New tickets and new things in store for LFCC 2015

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

I have been talking with the team, with some of the fans and to collectors that attend our events to work on a new ticket structure and the new ways we will offer some of the things that we have in store for you in the coming years.

LFCC back in July 2014 was the busiest event we have ever run and one of the busiest that Earls Court has ever had on its doorstep, lots of things did work but as a few of you saw some things could not keep up with the amount of interest that this event now attracts. So we have put together the following new ways of doing things to help make LFCC work better and take it forward into the future.

Just before the July event we were offered some last minute activities from various film studios but we just could not get it into the event in the time frame we had available to us over the weekend, turning down four things that we really wanted to be able to bring you. These things would have happened on the Friday and Saturday night but as we had things happening already at these times, we simply could not fit them into the buildings.

Based on this experience, 2015 LFCC is going to take up more hall space, and we are going to use that space is a better way to allow us to run more than one big activity in the halls at one time. The show will run over three of the large interlocking halls at Olympia which means we can put on the things that the studios want to offer us, as we have more than enough space and a better layout to cope with this.

Olympia as a venue has several large halls for us to use and we have been able to take on much more space than what we had available to us this year at Earls Court. The bigger space will also help ease the crowding issues that we had in some parts of the hall in July.

FRIDAY
The Early Bird Preview Day - Opening at 1pm and closing at 8pm
You will be able to buy tickets for all activities covering the entire weekend from open on Friday and also any late guests that are added before the show, but after our online shop closes will be on sale on the Friday. We will be having photo shoots with the guest scheduled for Friday, and we will be introducing a talk schedule, just like the Saturday and Sunday. Friday will be a full on show day without it being as busy as the Saturday and Sunday, so a great day to get some of the things you want to do out the way before the weekend really starts.

Friday early bird preview day ticket' from 1pm to 8pm will be a one price ticket for all costing £12 per person

TICKETS FOR THE WEEKEND (SATURDAY and SUNDAY)

LFCC 2015 will have NO Early Bird Tickets, this ticket will no longer be available for LFCC.
Entry tickets for LFCC on both Saturday and Sunday will now be known simply as "Entry Ticket" and doors will open for all ticket holders from 9am both days, meaning there will be no 11am only entry for LFCC.
This change in tickets means we can start the programming of events such as Talks, Photo ops, Signings, Panels etc from 9.30am, allowing us to get everything into the weekend that we can.

In the past we have tended to start the programmes fully after 11am when the standard entry ticket holders start to come in, but we have found more recently that this limits how much we can get in over the day. For 2014 the actual number of standard ticket holders were less that any year before, as so many of you came in as Early Bird and on the Saturday the standard entry tickets got us to capacity at around 12 noon, so this change can allow the show to be full on from around 9.30 /10am and spread things out a bit more.

Saturday entry tickets will be pre sold only they will have to be bought in advance and they will NOT be for sale on the door.

Sunday entry tickets will be pre-sold first and only if we feel there is going to be availability on the door will we inform everyone around 4 weeks out from the show. If at that point we see that the numbers are getting low we will inform everyone that tickets will not be for sale on the day, and will only be available to buy in advance.

We will be advising all who intend to visit LFCC 2015 to book their entry tickets in advance, where in previous years we have tried to keep things flexible for the visitor by offering on the day entry sales - if you do wish to keep your options open, all we ask is that you pay very close attention to our notices roughly a month out from the event and if we cannot offer tickets on the day, that you understand the reasons we need to do this.
We are having to do this as we are now selling out to capacity on the Saturday, and knowing what we have planned for 2015 there's a strong possibility we will sell out of entry tickets for the Saturday again in 2015. Right now, we can only guess that we might sell out for the Sunday as well, but will know for sure regarding Sunday nearer the time.

