Would there be a 2nd Sherlocked event?

_ItsWilliam_

I'd love a second event but this one was sooo busy that even more guests would be crazy, think if they kept the number of guests the same but changed them up a bit it would perfect! But to be honest they could do a convention with just Rupert and Andrew and I'd be there with bells on!!

• Like 3

A friend I was with during parts of the event said that there was a rumour that a second event may happen whether its true or not who knows but likewise if they just got Andrew I'd be there lol :wub: he was an amazing guest one of my favourites to meet at the event for sure and Rupert too very friendly god I miss them already :(

• Like 1

I think if they kept the ticket format the same I'd be surprised if they could cope with any more guests, I managed to get everything done on my gold pass but it wasn't easy.

I'd love there to be another one but I think they'd struggle to get a better line-up than they had at this show, still here's hoping!

Personally I'd rather have *fewer* guests so I wouldn't have to constantly chose between photoshoots, talks & other stuff. (I didn't get to hear any of the 'techy' talks except for the SFX show & I only saw 2-3 talks all the way through since I was late because of photos. Also just a smaller number of people in general would be ideal.

It's hard because whilst I loved that they had practically the whole cast I do appreciate how difficult it was for the attendees to do everything and I don't know if I'd have been able to do as much as I did without the Platinum ticket.

As it was I didn't really see any other talks on Saturday other than Ben's ones, and 10 mins of Louise and Jonathan's and the same with Lars and Ruperts. I sacrificed them in order to get the photo shoots done and get as many auto's as possible, but it did free up Sunday a lot so I could see all the talks (apart from the vis affects which I was sad to not be able to see any of), and make sure I got Louise's auto and Marks!

Whilst I can see it would be calmer with less guests, I did love getting to see them all in one show.

It's hard because whilst I loved that they had practically the whole cast I do appreciate how difficult it was for the attendees to do everything and I don't know if I'd have been able to do as much as I did without the Platinum ticket.

As it was I didn't really see any other talks on Saturday other than Ben's ones, and 10 mins of Louise and Jonathan's and the same with Lars and Ruperts. I sacrificed them in order to get the photo shoots done and get as many auto's as possible, but it did free up Sunday a lot so I could see all the talks (apart from the vis affects which I was sad to not be able to see any of), and make sure I got Louise's auto and Marks!

Whilst I can see it would be calmer with less guests, I did love getting to see them all in one show.

I found it the same but the opposite way round being Platinum B. I did manage to do everything I wanted though, I got all my photo shoots and autographs plus managed to see Saturday's Steven and Mark talk, Benedict's and Andrews plus Rupert and Lars's. On the Sunday though I sacrificed Rupert and Jonathan's and Andrew and Marks so I could do my shoots. I was happy that as the talks were running late I did get to see all of the Ladies of Sherlock talk so managed to see pretty much the whole of the main cast on stage bar Jonathan Aris. I didn't get to see the SFX talk (though did hear it and jump out of my skin every time lol) or any of the second stage talks. All in all I was very very happy with my experience.

Less guests and less activities would make an event a bit more relaxed IMO. I was literally running from one corner to another to get my stuff done, and still haven't managed everything.

I agree with the general gist of the event being rather hectic, if you had a gold or above ticket and so many paid-for activities. But I think it's not the same for people with silver or below. I think quite a few people only went to sessions with guests they were really interested in and therefore didn't have such a packed schedule. Less guests could mean for everything to be a bit more relaxed, true, but then again everyone was so delightful and lovely that I wouldn't have wanted to miss anyone.

The only real criticism I have is that the whole setup of the venue could have been a bit more friendly and cozier. Maybe next time there could be a somewhat separate area for people to relax and sit down for a bit and have some food/drink and a chat without having to leave the main hall (I'm thinking of an area that could be designed go resemble the 221b living room a bit). Also a few more stands for fan-oriented stuff might be nice.

The only real criticism I have is that the whole setup of the venue could have been a bit more friendly and cozier. Maybe next time there could be a somewhat separate area for people to relax and sit down for a bit and have some food/drink and a chat without having to leave the main hall (I'm thinking of an area that could be designed go resemble the 221b living room a bit). Also a few more stands for fan-oriented stuff might be nice.

There was an area specifically designated for this that was by the main stage exit area that i did often see people using for that purpose, however it could have used some chairs for those who were in need of a little physical relief - I spoke to a couple of attendee's who whilst not technically disabled where limited in their mobility and were finding the amount of time on their feet difficult. There was also a bit of a lack of chairs inside the photoshoots for those in need of them.

Regarding the lack of other stands, I'm not sure what specifically you are thinking of but it might have been limited to not overcrowding the space they had. As they had to book and get the event on fairly quickly they probably had to take what halls they could get rather than the amount they would have wanted. Excel did seem like it was either fully or nearly fully in use the whole weekend.

It was probably no bad thing that there wasn't much more exhibit wise, they needed to keep a decent amount of space free to cater for people waiting for photo shoot queues to die down and to allow people to move about freely. I can remember being at an event in MK a few years ago where there were so many people in one area that for a few moments no one could actually move. I think the balance of exhibits and free space was about right this time.

I think if there is to be another one, and if there is I don't see it being for a good while yet given they seem to be struggling to get the cast together to actually film any episodes, I wonder if they would be able to make it more like a three day event to get some of the photo shoots done on the Friday, just to free the schedules up a bit. That said I'm sure it was something they looked at for this show, they seem to be quite good at doing this sort of thing after all!

• Like 1

Raylenth: Regarding that chill out area: that's exactly what I meant. It was a good idea to have some space to just generally hang out and get out of the crowd for a bit but a few more chairs or cushions or similar would have been nice. Even if I did not have much time to actually use it. :) And I realise the space between photo booths and autograph tables was necessary for the crowds but maybe a different kind of arranging these might have made it look a bit less...bleak? Sorry, not sure how to describe what I mean. They probably made the best out of the space they had and I'm not really complaining, just trying to think about ways how to present everything a bit better next time. Which I will hope there will be :)

I get what you mean bigblue bit did seem a bit bleak but really all that space was needed to move freely and the halls just not designed as as cozy, without a complete overall there was not much that could be done. The party's on the other hand... I never even went to second night the first was so disappointing I don't think anyone even tried with the themes or making an inviting party space.

• Like 1

BIG "WHAT IF?"

If there was to be a Sherlocked 2, wouldn't it be nice to see the following guests?

Leads -

Martin Freeman (John)

Amanda Abbington (Mary),

Timothy Carlton (Pa)

Wanda Ventham (Ma)

Guests -

Vinette Robinson (Donovan),

Phil Davis (Jeff),

Russell Tovey (Henry Knight),

Lindsay Duncan (Lady Smallwood),

Yasmin Akram (Janine),

Tom Brooke (Wiggins).

We can dream, can't we?

• Like 5

Love for there to be another Sherlocked, though I'd only attend if there were some different guests the second time- the suggestions above are superb!

Would of course be great to have Benedict back as well for all those double photoshoots with Martin. :-)

Also maybe Louise Brealey, she was such a great guest, would be great to see her again.

Love for there to be another Sherlocked, though I'd only attend if there were some different guests the second time- the suggestions above are superb!

Would of course be great to have Benedict back as well for all those double photoshoots with Martin. :-)

I'd love that photo op also would love one with both Benedict and Andrew so getting them 2 back would be awesome! I can just imagine walking around the corner and seeing both Andrew & Benedict in the same area actually it might be a bad idea for me as I'd probably pass out as my poor heart wouldn't be able to take it