Potential DLR travel delays caused by London Marathon registration and

nickjjoy

Hi, i was just planning my journey for Saturday and Sunday and noticed that the London travel website ( saying:

"During the Marathon registration period at ExCeL London from Wednesday 22 until Saturday 25 April, large crowds are expected and services will be busier than usual so plan ahead accordingly if you usually use Custom House for ExCeL... Registration is likely to be busiest on Friday and Saturday, so you are advised to reconsider travelling to and from Custom House for ExCeL station on these days if you are not involved with the Marathon."

So, just wanted to warn people (if they hadn't already become aware of it) that it's going to be busier around that DLR stop (which I assume most of us on the DLR will be using for ExCel) and to give plenty of time to get there. Have the con advisers got any additional info/advice/guidance on this?

I'm hoping that the Marathon registration area of the ExCel is a bit further away from where we're going to be?

Thanks

Seeing as this London Marathon has effected the DLR does anyone think it will effect the parking at the Excel? we are going by car and had no idea the Marathon was on the same weekend so do you think finding a car park spot at the Excel will be okay? will the parking still be open?

I don't see any news on it effecting the parking but thought I'd ask anyway we are getting rather concerned and with a tight schedule we don't want to miss out on things we have paid for at the Sherlocked event by parking issues

Thanks!

• Like 1

Seeing as this London Marathon has effected the DLR does anyone think it will effect the parking at the Excel? we are going by car and had no idea the Marathon was on the same weekend so do you think finding a car park spot at the Excel will be okay? will the parking still be open?

I don't see any news on it effecting the parking but thought I'd ask anyway we are getting rather concerned and with a tight schedule we don't want to miss out on things we have paid for at the Sherlocked event by parking issues

Thanks!

One of the chaps I work with is running the marathon and said they will be registering between Wednesday to the end of the day Saturday. He estimates that the majority of people will register Saturday but as there are thousands running it even if it means only a small number of those go Friday it will still be busy. Re the car park who can guess. Most runners probably come from all accross the country so I'd think would be travelling by train but again, that's only a guess.

Kind of glad I'm only coming to the con on Sunday then and here's hoping my journey will be smooth-ish, even though I have to travel from Charing Cross.

The Marathon itself actually starts as I get into London so fingers crossed, people wouldn't be clogging the stations as much (I hope!)

Edited by xxmeg

Thanks for the replies we did end up ringing the Excel today just to get some idea and they where quite friendly and informative.

We where told that the Marathon would be running through the Docklands and thus was worried that some of the roads would be closed off but it turns out they had their info wrong and that the Marathon isn't running through the Docklands instead its just the centre of London apparently and that they are just using the Excel for registration purposes. So for anyone like us who may be driving it seems the roads near the Docklands should be okay and that the car park is still open as normal its just the east side parking may be full due to it but that's fine as the venue has plenty of spots anyway so I'm sure we will find somewhere lol

Phew that's some worry off our minds now lol