Getting to the Metropole

Piskie

Honestly its kind of a let down for me that the parties are not at the convention venue - the downside of not having a congress hotel. As I have my hotel in Birmingham center I will likely skip the parties that are not inside one of the NEC halls as I don't know how connections from party location to New Street are at late evenings.

• Like 1

Don't let that stop you. he trains run until 1am, fairly frequently. The hotel is very close tot he NEC, about a 5 min walk out of the halls. The lady i emailed gave me directions and was very helpful.

Really? Are you sure about those times? When I checked the national rail enquiries site it was saying the last train back into town on Saturday was at 23:49.

I have bought a ticket for the party then, even though I'm staying in the city centre (I want to see the "rat pack" and soak up a bit of the atmosphere)

I'd more or less resigned myself to the idea that I'd have to leave early though.

If you know of any later trains that'd be great!

Edited by Four Lights

There is a bus numbered the 97A that runs back into town 24/7 from the NEC.

My partner doesn't fancy the idea of sitting on it for 45 minutes though (which is how long the timetable says it takes) otherwise I could of done that.

That might be another option for people who can put up with the long journey time.

Edited by Four Lights

Same here looked and the last train 11.49pm or 8amish. Unless some of us got together and taxi back depending what that might cost.

I'm willing. I've bought tickets for BOTH parties and it would probably be better to split a cab with a few folks headed back to New Street.