i could see but now im blind

mr fagan

My eyes were working before July the 19th but now they dont as work as well as they used to as they were constantly flashed by peoples cameras every 2 sodding mins. If you want photos GO TO A FECKING PHOTOSHOOT!!!!!! And what about peoples privacy? i thought permission had to be sought before you were snapped or filmed? and just how many photos of THE SAME guest do you actually need? safe to say there were some right fecking vegetables at the show and it really started to **** me off (but only slighty mind) it was a real eye opener i dont mind telling you.

Why would permission be needed for people's personal photos? If they were going to be published somewhere then fair enough.

Stop being a grouch, taking photos is part of the whole experience, and not everyone can afford a photoshoot, and not every guest did one.

My eyes were working before July the 19th but now they dont as work as well as they used to as they were constantly flashed by peoples cameras every 2 sodding mins. If you want photos GO TO A FECKING PHOTOSHOOT!!!!!!

You said in your other thread that YOU got your wife to take pics of you and the guest at the desk so YOU could avoid a photoshoot. SO WHICH THREAD DO YOU WANT US TO BELIEVE?

Newsflash: where film stars are appearing in public and signing autographs, people are sure to take photos...with a flash. Be warned.

Edited by nicky

My eyes were working before July the 19th but now they dont as work as well as they used to as they were constantly flashed by peoples cameras every 2 sodding mins. If you want photos GO TO A FECKING PHOTOSHOOT!!!!!!

You said in your other thread that YOU got your wife to take pics of you and the guest at the desk so YOU could avoid a photoshoot. SO WHICH THREAD DO YOU WANT US TO BELIEVE?

Newsflash: where film stars are appearing in public and signing autographs, people are sure to take photos...with a flash. Be warned.

We use a digital camera and it doesnt take 2 secs to take one with a guest. And at least the guest is there at the table rather than being elsewhere at the venue.

First you have no rights over your own image in public. Second, what is the matter with you?? Have you got anything positive to say about anything?

Seems to me there are some "right fecking vegetables" on this forum at the moment...

Well i was actually refering to the people at the show NOT ON the forum and also, nothing is the matter with me i am just excercising my freedom of speech.

First you have no rights over your own image in public. Second, what is the matter with you?? Have you got anything positive to say about anything?

Seems to me there are some "right fecking vegetables" on this forum at the moment...

Well i was actually refering to the people at the show NOT ON the forum and also, nothing is the matter with me i am just excercising my freedom of speech.

You clearly missed the thrust of my comment. My reiteration of your quote was intended to convey that, just as you have dismissed "most" of the people at the con as "fecking vegetables", I implied that, given the asinine nature of your comments, this could also be said about you. The fact that I have to explain this is evidence in itself.

As you say, just exercising my "freedom of speech".

So Patrick Stuart wasnt allowing handshakes? and considering you had to pay to go to his talk pay for his photoshoot AND pay for his autograph that makes meeting him (albeit breifly) very expensive. Im suprised we didnt have to roll up to meet him in a plastic ball in case any infectious germs appear. Now before anyone starts i am all too aware of the fact that the organisers get major funding from the photshoots AND talks, but its a right pain in the spam when a guest first appears on the day(s) in question sits down for about half an hr then buggers off to a talk then goes STRAIGHT to a photoshoot then to cap it all off goes to lunch. :P Is there anyway of having guests to appear and ... wait for it.... sit down and sign autographs? :D i mean that wouldnt be too much to ask would it? i managed to get 18 people on Sat and on sunday i only wanted 4 but because of the talks and photoshoots and lunch etc i had to be there all day. FOR JUST 4 PEOPLE? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT? :huh: In my opinion the talks are for people that dont know much about that particular guest (and these people are fans?) and as to a photoshoot is there really that much difference between that and having a pic done when you actually meet them? as my wife takes a pic when they are actually signing the item, which to me is so much more worthwhile than standing right next to the guest on a backdrop. Once upon a time the photoshoot and then the talks were a BONUS to meeting them and getting an autograph but now it seems to be a case of IF you get an autograph THAT IS THE BONUS as the shows cater for people who only want to go to the talks and photoshoots :WINCE: With shows like autographica you can now go to photoshootica and talkitca or have shows that dont allow any signings at all :angry which if we start going down that road it makes me wonder why we bother in the first place.

Tony - so it's ok for your wife to take a photo of the guest signing (as you made clear you do in the above thread you started), but for anyone else we should all go to a feckin photoshoot? Isn't that slightly idiotic. Why do you have the right to take a photo but no-one else does??

I think you're just trying to wind people up - get a life.

Oh, and in terms of vegetables - I think you're probably a cabbage.

Edited by keithporter23

Well i was actually refering to the people at the show NOT ON the forum

Uh, you do realise this is a forum for people who go to the show, right? As in the majority of us were at the show and therefore you are referring to us?

And btw, what is ur post actually about? Why should other people's flash bother you- were they taking photos of YOU... were you in cosplay? People have as much right to take photos as you do so don't be so selfish.

