First Time @ LFFC - Cosplayers

Hi,
As said above it's my first time at the event this year :clap:
Only attending on the Saturday, but am wanting to take as many pictures as possible, hopefully of any awesome cosplays we find also!
Was just wondering how to go about asking people if its okay to take their photo/ have a photo with them? And is this allowed inside and out the venue?
Am quite shy when talking/approaching new people, so looking for any advice on how to ask :blush:

Thanks ^^

*Edit - title should say LFCC :rolleyes: *

Edited by EleanaNepenthe*
  • Like 1

As a cosplayer myself i don't mind people taking pictures with people or being asked to pose as the character i am dressed as, sometimes people even ask me to do something on video as the character, i don't mind at all. one thing i will say though is do not just walk up to a cosplayer and demand a picture, as in just stand right next to them and be all * omg take picture now, pose for me* i know some people might think this doesn't happen but it has happened to me so many times at conventions, people expect so much from cosplayers sometimes, i even got told once i had no right to be angry because dressing up, i obviously have nothing better to do then to pose for photos and got told off for "having an attitude" i remember being totally stunned by this, it was so rude.

like someone else mentioned, please don't come up to cosplayers as they are eating or just sitting down for a rest, its exhausting being in cosplay all day, you can get tired and overheated very easily.

I am dressing as charlie chaplin on saturday and a vulcan on sunday, feel free to come up to me if you spot me and i will happily pose for as many pictures as you like ^_^

• Like 2

Please come up and actually ask rather than just shuffling up and taking a picture as people are passing. I always find it a tad unsettling to have someone 'sneakily' try to take a picture. I presume it's because they're too shy to ask but I'd much rather they just do that AND you'll get a better picture.

• Like 2

I wore a Captain America t-shirt to a previous convention - not an actually Captain America outfit, just a t-shirt with the star on it - and a girl called out "Capitain America! Can I take a photo?".

At which point she then actually took a photo.

:huh: