels (and I was going to see Ron) but as people have already said, it is the nature of the beast and film/tv roles are how these guests make a living so have to take priority. Don't forget as well that they wouldn't have as many fans who'd want to see them if they didn't take more roles to get their face out there.

• Moderators

Aftab, I can't explain this any more than I already have to you in the other thread you posted and as others have on here, whilst we understand your disappointment as has already been explained these things can't be helped, ultimately a working actor will always default to their primary body of work before attending a convention, we can't lock guests in to a contract or we would never have anyone attend. Please do not open further threads is respect of this matter.

• Like 1