Cardiff Autograph pre-orders

Gstq10000

Hi, Can anyone tell me if they have/have not received their pre-orders from the Cardiff event?

I have yet to receive anything, and I have emailed them twice in the last 10 days with no reply.

Anyone have a better way to contact someone quicker/more direct before I contact my credit card company to begin recovery of my money?

Thanks

They had 3 shows around the same time Gstq and one was oversea's so they are possibly just playing catch up, especially if a lot of the items were not very well marked up for identification by the people who sent them in.  I've used the pre order service in the past and have found that sometimes it takes a while to get a reply.  I can only advise waiting a bit longer as I'm sure Jason is in the process of getting them sent back.  Jason does come on here so hopefully he will see this and be able to get back to you.

Thanks for the replies, I don't mind waiting, I expected that. It's the lack of response I don't like as its common courtesy and not very professional. Maybe they could put something on the website to inform us, I was mainly worried that it had got lost either once they had it or if they had sent it, I sent it recorded delivery so know it arrived OK.

Obviously I am not having a go at Jason here, if he is doing it all alone, its more about Showmasters not putting enough resources into it.

Thanks again, and hopefully Jason can advise accordingly if he comes on.

If there's bigger delays then Jason does put a note on the website. The event has been three weeks ago. I know this sounds really long from the perspective as a customer, but this weekend is the first free one after back to back events. The timeframe is not that much out of the ordinary yet.

• Moderators

Good Morning All

It was down to the fact that we had, Gallifry, cardiff, Belfast and Rotterdam in quick succession. If your UK and ordered from any of these, your items should be in your hands, either today or monday at the latest. Outside the UK give a few more days. 

There is a post on the home page which says about shipping time but no one looks at that. People started messaging AT the cardiff show asking if their stuff had been signed. In the first 5 days after cardiff I had at least 70 emails askiing if their stuff had shipped yet. This only slows things down. 

Keep an eye on those mail boxes. 

JG 

Hi Jason, just a suggestion but maybe it needs to be made more prominent on the website?  If it's possible add another link on the top bar maybe, with the Home, Shop, Contact links, and clearly lay out the return time estimates and mention that it can be slowed by multiple events ect.  Also make a clear request not to post/email during the show ect. as nothing will happen with returns until the show is over.

I know some people won't read it or will ignore it but if it helps cut down people emailing you it might be a good idea, it also means that when people ask here we can post the link for them to read.

Just a suggestion though.

Good Morning All

It was down to the fact that we had, Gallifry, cardiff, Belfast and Rotterdam in quick succession. If your UK and ordered from any of these, your items should be in your hands, either today or monday at the latest. Outside the UK give a few more days. 

There is a post on the home page which says about shipping time but no one looks at that. People started messaging AT the cardiff show asking if their stuff had been signed. In the first 5 days after cardiff I had at least 70 emails askiing if their stuff had shipped yet. This only slows things down. 

Keep an eye on those mail boxes. 

JG 

Hi Jason, just a suggestion but maybe it needs to be made more prominent on the website?  If it's possible add another link on the top bar maybe, with the Home, Shop, Contact links, and clearly lay out the return time estimates and mention that it can be slowed by multiple events ect.  Also make a clear request not to post/email during the show ect. as nothing will happen with returns until the show is over.

I know some people won't read it or will ignore it but if it helps cut down people emailing you it might be a good idea, it also means that when people ask here we can post the link for them to read.

Just a suggestion though.

Agree with all Raylenth says, You will always get people who will not listen, but I am sure the message about shipping time says 2 weeks?  I have found it difficult to find information on the website regarding pre-sales, especially after you have purchased, and would suggest it be easier to find and much clearer.

I understand you and your team are busy, and this is not aimed at any individual as I have no doubt that you are working hard, and are either volunteering or not paid nearly enough... however I do think that showmasters should put more resources into it, especially if you have multiple events back to back, as ultimately its not the customers fault and should still get the service they paid for.

I would happily pay an extra £1 on the shipping if it meant you hired an extra person to get the items out quicker...as an example?

Hopefully things will calm down a bit before the next event...

Fingers crossed I get it by Monday!

Thanks

Edited by Gstq10000
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Hi Guys

Thanks for the tips, I will always listen. Hopefully you will see a great improvement from here on in, with more signings, more images, more items being added to the shop. As of monday I do this full time. Emails should be replied to within 24 hours, Items should be out within a week of the show (APART FROM LFCC) The amount of orders for Cardiff were incredible and caught me a little by surprise. Sadly heading off to belfast a couple of days later and it soon builds up. 

If you have emailed and not got a reply, please resend it. I'm home pretty much all weekend and will get it done. But as I said Monday things change. 

So on that note please feel free to use this post to add suggestions to what you want to see from the pre order side of things. One thing that I'm thinking about and I've spoken to a few already, lots of people are sending funkos in to be signed, what if we offered a service where we had the funko stock, so you wouldn't have to find the funko and pay to ship it in???? Others have asked about photo proof, I know our friends at the euro shows charge % euros for photo proof of your item being signed, is this something you'd like to see and would you pay for it. 

Keep the posts coming and I'll get back on here later and see the suggestions, perhaps we will keep this open for a few days. As I said we have a LOT planned but we want to make sure we head in the direction YOU want. 

