Guest Cancellation - Alice Krige

showmasters

Thats a shame for the glasgow fans I would be pretty gutted. But I cant make this show so hopefully Im hoping they will ask her to attend Collectormania London.

Let's hope so, I also missed her last time at MK as she was supposed to go on Sat and Sun, and only went Friday :D

No Al hasn't cancelled.

This is what the facebook says:

NEW GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS-

Al Davison - Comic Artist

CANCELLATION

Alice Krige - Borg Queen - Star Trek: First Contact/Morgana Le Fay - The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Al isn't in the cancellation section so no fear.

I feel a bit sorry for people who have cancelled coming up because one guest can't make it due to work. You could still have a good time meeting new people, and it's not Showmasters fault.

Looking forward to this weekend :WINCE:

• Moderators

I don't believe so. It just looks a bit weird unless you click on 'see more' on one update at least.

96120762.png

I know some have been confused because it looks like that unless you click for the rest of the info?

Edited by DavidB

Was half expecting Alice to cancel, sometimes you just 'know' it's going to happen. Wish I was accurate with my sports predictions, would make a fortune!!!

Shame she can't make it.

Maybe she would be able to go to Warp 10, that would cover the film era ?

Edited by TonytheCylon

Could I ask you to clarify why, if you only found out yesterday that she was not to be coming, does today's Daily Record advertisement not make any mention of her ?

Given your response about radio deadlines when asked why the radio advert did not mention Chris Barrie, surely newspapers also have print deadlines for advertising which suggests that you might have known about this some time ago.

• Moderators

It's possible they'd been working on Joe for a lot longer. To be honest, that's not the kind of information we're given.

Just as an example - in the Autographica section today, they've stated that a new guest appearing on a flyer being given out at Glasgow has actually cancelled already.

So things do change a lot, and there are various time scales at work, negotiations and presumed 'finalising' etc. Sometimes they have to take a shot at putting someone on, even if it's not 100% done at the time, because they assume it will be by the time they go out.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame, she is a lovely guest when she turns up.

Also if Susannah Thompson did put in an appearance there are no words for how gutted i would be as a fan of Trill. Lenara Khan <3 :YAHOO: