Billy Dee Williams

Billy Dee Williams….

I've never met somebody so rude, he didn't even look at me once, or say one word, let alone acknowledge me, and to make it worse… I went to shake his hand after he signed my poster, and he blanked and ignored me. I was SO excited to meet him, I was recently going to drive up from Cardiff to Milton Keynes to see him, I'm very glad I didn't… I'm glad he signed my poster still, as it wouldn't be right without him, but i just need to forget this experience as I don't want any hate for one of my favourite movie trilogies of all time.

Although his son Corey Dee Williams was really friendly and commented on how he liked my poster.

I just wish this didn't happen!

I don't understand why he was like this… I was totally being nice to him and he didn't even look at me… I guess I just caught him at a bad time :(

Was like this with me too, but then again I met him just before he was due to go on lunch I think so I will let him off. Think I would be moody just before lunch in there! haha

Could have been a one off. He seemed alright with me but he wasn't the most excitable of guests.

A similar thing happened at Ian McDiarmid's table, the guy just ahead of me got something signed and went to shake Ian's hand but Ian went to move on to the next person, but when it was my turn I had a fairly lengthy chat and two handshakes.

I know it's not nice when those things happen, but just saying that maybe that kind of thing happened with Billy Dee.

He was great with me but a bit out if it when I first met him. I was the first to get a signature AFTER his lunch. I think a mixture of the temperature, the last day of a crazy weekend, possible her lag, his age (late 70's after all) and running around to photos and autographs made him that way.

He still smiled and exchanged pleasantries with me followed by a fist bump afterwards. So I had a good experience with him.

His agent on the other hand? He was a (insert expletive that means not a very nice person) rude man.

It's always hard when the experience doesn't always live up to the thought in your head but maybe it was that dude. Hope you still had a great time : )

Billy Dee Williams….

I've never met somebody so rude, he didn't even look at me once, or say one word, let alone acknowledge me, and to make it worse… I went to shake his hand after he signed my poster, and he blanked and ignored me. I was SO excited to meet him, I was recently going to drive up from Cardiff to Milton Keynes to see him, I'm very glad I didn't… I'm glad he signed my poster still, as it wouldn't be right without him, but i just need to forget this experience as I don't want any hate for one of my favourite movie trilogies of all time.

Although his son Corey Dee Williams was really friendly and commented on how he liked my poster.

I just wish this didn't happen!

Sadly I think this might just be a Billy trait. I drove a 200 hundred mile round trip to Milton Keynes just to get his autograph and had an identical experience to yours. Pleased to get his autograph but on my list of memorable guests for the wrong reason.

I'll add another to the list of people "not impressed".

I don't expect anything more than courtesy, and that doesn't even include a handshake.

What I got was: head down and no words when I greeted him or thanked him. The experience was a bit ignorant sadly. Glad I met him for his auto but on my all worst guests I've met list for sure.

He was ok when I met him on Saturday, he said hello and goodbye and I shook his hand which was all I wanted really as I'm not great at starting a conversation and had too much else to do as well.

His agent was a bit of a tool though, very abrupt.

I have to admit he was the only "rude" guest I met. During the photoshoot he wouldn't look at you *at all*. He wouldn't even say "hi". I got asked by some other attendees if I had had such a bad experience with anyone else, and I say that no. Very disappointing. After all, a photo is only as good a memento as it brings you back the (however brief) memories from the time it was taken. Mine with Mr. Williams, I've thrown it away.

I met billy de last year i think, in Sweden. Didn't say that much then either. But i only wanted his autograph so was fine by me. :)

Ian on the other hand, met him on Sunday, and he was a real hoot. I asked him to sign my star wars bluray with the old movies with his name and -emperor- and then he said 'guess you want the same thing on the other one to?' To which i replied 'no, actuallt i want you to sign it with your name and -darth sidious- since you werent known as the emperor yet.' 'Fair enough' he replied and smiled. :) even shaked my hand when i got up to him and asked how my day was. Way more than i was expecting to get out of it. :)

I've kinda noticed when i don't start the conversation they often start talking to me. :)

Billy Dee Williams isn't the most engaging of guests, but I've never taken it personally over the 3 times we've met. I think also, one of the previous posts hit the nail on the head with the mention of his age / heat / jet-lag etc.

