Latest WHO you've watched

timelord81r

The Macra Terror. Enjoying my go at watching the series from the start. Done it a few times but stopped once at The Time Meddler, and another time at The Smugglers for one reason or another. Keeping it going this time though. And I do consider The Macra Terror and the like as 'watching' as I link up the CD to my copies of the telesnaps, cine footage, clips etc. Certainly helps enjoyment of a lot of the originals

Funny, I remember I first saw The Mind Robber on the '92 repeat run when I was sick and off school for a couple of days, and whenever i'm sick I want to get the story out to watch it. It's one i'll never tire of. Must be something about Troughton that helps!

im really sick at the moment, so im watching what I always watch when Im sick, have done since I was a kid, my fav ever story, The War Games

Get well soon!

Funny, I remember I first saw The Mind Robber on the '92 repeat run when I was sick and off school for a couple of days, and whenever i'm sick I want to get the story out to watch it. It's one i'll never tire of. Must be something about Troughton that helps!

I had the double vhs from 1990 i think it was and im pretty sure i had it recorded off tv prior to that, its just my all time fav, when ever im sick it always goes on as well, along with bottles of original lucozade. and if im able to eat which at the moment im not :-( , cucumber sandwiches.

I tell ya ive not been this sick since I was a kid, ive even called off work which ive never done in my life, I was quite proud of that record. I feel like ive got normal flu plus man flu.

mind robber, another one of my favs, I guess it also helps that troughton is the best doctor of all time!

Edited by timelord81r

I'm pretty sure Hartnell will always stay as my favourite, as much as I rank Troughton just about as high as him. So many incredible stories. Same with Ian, who is my favourite companion, but Jamie I rank almost as high. I adore Ben and Polly as well.

as a kid i was never a fan of hartnell but I am now!!

ian and steven are fantastic male leads from hartnells era, but for me the all time best companion is jamie, him and pat are perfect, hands down.

watched the ark today

never was a fan of dodo though

It's interesting listening to Pat's first stories, when Jamie first comes into it, and by the time last episode of the Moonbase and then The Macra Terror comes along Jamie really comes into his own, and is completely loyal to the Doctor. Watching them trying to imagine it as if seeing it for the first time, you really get to like Jamie quickly, and he never ever gets annoying, likewise with Ian for me(down to William Russell being an incredible actor)

I adore Dodo. After the dark tone of the end of The Myth Makers, The Daleks Master Plan and The Massacre, I really liked the lighter nature she brought to it, and her enthusiasm about everything. I don't think the likes of The Celestial Toymaker would be the same without her.

I told her that when I met her last year and she was pleased to hear it and said that's exactly what she wanted when she joined, to bring more fun into it.

Daughter was sick so we sat and watched serie 5 in it's entirity but then The Shakespeare code was on the other day and I love that episode! Expelliarmus! The first ever episode I watch was in 1966 and was William Hartnells last outing as The Doctor( The Tenth Planet I think). I was four and is scared the bejesus out of me so I didn't watch it again until I was 7! I remember when the theme tune came on my mum would have me help her make cakes until it was finished!

Finished watching The Time Warrior yesterday (Jeremy Bulloch was a surprise!) and watched The Daleks today. Great early story, much better than An Unearthly Child in my opinion. Hartnell suffers from being a moaning old man at the very start in my opinion, so hopefully he brightens up over the course of his run :WINCE:

Finished watching The Time Warrior yesterday (Jeremy Bulloch was a surprise!) and watched The Daleks today. Great early story, much better than An Unearthly Child in my opinion. Hartnell suffers from being a moaning old man at the very start in my opinion, so hopefully he brightens up over the course of his run :P

Hartnell (imo) does change and lighten up a bit, especially after those first few stories, hes still grumpy though lol but also quirky a bit like yoda, well thats what I see with him at times.

you need to watch the war games!!! best who EVER! best doctor EVER! best companion EVER :-)

I've gone about watching classic who in a really odd way, I watched the first 3 episodes from The Beginning box set, then jumped forward and have now watched all available 3rd Doctor dvd releases (except the Time Monster as Myths and Legends is still a massively expensive box set). I then jumped forward again to the Key to Time season and the E-Space Trilogy (because I was bought these episodes as presents). I'm currently going through season 12 (the start of Tom Baker), watched Robot, Genesis of the Daleks and The Sontaran Experment, with Revenge of the Cybermen on order. Only Patrick I've seen up to now is Tomb of the Cybermen, and I'm going to grab Revistations 2 and 3 when they come out and start what's available from run properly. It upsets me that his photo on the spine of the Seeds of Death is blue on and doesn't match the rest so happily awaiting its re-release. I was happy to learn The Robots of Death and Caves of Androzani will be/have been re-released with matching spines, just Vengence on Varos left now, yes OCD... ¬_¬

Finished watching The Time Warrior yesterday (Jeremy Bulloch was a surprise!) and watched The Daleks today. Great early story, much better than An Unearthly Child in my opinion. Hartnell suffers from being a moaning old man at the very start in my opinion, so hopefully he brightens up over the course of his run :D

I think what has to be remembered is that despite what Hartnell was like in real life, he did PLAY The Doctor as a grumpy old man, especially in the beginning. The Doctor started out a very different character than most people know, and over Season 1 especially, completely changes with the help of Ian and Barbara.

But yeah, I wouldn't blame Hartnell for being grumpy, he did actually play him as a bit of a grumpy grandfather figure