Amazing

showmasters

Out of interest, without having to go too in depth, what's the deal with fan splits etc? Just curious ..

I am very lucky not knowing about this at all and I am a bit curious too.

But wouldn't it be better to go and meet the fans without that knowledge?

Out of interest, without having to go too in depth, what's the deal with fan splits etc? Just curious ..

Oh just put it down to people are people and as my family would say "there's nowt so queer as folk". People get very *possessive* about the actors/attention from the actors/time with the actors and that kind of thing. "Big Name Fan" syndrome!!

Me I'm all for just enjoy it and I've never understood why in one fandom (whatever fandom it is) you can't just all get on together, after all you are all giving your support to the same thing.

Oh just put it down to people are people and as my family would say "there's nowt so queer as folk". People get very *possessive* about the actors/attention from the actors/time with the actors and that kind of thing. "Big Name Fan" syndrome!!

Me I'm all for just enjoy it and I've never understood why in one fandom (whatever fandom it is) you can't just all get on together, after all you are all giving your support to the same thing.

I can’t imagine such a fandom……………..

It should be a pleasure for both actors and fans, shouldn’t it?

Please forget about my curiosity and keep us unknown…….

I know the main reason that a lot of people have decided to not attend this event is because most similar conventions offer "two" personal free autographs per guest. The "one" free autograph is rather mean to say the least in comparison to other conventions (many run by Tenth Planet themselves).

I know the main reason that a lot of people have decided to not attend this event is because most similar conventions offer "two" personal free autographs per guest. The "one" free autograph is rather mean to say the least in comparison to other conventions (many run by Tenth Planet themselves).

Personally given the number of guests, I think its an amazing deal that we are getting one from all of them (as I believe is the case?) Great value to me. I guess we are all different though as to what we want from our cons.

Unfortunately TP are coming into line with Showmasters (Three levels of ticket, 1 free auto and £10 an extra) which will cut done the number of their events I will do as well.

In this case for B7 14 or so autographs is a lot for the price of 1 ticket - I'd of had no qualms paying that. Trouble is I priced up how many extras I'd want. It would come to more than the price of admission, hotel and train put together. I simply couldn't afford it with other events too. Same for the Hub. London events are just so much easier for me. In Devon!

Unfortunately TP are coming into line with Showmasters (Three levels of ticket, 1 free auto and £10 an extra) which will cut done the number of their events I will do as well.

In this case for B7 14 or so autographs is a lot for the price of 1 ticket - I'd of had no qualms paying that. Trouble is I priced up how many extras I'd want. It would come to more than the price of admission, hotel and train put together. I simply couldn't afford it with other events too. Same for the Hub. London events are just so much easier for me. In Devon!

too right, I think an extra auto at £5 is plenty with a maximum of 2 extra... with only 110 people attending and not many people buying extra autos i think its disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats why only 110 people have signed up, if you gave 1 free auto and £5 extra this event would have been sold out and the actors would earn more money!!!! i bet you the actors sit around after the main rush!!!! these sort of rules are going to kill attendees attending these conventions especially with the credit crunch, thats why TenthPlanet went under so to speak in my view.... I'd like a reply from showmasters to explain why this rule is now in effect....

sorry, rant over.....

so you agree with the auto prices?

Well having to pay more than I expected for autographs at Bad Wolf this year has probably killed off two day conventions for me certainly. And it was that weekend I decided against B7 and TW.

yeah the bad wolf got to me especially not realising the 1 auto rule, had to pay over £60 for extras, wasn't impressed

1 free auto per guest is standard with the majority of conventions and to pay around £10 for extras is also standard.

If you had come not only would you have been part of a really great con and got some autos that you wanted :D . To me that's better than missing out entirely and being on a budget myself I would rather get some than none. Plus its likely to be the only time we get to meet Josette, which makes it very special in my mind. :D

Jason has said that SM wont make any money and that this is a fan run event so its not fair to critisise prices. Guests may be charging more than before as far as we know and the price is needed to cover their costs. We're not privy to the costs SM have to pay, but you have to consider hotel hire, travel, accomodation. food and fees, all of which will have increased in recent years. Let alone the ancillary things that all add up. Its not as easy as it was to put on cheaper run events I would imagine.

Its a shame more people who genuinely love the show are not going for whatever reason, but it will be a great one! :D

K

Its a shame more people who genuinely love the show are not going for whatever reason, but it will be a great one! :D

K

we love the show, hubby can often quote whole conversations as we watch but we cannot physically make it and we are gutted. Hope everyone who can go really enjoys it. I'm jealous.

we love the show, hubby can often quote whole conversations as we watch but we cannot physically make it and we are gutted. Hope everyone who can go really enjoys it. I'm jealous.

I feel sorry for you and for all of you who are not able to attend............