Newcastle Schedule - Updated 05/03/14

Does this look like it'll be the final schedule or should we be expecting another update today or tomorrow?

Also any sign of a floor plan going up before weekend or is that not likely to happen now?

Just so I can get super organised lol :smile:

• Showmasters Admin

As far as I'm aware the version up now is the final version.

As for layout:

Org booth and sales will be straight in front of you as you come in.

The two stages are on either side of the main hall.

All signing desks are along the back wall.

Photo shoots I'm not 100% sure so please check on the day.

• Like 1

The photoshoots have been mored around can I change my sophie Aldred photoshoot for a different one or changing it to her autograph would be easier as I don't want to miss the stargate talk

Normally not. You can ask at the sales table if an exception can be made. But I can't promise anything.

is Gordon Banks still attending as there appears to be no photoshoot on the Sunday despite being mentioned in the website list of opportunities ?

To the best of my knowledge he is still attening.

Hiya! I have literally just found out about this event and we want to come but having never been to anything like this before, I have two questions...

1. The kids are only 4 and 6. Both superhero mad so would there be much for them to see/do or is it just loads of talks?

2. My partner wants to hear the talk by Alan Grant - does he have to pay extra for that or is it included in the admissions price.

And finally question - what's the deal with the dress-up parade? Is it too late to enter? My little girl is dying to show off her Wonderwoman costume (hand-made by me!)

I'd read the topics near the bottom (how to get the most of the day & was the popularity underestimated) before you decide any further. It would appear today has been manic & queues ridiculous. It seems it would pay to be there before 9am for early bird tickets.

As for other questions, lots of people seem to take children so I'm sure that will be fine. Talk tickets are free & available near talk area apparently. & as for cosplay there's a topic about that too that says you can still sign up on the day.

:smile:

If there's anyone from the venue/staff reading this, can you have a word with the tech staff to improve the PA/sound quality in the side sections of talk stage A. I was in the centre section of the Carl Weathers/Ian Whyte talk earlier today and the relay quality was okay. Later on was in the seating section next to the centre section for the Star Wars and Danny John Jules talks and a lot of it was inaudible. A simple review of the speaker positioning will make Sunday a better experience for a lot of attendees.

• Like 1

We had a wonderful day, and I don't like to moan when I know loads of people couldn't get in. But, I will, the down side for me was again the sound system. I couldn't hear Sylvester McCoy at all because the cos play stage was so loud. Even in Chris judge talk it was still loud (he even wanted to go over and tell them to be quiet)

But that didn't spoil what was one of my best cons ever. Loved it, thank you show masters

The first NFCC was an unknown quantiy. Problems were bound to occur. Next year will be different and I hope to be crewing it again.

As regards the queuing fiasco that was not the fault of the organisers (Showmasters) but the venue security (AFAIK) they stepped in to manage the queues and got it wrong, no-one is perfect and lessons have been learnt so next year should not see the same happening again.

The free talks also brought in more people than expected and the sound system had only been supplied for the central section and couldn't be changed "on the day". Again lessons were learnt.

Next year will be differerent and a better experience for all.