Red dwarf to return!

timelord81r

jump to 1 hour 21 minutes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sk...ong_03_06_2010/

super super news, thank the lord, cant wait, love red dwarf, back to earth was a bit disappointing to be honest, lets hope doug doesnt direct cos I thought B2E was a bit slow and badly edited. needed more jokes and a laugh track also. i enjoyed it cos its dwarf but it was the worst of the entire series I think, which was a massive shame. though the directors cut is far better than the poorly spliced up 3 parter that aired on dave

so showmasters, get craig, chloe, hattie and norm to LFCC or CML this year with group shots! please to add to the great cm16 ones

Edited by timelord81r

Its an exclusive!!!! Two more series.

Good god! This is HUGE, absolutely HUGE.

Wonder if it will be in front of a studio audience or not or whether they'll stick to the same format.

Cant wait!!!!!

Edited by KingRichard76

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

yer but unless something goes cough up it will happen in 2011, i think some just are going crazy thinking they are already shooting lol

You can tell that he is just dying to say something...

bobby tweets alot lol

i hope its better than those comeback episodes they were poor

I want to defend them so much but yer, they just went all that funny, bits that were had been recycled from the past, and I do miss the audience. hopefully it will be much better the new series. aside those eps on dave that were a bit of a let down all dwarf is superb. no bad eps.

Edited by timelord81r

Am I alone when I say I really enjoyed the latest episodes? Ok, the first episode on its own was a let down. BUT when we saw the rest, it all fitted into place and made sense- watching it the second time around really helped me understand things and I enjoyed it a lot more and thought it was clever. No, it wasn't original Dwarf, but it was a Special, so that's what it's meant to be, right?

Series 8 wasn't my favourite, but I did enjoy 7 and I know a fair few didn't. I can't wait to see what happens next, and I hope it means Craig may come to a show soon!!

ah man,we have to wait over a year, lol, hopefully that means quality like craig alludes to, will be made. i wonder if they will continue on from back to earth or skip it and go from the end of the last series? i hope its a full series, I hope all main cast are back incl chloe, I hope for a live audience, I hope they remember to be funny and not just try to be clever like b2e.

this makes me happy from doug -

http://twitter.com/DougRDNaylor/status/27501698213740544

Am I alone when I say I really enjoyed the latest episodes? Ok, the first episode on its own was a let down. BUT when we saw the rest, it all fitted into place and made sense- watching it the second time around really helped me understand things and I enjoyed it a lot more and thought it was clever. No, it wasn't original Dwarf, but it was a Special, so that's what it's meant to be, right?

Series 8 wasn't my favourite, but I did enjoy 7 and I know a fair few didn't. I can't wait to see what happens next, and I hope it means Craig may come to a show soon!!

they were ok, but they just were not all that funny, and what was had been adapted from funny past jokes. u know what I really hope doug doesnt direct, he strikes me as the tv version of lucas with directing, all technical in terms of equipment but very flat in terms of shooting. i hope they dont go crazy with cheap cgi either, models were far better but ok we onto cgi, dont use it just cos its there like lucas, i mean in b2e he did a lucas, entire sets cgi :-(

i did love the squid fight though lol

hated the corrie cross over

the carbug gag wasnt that funny, could of been of shot better though.

I think BTE is best viewed if you treat it as one long episode I didn't like the three parter at the start of series 8 either. Maybe I just think that Red Dwarf works best as single episodes.

You are not alone - Series 7 is one of my favourites. Not sure what is my least favourite. The only thing I didn't like about 8 was bringing back all of the crew. I realise it opened up different storylines but it just didn't 'feel' right for me. I think 4 but I will re-watch them all to confirm ^_^

Just Craig?! I am still waiting for the definitive group photo shooo with all of them!

i wonder if they will continue on from back to earth or skip it and go from the end of the last series?
It was last year so this may have changed, but I recall it being mentioned that the new series will pick up after BTE.

for me aside B2E, ALL dwarf was fantastic, my fav series? er hard, 5/6/7 i think. but there all great. b2e yes works better viewed in one hit as the breaks feel forced, especially part 1. but still its just not all that funny. and i dont think it was directed or paced all that well, which together is its downfall. still i can still watch it and the bits i like i do really like.

wish wed seen more of the mini robot rimmers lol reminded me of the museum ride & song lol

For me personally Series 1-6 are absolutely perfect and hilarious Red Dwarf. Can't fault anything about them. The first couple of episodes of Season 7 were good, but I actually started to dislike it after that, and by the end of Season 7 I despised it. Couldn't believe the series started with an incredible episode like Tikka to Ride, and ended with Nanarchy. I thought it was abysmal. And a lot of it was down to Chloe Annett being brought in I felt.

Season 8 was just one of the worst pieces of televisual material that's ever been made in my opinion, and the best thing they could do is to completely forget it was ever made. Hopefully they'll try and recapture what the first few series had in it, but I just don't think they can ever match the look and feel of the earliest and best episodes.

I can't help but feel that it's one of those shows that people spend so much time wanting to come back, that by the time it does come back, it's nothing like people remember it or hope it will be like. As much as I would love to be proved wrong