First time signers?

DookuDub

No that wasnt me complaining it was a question. I havr no problem with first time signers. I was wondering why there were so many for CM 22 as ive never seen these first time guests at an SM event before. Personally i dont see what the hype is with people that walked behind camera once but i have no problem with them attending. I prefer to meet the main characters but thats just me. I can see why some people might want to meet them

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

No that wasnt me complaining it was a question. I havr no problem with first time signers. I was wondering why there were so many for CM 22 as ive never seen these first time guests at an SM event before. Personally i dont see what the hype is with people that walked behind camera once but i have no problem with them attending. I prefer to meet the main characters but thats just me. I can see why some people might want to meet them

Surely if you had seen them at a SM event before then they wouldn't be first time signers at this event??

Also, why even comment about not understanding what the hype is if you have no problem with it? Theres lots of guests that I have no interest in ever meeting but I wouldn't waste my time by commenting on it. Commenting that you dont like such and such a guest just comes across as selfish as there will be plenty of others who are interested in them!

I agree with Faerie Tanith. I have been a regular visitor to Showmasters events over the last few years, but this one has the least inspiring line up of any that I have seen. I fully understand that the Star Wars completists will be happy with the line-up of first-time signers and I'm pleased that they are excited about their attendance, but to be honest, that doesn't float my boat at all.

Unless there are some biggish name announcements being held back, it is sadly looking like this is the first Collectormania event in a long time that I won't be attending. Amanda Tapping and Chris Barrie are the only big name draws for me, & I met Amanda already at LFCC 2013 and Chris at the Entertainment & Media Show a couple of years back.

Just hoping the guys at Showmasters have a cunning plan up their sleeves...

• Like 1

I agree with Faerie Tanith. I have been a regular visitor to Showmasters events over the last few years, but this one has the least inspiring line up of any that I have seen. I fully understand that the Star Wars completists will be happy with the line-up of first-time signers and I'm pleased that they are excited about their attendance, but to be honest, that doesn't float my boat at all.

Unless there are some biggish name announcements being held back, it is sadly looking like this is the first Collectormania event in a long time that I won't be attending. Amanda Tapping and Chris Barrie are the only big name draws for me, & I met Amanda already at LFCC 2013 and Chris at the Entertainment & Media Show a couple of years back.

Just hoping the guys at Showmasters have a cunning plan up their sleeves...

I have to agree, great for Star Wars fans, but just not enough guests from other things that would justify the travel, hotel costs etc. It's a shame, was looking forward to this one too. Hopefully nearer the time this will change and we will get some other guests.

I agree with Faerie Tanith. I have been a regular visitor to Showmasters events over the last few years, but this one has the least inspiring line up of any that I have seen. I fully understand that the Star Wars completists will be happy with the line-up of first-time signers and I'm pleased that they are excited about their attendance.

Well I only collect Doctor Who and Star Wars, and have some remarkably obscure names in my collection, but I just can't muster any excitement about 'unknowns'. I'd possibly get them if I was there (and be annoyed if I worked out they'd been in Who too - which would have meant I'd be spending much more) but they just aren't worth making the visit especially. I'm going to be closer to MK than normal that weekend - the extra little hop would be cheaper than normal, but at present it's not worth the time, or cost.

Edited by TerraHawk

I'm a massive Star Wars fan but for most of these I will decide on the day...if they are from original trilogy I have no problem as I add them to my poster but with the prequels I'm not so fussed unless it's more main cast or known minor roles.

The big draws for me at this event are definitely The Nation of Domination and George Groves and David Haye without a doubt!

There have always been first timers, it just more of a thing seems to made of it this time.

I know there's still over six weeks to go, but there were nearly twice as many guests on the final list for last year than we have so far.

Also I doubt SM would do an event without a few big headliners as they wanna attract new people to these events and make them want to go to an event. At the mo here are only people for the hardcore auto collectors like first timers

Also I doubt SM would do an event without a few big headliners as they wanna attract new people to these events and make them want to go to an event. At the mo here are only people for the hardcore auto collectors like first timers

With three weeks left let's hope that's the case. If not, there's always the 300 or so tables of merchandise to serve as a decent attraction.

With three weeks left let's hope that's the case. If not, there's always the 300 or so tables of merchandise to serve as a decent attraction.
I am also going to Cardiff comic con so if anyone massive isn't announced for CM I still get to look forward to Jason Momoa, Carice Van Houten and a couple others.

Not all guests can be at every events unfortunately. Jason has done CM MK not too long ago.

The Cardiff locals would probably say "finally our show gets a nice and exclusive guest too." That's something that comes up frequently... "London and MK are getting all the good guests!"