This is Disappointing

Hey guys,

I'm not here to shout at SM or criticise them, but I just wanted to put in my two cents.

Let's be honest - the guest lineup as of just now is pretty poor. I'm only meeting 4 guests at the moment and to be honest, my excitement for Collectormania Glasgow this year had kind of fallen by the wayside.

LFCC was huge this year, and I appreciate that, but it's been done for almost two weeks now, so shouldn't SM be concentrating their efforts on their next event? The last guest announcements were 22 days ago. That is very disappointing. Many people on this forum have said that Glasgow has been ignored this year, and I was always ready to correct them and defend Showmasters, but I am now inclined to agree with them.

Please, Showmasters, announce some more guests! It's less than one month to go, and I'm considering just not turning up if the lineup doesn't improve by then. I always support Showmasters' events and give a lot of cash to them for guests, entry tickets, travel etc., and I know that a lot of people are the same. So please, Showmasters, give us something back and put on a half-decent show for Glasgow.

If this sounds moany, (it probably did), then I'm sorry because that wasn't my intention, but I was just pointing something out which everyone else was probably thinking.

• Moderators

As frustrating as it can be, just because there's only 4 guests for you, it doesn't mean that the lineup is 'poor' overall. It just means it is for you, and maybe some other people. It all depends on what you're into etc.

There's not going to be loads more added, if any, as it's pretty much on a level with previous events. It's a shame if there's not many for you, of course it is, but I've got friends that are meeting 9-10 at the event so it all balances out. Sometimes there won't be much for you here but will be at another event.

In fact, usually 4 guests would be a good amount for me personally! I've only ever met more than 5 at maybe 1 or 2 events and that includes the latest LFCC just because there were so many. It's all down to personal preference, how many you expect to meet etc. Some only go for one or two guests. We're all different..

However, it won't help to be asking for guests. If SM want to add more or can add more then they will. There's always going to be various factors involved.

Hopefully you'll still enjoy the event regardless :)

• Like 1