Autographica and its guests

timelord81r

Hi showmasters,

please can you re arrange the guests to other shows?

its a shame this event has been moved around so much and now indefinitely canceled, i hope it can return and if not be part (or at least the type of guests it had) of other SM events

• Like 1

Since the diamond prices came in, the difference between Autographica level of guest and Comic Con guest doesn't seem so apparent anyway

Perhaps now they use the NEC, in future years a solution might be to do the more civilised Autographica side of things in the hotel, the same weekend as Collectomania is over the road. Or even in one of the smaller rooms in the NEC itself.

Since the diamond prices came in, the difference between Autographica level of guest and Comic Con guest doesn't seem so apparent anyway

Perhaps now they use the NEC, in future years a solution might be to do the more civilised Autographica side of things in the hotel, the same weekend as Collectomania is over the road. Or even in one of the smaller rooms in the NEC itself.

Nice idea. Combining Autographica with other events might be a more feasible business model. Much the same way the stand alone Sportsmania event has been combined with Collectormania.

Whatever the future look of Autographica is I hope SM manage to keep the atmosphere that is a hallmark of this much loved event.

Edited by 18blue78

Hello,

Also I have always looked back on the website of "Autographica" and was disappointed that no new guests were added there. This development worried me and my apprehension is proved, the show was canceled. What a pity. "Autographica" is the best show I know in Europe and I have had memorable moments with astronauts, cosmonauts and film actors during my visits to the show in London. I hope very much that "Autographica" will return.

Best

Helmut

Hi showmaster,s / Dave

Its sad to hear that the event has been canceled/ postponed, as I have loved attending them for the past 5 or 6 years, I have loved the type of unusual guests that you have had i.e. Astronauts, Pilots ,James Bond etc. and would love to see more at any future events, the laid back atmosphere at these events has been great and very appealing, I understand about the level of guests though, personally I would be prepared to put my hand in my pocket a bit deeper if you were to somehow get some more eye catching names,

I know organising these events and the guests cost money, but I would be prepared to pay more for the right guests, obviously some of the remaining Apollo guests that you have not had before are sort after but the chances of you getting them are very remote unless you focus an event around them , it then might become more appealing to them to come over?

Tim Peake would be a great one if you can get him,

Please don't give up on the event as I have loved them and so have loads of other people.

Does any one know if the Blackbird pilots attend any other events in the U K???

It can't be posted Ruskyb, even if someone does know I'm afraid - other companies events cannot be posted or discussed on here as per the forum rules.

It can't be posted Ruskyb, even if someone does know I'm afraid - other companies events cannot be posted or discussed on here as per the forum rules.
I don't think it breaks the forum rules to say no there are no other events in the UK where you'd find Blackbird piolts.

That's one of the many reasons Autographica is such a special event.