Your missing a huge audience.. Post Here!

Delorean 2015

Guys,

I know you keep saying that Facebook is the official site to recieve updates but you have to realise, (and im sure that im not alone in this opinion) lots of people dont log onto your site on facebook all the time. A lot of people will just look at the News Feed once in a while.. So if you dont see it when it goes up.. People miss it..

Can you please keep the updates on this website too!! It seems theres no problem with regular guest updates for LFCC and Collectormania here but the smaller events are not given the same treatment..

Post the info on facebook, copy and paste into here... Job done.

Its a shame this event is not happening, I went to the first one and was looking forward to the second as I have family ties to Elstree Studios, so fingers crossed it happens some where else historic.

Cheers, D

• Like 6

I'm not on facebook. This is the official Showmasters forum and all event information should be posted here.

This is the official Showmasters forum. However, my understanding is that the event is ran by Jason and Gary Kurtz. It is their (Kurtz/Joiner Archive) event, not Showmasters, http://www.kurtzjoin...com/index.html. The actual event page has no mention of Showmasters. Some resources of Showmasters have been used, crewing the last (and presumably the next) event and the online shop, due to the obvious connection with Jason. This is probably why Facebook is the official source announcements etc. That is where The Kurtz/Joiner Archive have chose to promote it.

Hi Moderator.. I looked at the FB link you posted and I still can not find official confirmation that this event has been cancelled.

I stand by my original post.. If you are moderating a thread where a huge population of your fan base will be returning for updates, and your saying there is a good chance that updates or even event cancellations will not be posted, then whats the point in even having this forum? You would be better off posting a link directly to the FB page?

I would have thought you would want fans of both Showmasters / Kurtz-Joiner events to be kept updated as well as possible?

Hi Moderator.. I looked at the FB link you posted and I still can not find official confirmation that this event has been cancelled.

The announcement about the change of date/venue is contained within the update posted on the 21st January, which starts with 'update to everyone'

No, the dates were advertised but no tickets had been on sale. It looks like Jason was hoping to secure another stage where Star Wars was filmed but was unable to do so.

Last years Empire Day was fantastic, so it is really sad that we won't be going back this year.

• Showmasters Admin

Still a shame, but at least no one has lost out

No one will looses out ever with our events, we refund any event 100% including the postage if an event has been canceled, we have a great reputation for looking after your money and if we have to cancel an event we give everything back and that's why people trust us with their money.

On canceled events this is what we feel, it's better to try to run an event than to just say "well it might not work so lets not try to run it". At the last Elstree Empire Day it was up in the air what stage we would be able to use or if we'd get a stage at all but as time went on it came clear we would get somewhere but still around 2 to 3 weeks before we did not know what stage it was going to be! It is a working studio and we have to play second fiddle to any TV or Film production and we were very lucky, as to this years event, again we tried to pencil in the space with the studio and we picked a good date :-) but it soon became clear that we would not get any stage space this year that would work as they are busy, which is great for the Studio. We will try again in the future to go back to Elstree but we are also looking at other venues that are also of interest to fans, we will keep you all up to date on where we find to run the next Empire Day. We sold out the 300 tickets we had for the last event and the lucky 300 will remember that day for years to come. It was my dream to run a Empire Day at the studios its self and that's one thing to tick off my things to do in my life list, now we go on to tick some others off over the next few years :-)

Watch this space and thank you for your support everyone.

May the force be with you.

Jason

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Showmasters Admin

we like everyone that wants to buy a ticket for this event to join the Kurtz/Joiner Archive Facebook page to we can talk to you direct and you get informed asap when we do have info ono tickets as we feel its going to sell out fast this time around so join the page and you will not miss out on another great show.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Kurtz-Joiner-Archive/151362958219683

see you all very soon

jason