Best way to get most of day?

Hey all! First time I been to one of these events so all excited for it. And just wanted to check with people who have been to them, whats the best things to do first? I presume as soon as I go in, to go get my virtual queue ticket for a signing of who I want, but apart from that, anyone help me here?

• Moderators

First things definitely collecting any VQ tickets needed, picking up tickets for any talks you want to go to, buying any photoshoot tickets you didn't buy already online.

After that you can just explore the stalls and mingle until it's time for said photos/talks/autographs.

Definitely get your virtual queue tickets first. After that, if you need to buy any photo shoot tickets go to the sales desk to get those.

Before the event, I'd recommend you check the schedule to see what time any talks and/or photo shoots you want to go to are due to take place. Once you've got all your tickets, you can then pretty much plan your day around that.

Get up early or do what a lot of people do get someone you know to get up early for you then turn up about ten mins before doors open in a mini bus or limo and you and 20 others can join your mate in the que thus saving time and not having to get up at stupid o clock. Seriously though as i just go for autographs (strange i know but there we are )i get up and get there early get as many vts as possible. I normally get around between 10 to 15 per day and usually wait a good two hrs to get the last one i need as they are busy at lunch talk photoshoot etc.

As already been said, sensible, comfortable shoes as be standing most the day, bring a drink and pack sarnies save you having go out. If SM load a map showing layout of the venue, study it so know where you need to go. Also make note of schedule. Once inside go collect VQ tickets but DON'T RUN otherwise Too Tall (crew member) will strike down upon you with great vengance and furious anger!! :poki:

Once got your VQ's go get any tickets for talks, queue up buy any photoshoot sessions then free look around the stalls inbetween queueing up for autographs. If you do decide leave the venue for fresh air or just stretch your legs make sure get your hand stamped before leaving.

• Like 1

Some advice would be to sleep outside the doors , seems the only way to get in without waiting 3 hpurs and not even being half way through the (pre-paid!) que ...

That's most definitely not necessary. The standard entry line was very long all day last year. But usually the lines move pretty swiftly once the doors are open. But yes, if you arrive an hour or so before opening there will be a queue in front of you, and it can be rather long.

What's it been like for the pre-paid early bird tickets? I have 2 for tomorrow & tbf up until now i was ridiculously excited, now i'm not so sure :/ surely showmasters will have been given the capacity & therefore will have been able to judge by how many they'd already sold what it was gonna be like today... I'm really not holding out much hope that i'll manage to meet anyone i want to tomorrow or be able to attend any talks!! :/

What's it been like for the pre-paid early bird tickets? I have 2 for tomorrow & tbf up until now i was ridiculously excited, now i'm not so sure :/ surely showmasters will have been given the capacity & therefore will have been able to judge by how many they'd already sold what it was gonna be like today... I'm really not holding out much hope that i'll manage to meet anyone i want to tomorrow or be able to attend any talks!! :/

I had an early bird and showed up at 9am, we got in pretty quickly. But, it seems they really dropped the ball with this one.

• Like 1

Arrived at 9 this morning. Waited in the queue for 30 mins and then bought my ticket at the door. I realise now that I should be glad I was there reasonably early.

• Like 1

Some advice would be to sleep outside the doors , seems the only way to get in without waiting 3 hpurs and not even being half way through the (pre-paid!) que ...

That's most definitely not necessary. The standard entry line was very long all day last year. But usually the lines move pretty swiftly once the doors are open. But yes, if you arrive an hour or so before opening there will be a queue in front of you, and it can be rather long.

It wasnt a serious suggestion ;) , despite the long wait to get in ( and missing some talks i was looking forward too ) i still had a great time and already looking forward to more