so come on...come clean whos done this

dijon1322

Funnily enough, I only ever got really star struck once - and that was Erin Grey. We had a quick chat, she was really friendly, and then I asked for a photo, and she got up, I gave my camera to a crew member, and she put her arms around me :D

I seriously fancied her as a kid, and I can remember very clearly thinking at the time "oh my god, this is Wilma Deering!!!" :wub: Was definitely the most memorable SM experience for me!

Tell me about it, im normally quite conversant with people but i guess i get worked up in the queue. James marsters i had no problem chatting to (fantastic fella by the way but you all know that lol), but when it comes to doctor who cast i just clam up (guess its 20 odd years of anticipation). Sylvester McCoy must have thought i was a blathering idiot, the only reason i chatted to Peter Davison was cause we were both moaning about a previous venue and i completely clammed up in front of Nick Courtney. The only person i can talk to freely is The Colin Baker cause iv seen him so many damn times he recognizes me now haha.

Strangely enough, at a previous con the one person i wasn't really bothered about meeting (Richard Franklin) was the one person i actually had an intelligent conversation with. I guess meeting your heroes can put the strain on you

Yes, I have had a few experiences like that. The worst was Michael Ironside - I am a massive fan and having carefully rehearsed what I was going to say, promptly turned into a quivering jelly the moment he spoke and he was being so nice and trying to talk to me (even though he'd been up to his ears in signings) and I had nothing. Oh, the shame. He put his arm round me for a posed photo, though, which was great. *beams*

Also blanked when I got to meet Lance Henriksen, which was a shame as I love so much of his stuff. I had to settle for giving him the biggest I'm-so-happy-to-meet-you grin I could manage and he gave me a lovely smile in return. Awwwww.

It's probably better when I don't talk, actually. Sometimes it gets to the point where the person in question is starting to look a little nervous, you know? :D

I'm the opposite, I think I talk TOO much to them sometimes. :o

But it's alright, I don't think they're too scared. Yet. And I'm talking about guests that have pretty open queues, like when I just stood there with Oliver Phelps for nearly an hour. :lol: