An audience with the cast of Twilight Sunday 19th July 2009

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter won't be doing a free talk.

I'm quite surprised that he's doing a "charged for talk" - is he really that important a guest to justify one? I thought Twilight was the only fandom he covered or is the fact it's "charged for" more of a case that there are so many Twilight fans that they have to charge in order to control the numbers in the audience?

No disrespect to him or his fans but I'm wondering just is the price to control the numbers (cos Twilight is so popular) or is it simply charged for cos he can?

Edited by nicky

I'm quite surprised that he's doing a "charged for talk" - is he really that important a guest to justify one? I thought Twilight was the only fandom he covered or is the fact it's "charged for" more of a case that there are so many Twilight fans that they have to charge in order to control the numbers in the audience?

Even with him being "one fandom only" Peter is going to be a very popular guest. Personally I think he's going to have the biggest queues after Scott Bakula. Twilight is just very much in demand at the moment.

So yes, in my opinion he is popular enough to justify one.

• Moderators

Absolutely he'll be popular enough to justify it. I don't think there's any question about that.

But I think he's being sold a bit short - yes, he's of course going to draw in the crowds for Twilight mainly, but he has a very impressive resumé before that. It's really not like he's not had a career before it, and plenty of the fans he has gained through Twilight are now fully aware of those roles too.

Peter won't be doing a free talk.

No disrespect to him or his fans but I'm wondering just is the price to control the numbers (cos Twilight is so popular) or is it simply charged for cos he can?

Peter has been acting for over 10 years! yes he is currently well known for Twilight but he has done alot of other sucessful movies/ tv shows.

Love Sucks, Can't Hardly Wait, The Big Kahuna, Supernova, Riding in cars with boys, Hollow Man 2, Scorpion King, Fastlane, Damages, Six Feet Under etc etc .. ..

i'm sure there are lot of non Twilight fans who would like to meet him! i went to ET just to meet Peter. because i am a Peter fan, not because I'm a Twilight fan. I am a Twilight fan now.. because of him.

Edited by katie101

You already know the answer to that Nicky! :help: Teenage girls are a powerful (albeit fleeting) economic force. We'll know when he comes on stage from the sudden screaming that will be audible across the hall. I hope SM have organized St. Johns ambulance to have a presence to deal with the inevitable faintings?

I had a flick through the book recently (a friends daughter is a rabid fan), and I have to say I came away with the irony that whilst the book appears to be about 'being good inside despite your outward appearance', it would carry more weight if half the pages weren't devoted to lengthy explanations of how gorgeous the main fella is. I guess it's all about the target audience, but it would be nice to see a book aimed at teenage girls that didn't force the message that goodness comes as part of a package deal with looking like a greek god.

Edited by MikeDonovan

Mike - by 'the book', I am presuming you mean the first one... there are 4 & Peter's character features in all 4 books, soon to be 4 movies.

The reason there was such a lengthy time spent on describing 'how gorgeous the main fella is' :( is because it was from Bella's point of view... you got to witness what she was seeing for the first time. Don't tell me that you have never been so struck by someone that you haven't rattled on about it to anyone that would listen, because I know I have. :P

And this isn't meant as an insult, but 'having a flick through' only gives you a very small scope on the book or the series in it's entirety. :help:

Back on the topic of the thread, I am sure Peter's talk will be very popular with Twilight fans & non-Twilight fans alike. :uhoh:

I loved Peter in Can't Hardly Wait, Mike Dexter is an amazing character (though a bit of an ass, lol) & I have every episode of his Fastlane series. :dance:

Mike - by 'the book', I am presuming you mean the first one... there are 4 & Peter's character features in all 4 books, soon to be 4 movies.

The reason there was such a lengthy time spent on describing 'how gorgeous the main fella is' :D is because it was from Bella's point of view... you got to witness what she was seeing for the first time. Don't tell me that you have never been so struck by someone that you haven't rattled on about it to anyone that would listen, because I know I have. :wub:

And this isn't meant as an insult, but 'having a flick through' only gives you a very small scope on the book or the series in it's entirety. :YAHOO:

Yes, I mean the first one, and I do take your point. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to see a book featuring a girl falling in love with a little fat spotty kid for once ;)

Yes, I mean the first one, and I do take your point. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to see a book featuring a girl falling in love with a little fat spotty kid for once ;)

No worries, that happens in the 2nd book when Bella falls for Jacob... *waits for the backlash from Team Jacob fans* :YAHOO:

KIDDING!!! :wub:;):D

No worries, that happens in the 2nd book when Bella falls for Jacob... *waits for the backlash from Team Jacob fans* :YAHOO:

KIDDING!!! :wub:;):D

HAHA!!! Harsh but so true!! *hides behind you when the backlash comes* :D

Yes, I mean the first one, and I do take your point. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to see a book featuring a girl falling in love with a little fat spotty kid for once :D

No worries, that happens in the 2nd book when Bella falls for Jacob... *waits for the backlash from Team Jacob fans* :wub:

KIDDING!!! ;):D;)

LMAO yes.. someone else who agrees :YAHOO:

*hiding also*

Yes, I mean the first one, and I do take your point. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to see a book featuring a girl falling in love with a little fat spotty kid for once :(

KIDDING!!! :D:D:D

Haha agreed!

*goes into hiding*