I was getting a photo of Lando and the DVD of Nighthawks signed - the agent passed the cover over first and said "don't write Lando on this one" while holding out my name for him to personalise it. He wrote just his name, to which the agent said "no that's not right" and emphasised the slip of paper with my name. Billy seemed genuinely dazed and confused for 5 - 10 seconds before personalising it. I'm wondering if he was having a hard time over the weekend, and perhaps this is why he is (as far as I know) not in the new Star Wars?

Having said that, he did shake my hand twice when I offered it, and said thank you afterwards. I asked his agent about taking a photo and he said it would be fine if I stepped back and took one of him. I was about to do this while he was signing my second item, but was surprised when he actually took his shades off and smiled for my pic.

As I've said, he's not the most interactive person, but some people are just like that, and age contributes sometimes too. But having met guests who were rude to me, I have no problems at all with guests who just aren't too interactive. It's not great, but I don't take it personally.

Having said that, I am sorry that some people did feel that he was rude.

• Like 1

He was one of the guests I was most looking forward to because I grew up with 1989 Batman but I just felt too uncomfortable to say anything.

I met him Sunday afternoon and as others say he did seem uninterested and distant. But, I do agree with what others have said, it was a long weekend and he had just gotten back from his photoshoot I think. He also started to spell my name wrong but the lady sat with him corrected him. She was lovely, very chatty and she commented that it was the first time she'd seen the Harvey Dent photo I'd picked.

not sure what day you meet Billy on but when i saw him on saturday he appeared to be non responsive, almost as if he was on some kind of strong medication... he just appeared to be out of it...don't want to use the term "drugged up" but he didnt seem with it at all.

Billy is the only guest I have ever met that I regret meeting. It was a couple of years ago and I found him to be completely non responsive then. Didn;t look up, didn't acknowledge me in any way and only grunted when I tried to make conversation (I honestly only wanted a quick hello and I would have been happy - I wasn't asking for any more than that). I put it down to age, or jet lag, but from reading what people have said here maybe that's just how he is. He also wrote 'Lando' on the DVD cover I passed across for signing - the DVD wasn't even Star Wars, so it kind of ruined that. Honestly regret ever having paid for an auto from him.

• Like 1

Well, during the photoshoots I saw all the people behind me and those after me pose next to him, offer him to shake hands and saying "hi" and he simply kept staring at the camera, a nice smile on his face. But his mouth didn't move, and a lot of people left with puzzled faces. He did not look ill nor particularly tired; in fact, he looks nice in the picture, but he was like a wax figure.

I suppose that saying "hi" or "thanks", even if you do not fancy looking at the people who has paid to have a picture with you, is the least you could do. BTW, this happened on Saturday, at the beginning of the session.

Corey Dee asked me for change of a tenner outside the event at around 8pm on Saturday, (just after we exited the awful Stan Lee awards). I swear... he was with two other people and heading to the Earl's Court subway. He seemed really nice.

• Like 1

haven't had a problem really. Some guys are just more reserved than others. He was first really quiet and did sign only but when I started a question he began very nice to answer my question. I came over with my "Dynasty" DVD Cover and he said I was the only one who came with a Dynasty DVD Cover and he found it very interesting.

Sure, he didn't talk really lot like Casper Van Dien or David Hewlett did. But they are several years younger. Billy is 77 (so far I remember).

I found him nice at the photoshooting too. Hi said: Hi, how are you?

I mean..what else should he do or say? Everything has to go fast.

Even Miss Helen Slater didn't talk lot. By far less as Billy. Except of those who had a long line like Stan Lee and Carrie Fisher (where we all haven't had a chance to talk) I found Tom Skerrit a couple years ago terrible and also Tom Sizemore didn't make a notice. That guy was more interested to talk with others behind the table than with fans. Maybe I just got a bad time ???

the most interesting chat I ever had was with Tricia O'Neil, Glenn Morshower, Michael Ensign, Jeremy Jackson and Joan Van Ark and Joan Collins.

Miss Collins noticed that I do wear a Tuxedo for the photo and said: oh hello... how are you? You looks really beautiful and answer very nice also my question while signing my things.

:thumbup:

How cool was that?

Edited by Swissangel4616

He seemed to me to be very tired when I met him on Sunday the guy in the suit next to him was a bit pushy but I found Billy Dee to be really nice, he engaged in convocation and said hello thanks for coming then when I handed the item over he said "hello what have we here" which I found funny he singed it and forgot to personalise just before he finished his sig he went "whoops ha ha" and put my name on it. Didn't shake hands but I said thank you and good bye and he said no, thank you have a nice day and looked up with a grin :) so not a bad experience for me really. He just seemed tired

• Like 1