JG 

Thanks Jason, re the Funko seeing as they have such a massive collection you'd have to layout quite a lot to get a decent stock in I'd think so I'd say it's easier to leave it as it was.

If I may just ask, is there any idea when we may be getting news on a pre order service for the US Sherlocked event?

Many thanks.

Hi SM,

As your Friendly Camel, I use the Pre Order site, This is what I found and would like to Raise... 

My First Moan, Would be Orders take so long to arrive, I don't think anything I have ordered has arrived within two months of that show closing. This really would need to be looked at and see how you can speed things up.. Speaking to people at the shows, Some people have said the reason they don't use the Pre Order site was its too slow. 

Lack of Photos, Especially for guests that are Ewoks, Stormtroopers etc, It appears you only stock one photo of them... is there no way of changing the photos.. I'm sure you would get more orders if the photo was changed. 

I would disagree with adding a pound to the order so that more staff can be used, Pre Orders are charged enough.. in fact a £10 signer at the show, Signs and Personalises for you, Pre Order you pay £5 straight away over the £10, making it £15. Then an Extra £5 for Personalisation then add £3 Post and Packing making £13 on Top of the £10 Making your £10 signer from the show into a £23  it adds up when you want to get a few.  So I would say, can you not use some of that to get someone to help out? Just a thought. 

Tracking would be good to.. If the Pre order site was updated regularly, Like once all the orders for that show have been sent out then Place this on the Site.. Like all Orders for this Show have been sent out... With a date, So we can judge how long we wait before contacting you asking Where are our Orders etc.. 

Well SM, You have updated the Shows, They are the Best in the World and now you really need to update your Pre Orders Site too... 

Regards,

Your Friendly and only Camel  :smile:

Sherlocked US this weekend. I was given the images last night. 

One thing we are planning is an one line shop for 'items' that have been signed at shows. Not your usual 10x8s that you can buy from most dealers (but I can only recommend celebrity Ink if you have missed a guest at one of our shows)

Many thanks Jason, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Hi SM,

As your Friendly Camel, I use the Pre Order site, This is what I found and would like to Raise... 

My First Moan, Would be Orders take so long to arrive, I don't think anything I have ordered has arrived within two months of that show closing.

Jason mentioned above that he will be running the Pre Orders full time from Monday Mr Camel so orders should be sent out within a week (Except for LFCC) so hopefully it should be a lot quicker soon.

• Moderators

Hi SM,

My First Moan, Would be Orders take so long to arrive, I don't think anything I have ordered has arrived within two months of that show closing. This really would need to be looked at and see how you can speed things up.. Speaking to people at the shows, Some people have said the reason they don't use the Pre Order site was its too slow. 100% and as i'm going full time this will 100% change.

Lack of Photos, Especially for guests that are Ewoks, Stormtroopers etc, It appears you only stock one photo of them... is there no way of changing the photos.. I'm sure you would get more orders if the photo was changed. GOOD point will look into it

I would disagree with adding a pound to the order so that more staff can be used, Pre Orders are charged enough.. in fact a £10 signer at the show, Signs and Personalises for you, Pre Order you pay £5 straight away over the £10, making it £15. Then an Extra £5 for Personalisation then add £3 Post and Packing making £13 on Top of the £10 Making your £10 signer from the show into a £23  it adds up when you want to get a few.  So I would say, can you not use some of that to get someone to help out? Just a thought. EXTRA £ is not needed. Doing this full time will give more time to pack etc, some days working 10 hours etc is more then enough, then to come home to 20 emails a day after the show if Ive shipped yet does cause delays. 

Tracking would be good to.. If the Pre order site was updated regularly, Like once all the orders for that show have been sent out then Place this on the Site.. Like all Orders for this Show have been sent out... With a date, So we can judge how long we wait before contacting you asking Where are our Orders etc.. IIF ALL goes well I'm looking to email out tracking numbers for each order as they ship. 

Well SM, You have updated the Shows, They are the Best in the World and now you really need to update your Pre Orders Site too... THE pre order page will almost become a news page showing whos been added. I will try to get it updates every 2 to 3 days. Same goes for the pre order fb page. 

Regards,

Your Friendly and only Camel  :smile:

All good points, I've added notes to your comments. All good so far :) keep them coming. 

Still have not got my Pre-orders from Cardiff and Belfast  :thumbdown:  

tried to contact Showmasters via the pre-order page but all i get is ERROR  :( (tried a few times)

Hopefully the email i sent gets through

• Moderators

tried to contact Showmasters via the pre-order page but all i get is ERROR  :( (tried a few times)

Without seeing the error we can't do a lot, I am getting emails so it is working for most. What was your order number and I will try and email you. 

JG 

Without seeing the error we can't do a lot, I am getting emails so it is working for most. What was your order number and I will try and email you. 

JG 

http://www.showmasterssales.com/contacterror.html?e=Failed%20Captcha

JG 

http://www.showmasterssales.com/contacterror.html?e=Failed%20Captcha

Contact Us - Error!
Error!

An error was encountered while trying to send your message to showmasters autograph pre-orders.

Return to the contact us form and check that you have entered your name, a valid email address and a message.

Thank you. "Failed Captcha" - there seems to be the reason. Did you enter the Captcha?

EDIT: I have managed to make the error appear and got a little bit of an additional message. We are investigating.

Edited by Queen_Sindel