Theres always 1 who thinks they're better than the rest of us!! :rolleyes:

Exercise your freedom of speech elsewhere then, or try to learn the meaning of the word consistency, numnuts!

On one thread, as posted above, you gloat how lil missy(poor kid) takes your photos with the guests thus eliminating the need to do photoshoots, thus exercising your alleged freedom to snap away. The next you're complaining about other folks using THEIR freedom to take photos.

Ooooh we use a digital and it doesn't take 2 secs, and its at the table so at least the guest isn't elsewhere.... oooooh I bet 99% of those folks taking snaps were also using digital. Bully for you big boi! Bet the shot still looked like s*** if you only needed 2 secs to frame and get response/pose from the guest.. Btw what did you use to lose any shine off Patrick Stewart?

doom fooker!

I was referring to the people who were pushing past the queues just to take photos, and not just one but several of the same person!! Actually the photos we took were very good, and I didn't need to get Patrick Stewart as I've met him before and got a very nice photo with him as well! My photos didn't involve other members of the public, and I didn't push forward to get any photos, and I only took 1 photo of each guest! (didn't need any more as photo was ;) )

What the hell is this all about !!!! And where the hell did you get the notion Patrick Stewart was doing a photoshoot ? And how many people did the flash off YOUR camera p*** off ? It works both ways my friend. This topic is pointless...

:YAHOO:

So Patrick Stuart wasnt allowing handshakes? and considering you had to pay to go to his talk pay for his photoshoot AND pay for his autograph that makes meeting him (albeit breifly) very expensive. Im suprised we didnt have to roll up to meet him in a plastic ball in case any infectious germs appear. Now before anyone starts i am all too aware of the fact that the organisers get major funding from the photshoots AND talks, but its a right pain in the spam when a guest first appears on the day(s) in question sits down for about half an hr then buggers off to a talk then goes STRAIGHT to a photoshoot then to cap it all off goes to lunch. :chair: Is there anyway of having guests to appear and ... wait for it.... sit down and sign autographs? :blink: i mean that wouldnt be too much to ask would it? i managed to get 18 people on Sat and on sunday i only wanted 4 but because of the talks and photoshoots and lunch etc i had to be there all day. FOR JUST 4 PEOPLE? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT? :huh: In my opinion the talks are for people that dont know much about that particular guest (and these people are fans?) and as to a photoshoot is there really that much difference between that and having a pic done when you actually meet them? as my wife takes a pic when they are actually signing the item, which to me is so much more worthwhile than standing right next to the guest on a backdrop. Once upon a time the photoshoot and then the talks were a BONUS to meeting them and getting an autograph but now it seems to be a case of IF you get an autograph THAT IS THE BONUS as the shows cater for people who only want to go to the talks and photoshoots :WINCE: With shows like autographica you can now go to photoshootica and talkitca or have shows that dont allow any signings at all :angry which if we start going down that road it makes me wonder why we bother in the first place.

Tony - so it's ok for your wife to take a photo of the guest signing (as you made clear you do in the above thread you started), but for anyone else we should all go to a feckin photoshoot? Isn't that slightly idiotic. Why do you have the right to take a photo but no-one else does??

Actually if you could read properly what I'm getting at is the fact you wait 1/2 hour in a queue only to find that the guest is going for photoshoot or talk! Can't they be done at the end of the day or on a different day?

Ps. I have a life - quite a good one actually

What the hell is this all about !!!! And where the hell did you get the notion Patrick Stewart was doing a photoshoot ? And how many people did the flash off YOUR camera p*** off ? It works both ways my friend. This topic is pointless...

Why respond then!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about anyone else, but I always ask a guest's permission before I take a photo - after all, that way they look up and smile if they are willing to be photographed!

Hooray someone else that does the same as me (ask the guests permission before taking a photo!)

:YAHOO:

So Patrick Stuart wasnt allowing handshakes? and considering you had to pay to go to his talk pay for his photoshoot AND pay for his autograph that makes meeting him (albeit breifly) very expensive. Im suprised we didnt have to roll up to meet him in a plastic ball in case any infectious germs appear. Now before anyone starts i am all too aware of the fact that the organisers get major funding from the photshoots AND talks, but its a right pain in the spam when a guest first appears on the day(s) in question sits down for about half an hr then buggers off to a talk then goes STRAIGHT to a photoshoot then to cap it all off goes to lunch. :chair: Is there anyway of having guests to appear and ... wait for it.... sit down and sign autographs? :blink: i mean that wouldnt be too much to ask would it? i managed to get 18 people on Sat and on sunday i only wanted 4 but because of the talks and photoshoots and lunch etc i had to be there all day. FOR JUST 4 PEOPLE? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT? :huh: In my opinion the talks are for people that dont know much about that particular guest (and these people are fans?) and as to a photoshoot is there really that much difference between that and having a pic done when you actually meet them? as my wife takes a pic when they are actually signing the item, which to me is so much more worthwhile than standing right next to the guest on a backdrop. Once upon a time the photoshoot and then the talks were a BONUS to meeting them and getting an autograph but now it seems to be a case of IF you get an autograph THAT IS THE BONUS as the shows cater for people who only want to go to the talks and photoshoots :WINCE: With shows like autographica you can now go to photoshootica and talkitca or have shows that dont allow any signings at all :angry which if we start going down that road it makes me wonder why we bother in the first place.