Entry Ticket details
Sat "Entry Ticket" from 9am to 6pm will cost £18 per adult
Sun "Entry Ticket" from 9am to 6pm will cost £15 per adult

Sat "Entry Ticket" from 9am to 6pm will cost £12 per child
Sun "Entry Ticket" from 9am to 6pm will cost £10 per child

Family Entry tickets
Fri - 2 adults and 2 children will cost £40
Sat - 2 adults and 2 children will cost £50
Sun - 2 adults and 2 children will cost £40

Weekend Entry pass price (for all 3 days)
Adult £ £40
Child £30

Remember the event will now start with a full program of activities from around 9.30 /10am so you will all get more things to do over the day which is very important to what we have planned for next year's show, watch this space for all what we have in store for you all.

GOLD PASSES
The all new Gold Pass tickets for 2015 onwards

Gold pass holders that are at the event before the advertised open time will be issued their passes before the doors open, and will gain access to the venue before normal "Entry Ticket" holders enter.
Gold pass holders will get free seats at all standard free or paid for talks taking place during show open hours, exceptions will be for some specific diamond package guest talks, and any talks that are considered additional promotion/event activity or the odd guests that we may have to excludes for film promotion purposes or other reasons. Which could include sponsored talks or exclusive event content.
Priority seating will also be given to Gold Pass holders who will be able to enter the seating area before the main queue. In situations where the talk is part of a Diamond Pass package you will be located behind the Diamond Pass holders.

The gold pass chill out room will be manned so you have a point person that is there to keep the room filled with water and to keep it tidy for you all to have a decent place to rest over the weekend.

The goody bag will have different items in them from show to show, we can never be sure what the film and TV companies will be able to offer us from but it will contain some cool promo items from past and current TV & film promotions - you never know what cool items you will get in each shows goody bag :-)

You will be able to get 2 in-person autographs from the guests of your choice attending the show on the Friday or Sundaythat are charging £10, these 2 autographs will be free.

You will be able to get 2 photo shoots from the guests of your choice attending the show on the Friday or Sunday that are charging £10, these 2 photo shoots will be free.

Gold pass holders will not require a VQ ticket from the popular guests, allowing you to avoid the long queues - Please be aware however that for Diamond Pass Guests you may require a VQ ticket if that guest does an open signing session.

Golden Pass holders will be given priority queuing at the photo sessions- this excludes any photo sessions with Diamond Pass guests.

Gold pass tickets are limited and at last years LFCC they did sell out so please be warned we have reduced the amount of Gold Passes we are planning on offering for 2015, so these will be sold on a first come first serve bases and they will sell out again.

We want our regular Gold Pass attendees to be able to get their tickets as normal so please be aware we really feel that these tickets will sell so do not get caught out ;-) - Gold passes will be £225

DIAMOND PASSES
Brand new exclusive Diamond Guest Upgrade for 2015.

The Diamond upgrade will be a tailor made pass designed for each specific special guest that is attending the show under this ticket type.

To purchase a Diamond upgrade you will have had to have bought an entry ticket or gold pass to be able to add this upgrade.

These passes will be unique to individual guests and could be as limited as x100 to x500 people depending on what we are allowed to offer, and what we have agreed with the guest.

Each Diamond Guest upgrade package will be different for each specific guest, and will contain different activities and opportunities. You will find below just a few things that may be offered, but as we say these are just some examples of what could be available dependant on what is agreed with the guest.

This upgrade will give the holders things like:

A guaranteed signed autograph, included in the price
A guaranteed photo op, included in the price
A guaranteed seat in the talk with said guest, included in the price
The option to buy additional autographs above the 1 free one in the package price
An option to buy another seat at the talk next to you
Access to buy very exclusive, very limited edition collectables only available to the Diamond upgrade holders, these collectables will be limited in their numbers and available on a first come, first served basis.

Things like...
A unique collage print
Signed film poster - design exclusive to the show

We have some amazing guests and activities planned for next Summer's London Film and Comic Con and with these new packages and tickets we feel we can take future shows into the stratosphere and bring all the fans of Europe an event like no other in the world.

Tickets will be go on sale at 7pm Wednesday 1st October 2014

We look forward to seeing you at the show
Jason and the Showmasters Team

• Like 5

Lots of info to digest, seems pretty good to me.... I'll be ready to pre-order my Saturday tickets this Wednesday then.

Is there already a Diamond guest booked and so Diamond tickect avail for purchase in the near future...

How far are you on "the talk" with The Rock" people ... Can you already spill the beans on at least one possible Diamond guest.... Can't wait

I like that it is the same entry for all, though it saddens me that it has forced the price up for entry! My only question is, for Diamond Guests, will people be able to meet them or get a photo with them if they do not have the pass? As my son is autistic, I don't do the talks and if they are more expensive guests, which I suspect they will be, I only usually get a photo or an autograph, rarely both. Basically I don't want to miss out because I don't want everything in the Diamond package.

• Moderators

I like that it is the same entry for all, though it saddens me that it has forced the price up for entry! My only question is, for Diamond Guests, will people be able to meet them or get a photo with them if they do not have the pass? As my son is autistic, I don't do the talks and if they are more expensive guests, which I suspect they will be, I only usually get a photo or an autograph, rarely both. Basically I don't want to miss out because I don't want everything in the Diamond package.

This will vary depending on the guest in question. If a diamond pass guest DOES do 'open' signings or photoshoots for non-pass holders these are likely to be very limited in quantity.

I might consider attending Friday as well to avoid the crowds, you think that some of the diamond guests will be present on the Friday as well?

I 've never attend on a Friday, to those of you on this forum that might have, is the Friday really "that" less busy.

This will vary depending on the guest in question. If a diamond pass guest DOES do 'open' signings or photoshoots for non-pass holders these are likely to be very limited in quantity.

Then I will just have to hope it is someone I don't want to meet then! Or I have the money if I do!

• Moderators

I might consider attending Friday as well to avoid the crowds, you think that some of the diamond guests will be present on the Friday as well?

I 've never attend on a Friday, to those of you on this forum that might have, is the Friday really "that" less busy.

Every Friday I have attended so far I have actually been able to just wander around, where on the Saturday/Sunday it's more of a shuffle in the dealers' area

• Like 1

If you compare it with a Saturday, yes.

If you compare Friday 2014 with Friday 2013, no. Friday 2014 was more busier.

• Like 1

The queue will be an issue. If I Have a photoshoot booked for 10am and Im towards the back of the queue, what happens. I doubt you will be able to get 10000 people through the doors by 9.30 if you only open at 9??

During the past five years or so I did attend LFCC what I witnessed is a huge line for the early bird tickets,,and I mean even then you better had to arrive early, ... I never really understood people queuing for regular tickets at the same time I was lining up in the early bird queue... I think many just wait to the last minute as they wait for guests to be announced... Just safe to say that those two lines will from now on merge into one huge line.... I can see the benefit for LFCC , they will be able to monitor precisely how many of us will actually attend. ....

People that usually arrives late on the day and bought regular tickets will still arrive later than most but already have tickets

So there is no surprise here LFCC 2015 will be packed, they will have to find a way to move crowd quickly, multiple entry points or so

This is the first year LFCC is taking the next step, I expect a few glitch, but altogether I think it's for the best....

To quote a famous movie:

John Hammond: All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

• Showmasters Admin

The queue will be an issue. If I Have a photoshoot booked for 10am and Im towards the back of the queue, what happens. I doubt you will be able to get 10000 people through the doors by 9.30 if you only open at 9??

like we have done for many years not the early photo ops are repeated in the afternoon so lie it has been for the last 3 years no one will miss there shots as they are repeated :-)

and entry for all pre paid early birds is with in a hour , and thats using one door so having 5 doors this will be fine

and i will also point out that some people will still walk up after 12 and just walk in no everyone is there first thing in the morning as we know around 30% of pre paid tickets still come in around a hour or two after the lines have cleared , that is what we have seen over the years.

hope that is of help

jason

• Like 1

Hi im a bit confused iv just payed for 3 tickets for saturday but they still say early bird tickets when you go to the ticket page and on my email saying what I have payed for I just want to check I will be ok on the day as I havent been before dont want to muck up hope someone can help thanks

There are some good ideas here, espically the pre-paid-only Saturday. I think it would be a better idea to start the programming at 10.30. Experience has shown that some guests don't do early. It would also give everyone time to get in and have a look around. Starting half an hour after the doors open is too quick.

