How About A Cool Announcement For Star Wars Day?

I bet they get this every year! I wouldn't get your hopes up. Guests are announced when they can be after contracts are signed etc. Although SM might have saved one, chances that a Star Wars guest has signed up recently are fairly small.

I hope so, but Showmasters like to have announcements about announcements lol. There's often a heads-up that "We're making a big announcement tonight/next week", but nothing this time around. So if anything, I'm expecting a couple of standard guest announcements.

I hope so, but Showmasters like to have announcements about announcements lol. There's often a heads-up that "We're making a big announcement tonight/next week", but nothing this time around. So if anything, I'm expecting a couple of standard guest announcements.

I see where you're coming from, but last year Carrie Fisher was announced without any warning of an announcement! So, you never know...

• Like 1

Strange I count more star wars guests so far then BTTF??? Must find my calculator to check :poki:

You've announced some HUGE BTTF guests, but TESB has only extremely minor characters (not including Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch & Kenny Baker who ALWAYS attend EVERY con) and most are non-speaking parts.

Quantity does NOT trump QUALITY if you're making special annIversary announcements! No calculator needed.

• Like 1

Strange I count more star wars guests so far then BTTF??? Must find my calculator to check :poki:

I just noticed that this was from an official SM account. Is this really the official SM line on the matter?

"We've filled the con with a bunch of ESB people who you've never heard of, or who attend every con under the sun therefore we've fulfilled our obligations" ??

Now I understand that you made no specific promises when you announced that LFCC would be celebrating 35 years of ESB but the common expectation is that you would have at least ONE big name.

I'd much rather see SM saying stuff like "There's still plenty of time" rather than "We just shipped in a cargo container of ESB extras, job done".

• Like 3

You've announced some HUGE BTTF guests, but TESB has only extremely minor characters (not including Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch & Kenny Baker who ALWAYS attend EVERY con) and most are non-speaking parts.

Quantity does NOT trump QUALITY if you're making special annIversary announcements! No calculator needed.

While I agree with what you're saying the extras are what made Star Wars. It would've been a very short movie with out stormtroopers etc. but definitely need at least one Star Wars headliner. But that doesn't have to be a diamond level guest. Edited by Gmorris2504
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I just noticed that this was from an official SM account. Is this really the official SM line on the matter?

"We've filled the con with a bunch of ESB people who you've never heard of, or who attend every con under the sun therefore we've fulfilled our obligations" ??

Now I understand that you made no specific promises when you announced that LFCC would be celebrating 35 years of ESB but the common expectation is that you would have at least ONE big name.

I'd much rather see SM saying stuff like "There's still plenty of time" rather than "We just shipped in a cargo container of ESB extras, job done".

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. I'm just commenting that there are more star wars guests then BTTF. There are indeed 2 months to go. My main interest is Star Wars so just like you I would love to see JEJ, OZ, Hamill etc. John Ratz and Ray Hassett are both 1st timers here in the UK. Personally I've always missed shows that Milton Johns has done so that is a good one for me. Just give the team some time, they have 2 shows to work on as well as LFCC and does SM ever do events lacking Star Wars guests recently. I think cardiff had 9 star wars guests, Newcastle had 12 and manchester has 10 so far. Not bad if you started a poster this year.