10 replies to this topic

#1 leoric

leoric

Animator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

I would like to hear what everyone thought of the convention today? I really enjoyed the guests that where there today. Jim duggan was awesome, bob elmore and andrew Rothenberg where really nice to talk to. There was alot of space and you could walk around easily and seemed really laid back. I think there is sooo much space to do more and even though the guests today where brilliant there could of been more there. Previous events in belfast there has been 26/30 guests there was 9 today. I understand its all about availability but even showmasters said last year they wanted to make this one far bigger and better

#2 wjbleming

wjbleming

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:07 AM

I enjoyed myself yesterday. Met Bob Elmore, Bai Ling and Rakie Ayola, who were all beyond nice! Great chat with Bob, he's been in Belfast for a few days and enjoying the sights and a lovely chat with Rakie on how she got together with her now husband in Belfast!

Managed to bag myself a Tom Baker autograph with a print, completing my calssic Doctors autographs! :dance: (For those that are still with us)

The only criticism I have/noticed is that the cancellations weren't publicised enough outside of the forum. As far as I know there was no announcements that Gozer, Clare Higgins (for Saturday. I think Sarah Douglas' cancellation was announced if I remember right) and Sam Coleman (for Sunday) had cancelled on social media and have seen a post or 2 on FB about that. There was also fewer stalls this time, but I suppose that can't be helped really. :smile:

Apart from that, really enjoyed the convention and looking forward to Belfast 2018! (And LFCC2017 ;))

Edited by wjbleming, 12 March 2017 - 09:24 AM.

"I've seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall"

Have attended: BelfastFCC2014, BelfastFCC2015, BelfastFCC2016, LFCC2016, BelfastFCC2017

Hoping to attend: LFCC2017, BelfastFCC2018

#3 Law-dono

Law-dono

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

Me and my friends enjoyed ourselves, however we agreed there were less stalls than previous years and that because none of the guests interested us we sorta ran out of things to do. On the up side however I did manage to pick up some Flash comics and some nice Star Trek and Doctor Who posters. But roll on London and roll on Belfast 2018 woop woop :)

Edited by Law-dono, 13 March 2017 - 03:36 PM.

Con's attended/attending: BFCC 2014, BFCC 2015, BFCC 2016, BFCC 2017 AND LFCC 2017.

#4 Hanklily

Hanklily

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

I had a great day at the comic con, met hacksaw Jim duggan and had him sign my wrestlemania book... had photo shoots with bai ling, Annette tierney and Camille coduri..... (disappointed that Sam Coleman cancelled)I hope that with hacksaw being busy for autographs this means that we will have wrestlers at future events... such a gent (I already had a photo shoot with him at Glasgow 2015)... looking forward to my next event in may with my son in London followed by collectormania in June then lfcc in July... thank u showmasters. X

#5 XIII

XIII

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

I wasnt sure what to expect for this event given its small stature and bad rep it was getting before hand due to guests dropping out. 

But I was pleasntly surprised. rocked up just after 11am and was in within minutes, nice job! The venue while small, was actually quite nice and about the right size for the event. The Bai Ling talk was really good and interesting, I had no idea she couldnt speak English till very recently, it never showed in earlier movies and you could easily be fooled into thinking she was fluent in English. 

But the standout was Rakie Ayola, she was so lovely and didnt shy away from just straight up hugging people in the photo shoots. I then spent about 10 mins chatting with her about the area I came from and her memories of the place. She too was disapointed Dredd didnt get a sequel, but also knew that the movie didnt stand a chance due to the age rating and no marketing. 

The stalls were a nice selection, bagged some graphic novels and was so glad I only had hand luggage for the flight so it prevented me from buying anything major XD

I will say, there was a tad too many custom lego figures on sale, at least 4 stalls had them. But other than that, it was a nice selection, better than I have seem at some other cons. 

The guy who dressed up as a wookie gets top marks, so happy just to let people walk up and grab a photo 

I would consider attending this event again in the future as it was a nice long weekend away for me and I ate so much good food in the local area. 

#6 wjbleming

wjbleming

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

Glad you enjoyed your time over here, XIII. Hope you do get back next time! :smile: Probably had you standing behind me in Rakie's photoshoot queue on Saturday or walking past me during the day, never dawned on me to look around! lol

Have attended: BelfastFCC2014, BelfastFCC2015, BelfastFCC2016, LFCC2016, BelfastFCC2017

#7 XIII

XIII

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

I was the one in the light grey top, I think I did see you while you were digging out your ticket print out.

I'd quite happily come back over for Yardbird and Bootleggers.

#8 wjbleming

wjbleming

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:04 PM

That's right! You were standing right in front of me! Head like a sieve, didn't recognise you there, sorry!

#9 XIII

XIII

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

To be fair, my profile pic doesn't do me justice anymore since I've lost a ton of weight since last lfcc, should probably update it

#10 fastandloud

fastandloud

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

Glad I went to the event on Sat. Picked up some nice items at the stalls and met the lovely Bai Ling.

#11 wjbleming

wjbleming

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

http://showmasters.p...0000K0vYy1N3r1o

Photo gallery is now up! (I'm assuming it's currently unfinished when all of Saturday's shoots aren't up yet.)

Edited by wjbleming, Today, 05:48 PM.

• Law-dono likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users