Actually if you could read properly what I'm getting at is the fact you wait 1/2 hour in a queue only to find that the guest is going for photoshoot or talk! Can't they be done at the end of the day or on a different day?

Ps. I have a life - quite a good one actually

There are notices put up at the end of the queues detailing where a guest is (photo shoot, talk, break etc) They are kept up to date as much as possible, failing that ask one of the crew members

You were talking about Patrick Stewart...who didnt do a photoshoot and who's talk was at the end of the day...your point was what exactly? Stop trying to cause arguements just for the sake of it.

Look Mr 'oooh I got a digital camera David Bailey'. You were talking about Patrick Stewart, and how pissed off you were about folks taking photos of the folks whilst in the queues (like you did, seemingly). Now you add folks pushing through the queues to take photos... which was mentioned where in the original post? Thats down to crew members missing people, and could have been resolved by David Baileys telling Crew Members what was going on? You got a gob on here, why didn't ya use it at the show? Why didn't you try to stop these hit-and-run photographers yourself, or did you go all shy and forget to say anything..

Oh and the reason why the photoshoots/talks were spread across the day, instead of all at the end? To quote Tiberius Kirk, 'Space, the Final Frontier' As a trekkie I thought you'd know that. Only 1 room for talks, and one photographer officiating (and he uses Digital, just like you! WOW!) Also because some folks' lives have interests in more than one show, so it could mean a scheduling conflict if photoshoots from one show/person were timed simultaneously as another show/person's talk.

Simple really, now you can go back under the bridge til more goats try to cross..

Edited by gilgalad70

To quote Tiberius Kirk, 'Space, the Final Frontier' As a trekkie I thought you'd know that.

Oh god, don't use the Trekkie name in vain lol!! Don't want moaners like this classed with me lol ;) I'm all happy with the show, i can't see how people are complaining!!

My eyes were working before July the 19th but now they dont as work as well as they used to as they were constantly flashed by peoples cameras every 2 sodding mins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting that Flash Photography affects your eyes so badly......

And i am sure that you are not the only person who were stood near to camera flashes all day!!

I work in photgraphy and stand either under or near a photography flash almost daily, yet my eyes still work as they should, so maybe you at least should go to an optitions!

OR

Wear sunglasses in these instances................

I took a few photos (not of guests and not always with the flash)

I would have like to assume the quote i left above was said with a fun humour, but the bit that says 'every 2 sodding mins' makes me think that you are serious with your comments.

Perhaps we shouldnt take cameras to these events to please you.

You are lukcy that you are not so badly affected by these flashes that you are unable to attend at all.

I had a great time at this event as i did last year, and do at the collectormanias.......

At least try to see something positive in them

Edited by ARATZAT

I work in photgraphy and stand either under or near a photography flash almost daily, yet my eyes still work as they should, so maybe you at least should go to an optitions!

OR

Perhaps that explains why Rick Yune was wearing his all day? :blink:

Though seeing as he wouldnt let people take photos of himself hmm....

I find half the time in lighting conditions like that my photos tend to come out better without the flash than with! When im getting posed photos at least I try and limit the flash as much as possible.

Wont be long and the PC brigade will be on our case about cameras banning their use without written permission from everyone at the event etc :WAVE:

Though on a more serious note, the PC brigade are getting worse about that now with cameras in public places/with lots of people around.

OR

Perhaps that explains why Rick Yune was wearing his all day? :(

Though seeing as he wouldnt let people take photos of himself hmm....

I find half the time in lighting conditions like that my photos tend to come out better without the flash than with! When im getting posed photos at least I try and limit the flash as much as possible.

Wont be long and the PC brigade will be on our case about cameras banning their use without written permission from everyone at the event etc :P

Though on a more serious note, the PC brigade are getting worse about that now with cameras in public places/with lots of people around.

I think it just going to have to be the case of when i want to take a photo and there several ppl in the way, i will have to shout EXCUSE ME PLEASE, I AM TAKING A PHOTO AND JUST LETTING U KNOW THAT U ARE IN THE WAY, PLEASE MOVE OR U MIGHT END UP IN THE PHOTO.

That would be sad lol

It seems the guest that wore glasses and refused photos knew what we were like lol

I don't know about anyone else, but I always ask a guest's permission before I take a photo - after all, that way they look up and smile if they are willing to be photographed!

I do too while they're signing, but that don't always look up.lol

Look if you go to a show at some point ur gonna get ur photo taken so ur gonna get flashed

if ur in costume then its worse as if its a good one everyone want to take a pic or 2

over 60 pics taken of me on sunday in my SG uniform and Sith gear

and i hate bright light but i get a gussied up in costume and go to these things so i go with the flow