Photo/Autographs Per Day Advice

This will be my first convention and I'm curious how many photos and Autographs will I be able to fit in each day?

So far I've booked Shatner, Takei, Frakes and TNG Bridge but don't want to find myself in a position where 2 guests are signing or doing photo shoots simultaneously.

What would happen in this instance? Would be easier if there was a timetable to use use as a guide but I appreciate we are still quite some time away from a structured timetable. Any advice?

Edited by Jamesmd85

• Moderators

This will be my first convention and I'm curious how many photos and Autographs will I be able to fit in each day?

So far I've booked Shatner, Takei, Frakes and TNG Bridge but don't want to find myself in a position where 2 guests are signing or doing photo shoots simultaneously.

What would happen in this instance? Would be easier if there was a timetable to use use as a guide but I appreciate we are still quite some day away from a structured timetable. Any advice?

My first DST I think I had about 8 photos each day and 5 autos which I did without issue, some people do more so you will be fine.

A timetable is usually published a round a week before the event, if you have a clash speak to the crew on the day who will generally be able to assist in getting you through all of your photo shoots.

Once the timetable is published feel free to ask any questions about clashes and we will be able to advise on here.

• Like 1

What would happen in this instance? Would be easier if there was a timetable to use use as a guide but I appreciate we are still quite some day away from a structured timetable. Any advice?

My first DST I think I had about 8 photos each day and 5 autos which I did without issue, some people do more so you will be fine.

A timetable is usually published a round a week before the event, if you have a clash speak to the crew on the day who will generally be able to assist in getting you through all of your photo shoots.

Once the timetable is published feel free to ask any questions about clashes and we will be able to advise on here.

I would agree with everything StuartG2198 has said, just bare in mind that Saturday is usually the busiest of the days so things will always take naturally longer then.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reassurance guys. I just wasn't sure how this was going good to work out.

As you say, Saturday will be busiest. I'm going to try and get the photosame with the more popular guests on Friday and Sunday to reduce queue time hopefully.

In your experience, which queues are longer? Photoshoots with guests or Autographs?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks for the reassurance guys. I just wasn't sure how this was going good to work out.

As you say, Saturday will be busiest. I'm going to try and get the photosame with the more popular guests on Friday and Sunday to reduce queue time hopefully.

In your experience, which queues are longer? Photoshoots with guests or Autographs?

Autographs generally have the longer queues but they do run on a VQ system which makes things really efficient. With the photo sessions, these run really quickly as generally there is only a few seconds interaction with the guest whereas at the autograph desks there is slightly more interaction with most guests whilst they sign (I will add this is not the case with all guests)

You go to each guests auto area and get a VQ ticket from the crew member for each guest you want auto's from. Each ticket will have a number on that represents your place in the virtual queue. At the front of each queue there will be a laminate on a post where the crew will write the numbers that they have called up, 1-30, 1-50 ect. Keep an eye on it and once your number has been called you can go through any time after that. The VQ tickets are day specific though. If you get one on Saturday and didn't go through, you can't use it on Sunday, you would have to get a new ticket for Sunday.

Don't forget to check out the FAQ thread here, a lot of answers may be listed there.

Edited by Raylenth