One question. If there are two or more Diamond guests, would there be a small additional charge for each extra guest, or would a complete package have to be purchased for each Diamond guest?

Hi im a bit confused iv just payed for 3 tickets for saturday but they still say early bird tickets when you go to the ticket page and on my email saying what I have payed for I just want to check I will be ok on the day as I havent been before dont want to muck up hope someone can help thanks

I assume you've bought tickets for the Winter show and not the Summer show, which this post is about. The Summer show tickets aren't on sale yet.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If I get a gold ticket and then want to upgrade to Diamond will I lose the perks from the gold ticket in favour of one guest

The way it has now been phrased suggests that you would basically keep the gold pass and buy the diamond on top - the gold pass just provides the 'entry' requirement needed to be able to purchase the diamond.

One question. If there are two or more Diamond guests, would there be a small additional charge for each extra guest, or would a complete package have to be purchased for each Diamond guest?

As each guest would have a different price point, I suspect that a complete package would have to be bought for both. Otherwise the situation could arise where people would be paying differing amounts for the same combinations of diamond packages depending on the order bought!

Hmm. My concern with having only one (more expensive) ticket price is that the vast majority of people are now going to turn up first thing even if they just want one or two guests, rather than turning up later on and saving money with a cheaper ticket...

I also agree that starting talks/shoots etc so close to opening may be a bit optimistic.

The new higher prices (50% increase from early bird and almost double the price of LFCC's standard entry ticket...) will put people off who don't need to spend all day there - the new ticket changes also have taken away te option of going for a couple of hours after work on the Friday to save money without buying a whole day's ticket...

• Showmasters Admin

Hmm. My concern with having only one (more expensive) ticket price is that the vast majority of people are now going to turn up first thing even if they just want one or two guests, rather than turning up later on and saving money with a cheaper ticket...

I also agree that starting talks/shoots etc so close to opening may be a bit optimistic.

The new higher prices (50% increase from early bird and almost double the price of LFCC's standard entry ticket...) will put people off who don't need to spend all day there - the new ticket changes also have taken away te option of going for a couple of hours after work on the Friday to save money without buying a whole day's ticket...

we start shoots early already and repeat the guests twice anyway so this happens already we can just doing one off guest shoots per day earlier say from 10.30 or even 11 where as this year we cannot do that so it will work 100%

with free talks we will want to star them earlier that this year , paid for ones will start later so we know everyone is in but by 10.30 11 am everyone one will be in by then so things can start earlier , this year we cannot start at 11 am as people take time to get it so it has to be near 12 or 12.30 before we really get going and thats 1 3rd of the day gone to even get going so its going to help you need to trust that we do know what we are doing and have planed this out so it will work for you , we do care about getting you what you want thats why we are doing this.

as to your point about prices going up they have a little but not what you are saying they are ?

I am sorry i do not understand what you are saying ?

the early bird morning price now this year 2014 is £15 next year its going up to £18 on sat and staying at £15 on sunday

how is that an increase of 50% ?

friday had to be extend as it was full this year and many people are now travelling from out side the UK and are there for the weekend anyway so they are going to be at the show anyway , the hall has to be hired for another full day before hand to set everything up so there is massive costs in opening early so it s full on show now on friday and its nearly a full day, also there will be things that will happen in 2015 on the friday that will make friday even more popular as we have some new things planed for the stages also so just see what we have planed , every year LFCC has grown next year is going to be no different , as we add things to the weekend and improve whats on offer everyone will see what we can do with this extra time and space and it will grow the event even more in the right direction

i understand people do not like change but every year LFCC has changed and for the better its not the event is was 20 years ago or even 5 years ago , the photo ops everyone was very intense about that change and we had weeks of people worried about this steep forward now no one says anything at all as there is nothing to say its one of the most most effective photo ops in the world now second to none because we worked it out what was needed and made it work , so a little trust is all thats needed.

last year the show grow a lot we cannot leave it like it was as it started to now work for everyone , next year these changes will fix most of these issues , the show will grow and thing will need to be changed for the better that what need to happen and thats what we are here to do make this living growing event work of you the fans that make it happen.

i hope you can see we have put a lot of thought into all these new things we are on it :-)

jason