What are you wearing?

ohmyblondiee

Hey guys! I'm so excited to come! I am going to be traveling to the UK from the US, and I just happen to be near by when this conference is happening, and I just bought my ticket!

This won't be the first conference that I've attended, and usually I wear my hogwarts uniform...but what will you all be wearing?

Much love and see you there :)

Oh so tempted to dress up, I have a gryffindor fancy dress thing from Whimsic Alley (loveeee that shop!) it's like a mini grey dress pleated with all the crests, + cloak ) I also put together a slytherin outfit for Halloween last October, that was just a black pleated skirt, white shirt + Slytherin tie + Dark Mark tattoo.

I might see who else I know is going to this first then decide whether or not to dress up :)

If I do indeed come to this event, I have three options.

One, a fairly decent Lucius Malfoy costume, though it will be a little basic, and it requires me to find a long blonde wig.

Two, a slightly more decent Snape costume that will require a shoulder length black wig.

Three, a generic wizard style costume. I've got a robe that's only a little too short, not daftly so. Then I figure I'll put together something that looks like I belong in the wizard world.

Oh you guys all sound fantastic! Personally I am going to be my own hogwarts student, I can't wait too see everyone there!

Anyone bringing wands? I'm bringing mine!

I shall be a generic student as well. Im off to Hamleys on Saturday to buy myself a wand :poki:

• 4 weeks later...

I know there are good american shops, the official warner brothers store has good costumes, Whimsic Alley does really good uniforms.

Given that your short for time there are a number of options, the uniform skirt and shirt etc you could pick up in a normal highstreet store, sometimes even charity shops... the tie etc can be purchased from Amazon, or you could look for the Hogwarts house patch and iron or sew it onto a tie :)

For other costumes like quidditch, I've yet to find an adult one in the uk... but have in the past seen some available to the UK on ebay :) x

So, friday night I'm going as Cliche Hermione to the quidditch party. xD

White shirt, waist black skirt, gryff tie, SPEW badge, cloak, Hermione's wand, and if I can fix it my timeturner, however it is spectacularly broken right now (scratch that, I just bought a new, very cheap, fake one that'll do for the party... I couldn't afford another noble collection one!)

And to yule ball I am being teenage Lily Evans.

White dress, red hair, green contacts, mini-wand in hair, black heels, possibly cloak, gold tiffany necklace...

Edited by LisaMarie

damn, i forgot my hogwarts skirt...oh well, a sweater/tie/polo with jeans won't be too bad, eh?

I can't wait! I hope everyone else is dressed up!

I got my stuff at Whimsic Alley, they do a wonderful job, I highly recommend it to anyone, even though it's a big late now.

I HAVE THE PERFECT YULE BALL OUTFIT! Butttt of course I won't be able to make it...it's a shame.

For the quidditch party I'm going as a generic Hufflepuff :lol: In a completely make-shift non-canon outfit! (the best kind) Bright yellow rugby/hockey top with a giant black stripe across the middle, with a black hogwarts skirt and long yellow rugby socks. And my snitch necklace!

I'm coming as Pansy to the Yule Ball: a little black dress with a green sash, black heels, silver snake jewelery, and a haughty sneer B)

I know there are good american shops, the official warner brothers store has good costumes, Whimsic Alley does really good uniforms.

Given that your short for time there are a number of options, the uniform skirt and shirt etc you could pick up in a normal highstreet store, sometimes even charity shops... the tie etc can be purchased from Amazon, or you could look for the Hogwarts house patch and iron or sew it onto a tie :)

For other costumes like quidditch, I've yet to find an adult one in the uk... but have in the past seen some available to the UK on ebay :) x

Thanks for the info ile see what they have.

For the quidditch party I'm going as a generic Hufflepuff :D In a completely make-shift non-canon outfit! (the best kind)

Yeah my Quidditch party outfit is make shift non-canon as well!!

I decided to go as a "Crazy Gryffindor supporter" And I'm pretty much just wearing as much red and gold as I can: Red skirt with red and gold stripey border, some form of t shirt (haven't worked that part out yet), red tights, gold shoes (XD) and possibly some form of face paint! I think I look somewhere inbetween a cheerleeder and someone who just fell into a wardrobe and wore whatever clothes stuck!

And me and my friend are making little flags to wave (Gryffindor for me, Ravenclaw for her)!

And for the Yule Ball, I'm wearing Hermione's dress from Slughorn's party in the new film. I put more effort into this costume!

I'm so excited, can you tell?

I never knew of Whimsic Alley before your post and I see they've opened a store in Santa Monica. I'm gonna be there in November!!! Thanks for the heads up!!

I never knew of Whimsic Alley before your post and I see they've opened a store in Santa Monica. I'm gonna be there in November!!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Oh fab, the shops amazing! It's got little sections like a wand shop, school shop, it's got a robing shop etc it's so well done took me ages to leave lol x