Torchwood - Miracle Day

jacobite2002uk

Ok I keep reading about all these american sci-fi actors they keep adding to the cast, and the more I read the more my heart sinks.

I was so looking to this new series now............

and now an online Torchwood with Eliza Dushka, what next X files Torchwood ?????

Torchwood was ours and special, now it's probably going to be sanitized pap like a lot of american sci-fi.

I love Gwen and Jack And will probably watch at least the first episode.

If I am wrong and it turns out well I'll post here and say I was wrong and give credit where it is due, but, if it turns out pap IMO I'll post that as well.

You can't please everyone so I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

jacobite

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon it wil lbe quite good and am looking forward to it, as long as there isnt loads of british or english bashing that is.

the online thing? UI hate it when they do stuff like this, BSG did that, I never saw them. I dont understand why they are doing an online series, is it a tie in to miricle day? and whats the point? even more to the point lol why get a star like Eliza Dushka and only use her on some crappy online webisode?

I heard a new trailer was released, but I cant find it anywhere, anyone seen it? is this it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSkEe-XKZbY

would be good if they could release some proper trailers. and stop calling it an original series lol, like they came up with the TW idea

Use someone like Eliza so Torchwood doesn't turn into BuffyAngelDollwood. She would take away from the main cast far too much.

really? I dont think so, all depends on her character, they got bill pullman in there amoungst others, although Eliza is beautiful and a talented actor, is she really a bigger star than the other us actors in there so far?

regardless thats like saying you cant have patrick stewart in xmen cos it will be like watcing X trek, lol.

ive not really been keeping upto date with miricle day, are the webisodes short or full length? whats her character in them and how does it relate to the main series, is it a prequel?

I feel like I'm being a really, really bad Torchwood fan for saying this, but I honestly couldn't give a damn about the next series. The way Children of Earth ended was, for me, the perfect ending to what had been three good series, and everything I've heard, read and seen for Miracle Day has only made me dread the series being aired.

Does anyone else feel like that? Or am I alone in dreading this?

Xx

Use someone like Eliza so Torchwood doesn't turn into BuffyAngelDollwood. She would take away from the main cast far too much.

really? I dont think so, all depends on her character, they got bill pullman in there amoungst others, although Eliza is beautiful and a talented actor, is she really a bigger star than the other us actors in there so far?

regardless thats like saying you cant have patrick stewart in xmen cos it will be like watcing X trek, lol.

ive not really been keeping upto date with miricle day, are the webisodes short or full length? whats her character in them and how does it relate to the main series, is it a prequel?

I think David's right.

The main person should have been an unknown as I think Eliza will detract from the main cast.

I am glad someone brought this up!

I won't watch the online thing, I didnt for BSG or Being Human, this doesn't bother me, but what does worry me is this:

The reason Torchwood has a cult following (what other programme would still have a shrine to a dead character up over a year later?!) is because it was "Hi I'm Jack and I am omnisexual!" we won't have that in Miracle Day, we won't have Jack snogging a random man, it will hardly be mentioned and thats why it won't be the same, not as though there was much swearing in other TW, there won't be any of Gwens "Bo**ocks" in this one (ok I don't know for certain!).

It's going to be dumbed down and not the TW we all know and love over here, The Americans have done what they do best, love one of our programmes and then change the feel of it completly for the American audiences and most likely the Americans won't even like it because it's not why they feel in love with it in the first place!!

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

The reason Torchwood has a cult following is because it was "Hi I'm Jack and I am omnisexual!"

Really? Personally I like Torchwood, but that was the thing I hated about it. Having Jack 'snogging a random man' to me doesn't make good TV. It always seemed to me to be a bit of a shock tactic, which got very tiring after a while. Having Owen snogging a guy in the first episode, Gwen snogging a girl in the second episode, Ianto having it off with Jack whenever he could, Jack snogging the real Jack, Jack snogging John to me there wasn't much need for it. I liked a hell of a lot of the Torchwood stories, but none of those I just mentioned added much to the stories in my opinion. Quite the contrary, I felt sometimes that the story was progressing nicely, until something like those mentioned above seemed to be thrown in, like I say, just to shock

Has television really degressed so much that people no longer appreciate writing, directing, acting and general storytelling, and only want to see people getting off with each other?

Edited by JacknDaniel

The reason Torchwood has a cult following is because it was "Hi I'm Jack and I am omnisexual!"

Really? Personally I like Torchwood, but that was the thing I hated about it. Having Jack 'snogging a random man' to me doesn't make good TV. It always seemed to me to be a bit of a shock tactic, which got very tiring after a while. Having Owen snogging a guy in the first episode, Gwen snogging a girl in the second episode, Ianto having it off with Jack whenever he could, Jack snogging the real Jack, Jack snogging John to me there wasn't much need for it. I liked a hell of a lot of the Torchwood stories, but none of those I just mentioned added much to the stories in my opinion. Quite the contrary, I felt sometimes that the story was progressing nicely, until something like those mentioned above seemed to be thrown in, like I say, just to shock

Has television really degressed so much that people no longer appreciate writing, directing, acting and general storytelling, and only want to see people getting off with each other?

I loved nearly all the shows apart from the whale one. I get what you mean about the kissing Though, there was alot and maybe there wasn't so much need for it all but then it wouldn't 'be torchwood' and jack and ianto relelationship was done fantastically, I will like the author of the top thread, will watch the first one and then make a final judgment x

• 2 weeks later...

:blush:-->

QUOTE(king b @ Jun 19 2011, 05:55 PM) 1659733[/snapback]

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/944563...s_premiere.html

Just seen this now, not really happy if its true.

Just brilliant, first they take a British show and bulk it out with an American cast, and now they show it in America before we get it over here.

Guess I'll just watch online then. If I bother at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I started with an 'I'll watch episode 1 and then decide', and, well... I saw episode 1 at the BFI screening last week and liked it way more than I was expecting to. Now I'm just waiting on it airing so I can actually talk about anything that happened in it!

• 2 weeks later...

As a long time Torchwood fan, I'm really interested to see where they go with "Miracle Day". I'm, hoping that the additional budget from the Starz involvement isn't blown on effects at the detriment of a really good story.

Fortunately not long to wait now, and a whole load of new characters to get to know and connect to.

Too American plus the charm and character has gone.

It was a bit John Woo at times which was fine in the 90's. Dunno if ill bother next week, mind you there may be no point after that THIS SEASON trailer that lasted almost as long as the episode. The bit with the earmuffs was good though.

Edited by WHO1