458 replies to this topic

#441 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

Depends when you arrive, but you won't need to go to the registration desk.  If it's before they open you will have to queue of course but at the door (or they may come down the queue beforehand) you will have your eticket scanned and they may swap it for a wrist band and then you can go in.

Potato

#442 Brodnick

Brodnick

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:32 PM

Raylenth - many thanks for the quick response.

Looks like I'll only be joining one queue then!

#443 timdiesel2015

timdiesel2015

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:07 PM

Can I just check if I have a photoshoot for William shatner and separately Christopher Lloyd can I go to the afternoon shoot for William shatner?regardless of having low batch number as might be a clash.

#444 wjbleming

wjbleming

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:10 PM

Can I just check if I have a photoshoot for William shatner and separately Christopher Lloyd can I go to the afternoon shoot for William shatner?regardless of having low batch number as might be a clash.

Yes, you can.  You can go any time after your batch has been called. :smile:

Edited by wjbleming, 07 October 2016 - 01:31 PM.

"I've seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall"

Have attended: BelfastFCC2014, BelfastFCC2015, BelfastFCC2016, LFCC2016, BelfastFCC2017

Hoping to attend: LFCC2017, BelfastFCC2018

#445 Magnitude_V1

Magnitude_V1

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:47 PM

What happened to the Gaming Zone or is it there and I walked past it? Would have thought that with Wil being here there'd be a stronger focus on video and board games than usual.

#446 Serscottypoo

Serscottypoo

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

I saw Adam Nimoy earlier does anybody know if he is doing anything today?

#447 timdiesel2015

timdiesel2015

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:20 PM

That's great thanks

#448 seela

seela

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:18 PM

Boy if you are conning the Que is up to 2 hours.
Spent my time in one or another Que.

Boy if you are conning the aura are up to 2 hours.
Spent my ti.e in one or another Que.

Edited by seela, 07 October 2016 - 10:19 PM.

#449 Magnitude_V1

Magnitude_V1

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:33 PM

I hope tomorrow flows better. Queuing for somewhere around 3 to 4 hours for passes and then almost 45 mins for the opening ceremony has left me absolutely drained and in pain. Was going to the party but not after today.

Like I said, hope it gets better. Been trying to get my dad to a con for ages, after today's experience I doubt I'll get him to another which is a huge shame.

You do need to lose a few rows in the Enterprise stage as the rows are way too close together, people were falling over trying to get a seat and we're so close all we can see is the persons head in front, can't see the stage at all.
  • Muppet likes this

#450 Matmego23

Matmego23

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:14 AM

Is there any thread with a timetable on?

#451 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:18 AM

No.

The timetables are available on the website or people have created their own.

What info do you need?

Edited by Raylenth, 08 October 2016 - 06:19 AM.

Potato

#452 Matmego23

Matmego23

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:46 AM

No.

The timetables are available on the website or people have created their own.

What info do you need?

Ahh I'll have a look on the website then!

Thank you very much 😊

#453 SimonSays99

SimonSays99

Runner

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:39 AM

Is there a regular updated overview of tickets sold out? Talks, Photos, Autos...

Online or on site?

#454 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:42 AM

Is there a regular updated overview of tickets sold out? Talks, Photos, Autos...

Online or on site?

No, they do try to advise if something is getting close to sold out but it's not always possible.  Tickets will show as sold out on the website if they are but auto's are never shown as sold out as you can only buy them once you are in the queue and they cannot be pre bought.

Potato

#455 Queen_Sindel

Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,955 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:23 PM

There should be a poster at the sales table that is normally updated. But that is really the only thing I can currently think of.

Warning: Fangirl alert
Likely to squee at high frequencies!
-----------------------------
CSI Audio/visual labrat
Officially approved Alexis Cruz stalker
Founder of the Sadistic Quizmaster fan club

#456 Paulionassus

Paulionassus

Runner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

What happened to the Gaming Zone or is it there and I walked past it? Would have thought that with Wil being here there'd be a stronger focus on video and board games than usual.

Yeah we couldn't find it either and wasn't on the map.

#457 robmoriarty

robmoriarty

Assistant Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

I heard at the event they weren't willing to meet the stall fee price as it was set too high. Only what I heard, mind you. Did seem bizarre to have none AT ALL.

Have met: William Shatner, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Levar Burton, Wil Wheaton, Terry Farrell, Alexander Siddig, Armin Shimmerman, Nicole de Boer, Kate Mulgrew, Jeri Ryan, Roxann Dawson, Tim Russ, Robert Duncan McNeill, Ethan Phillips, Robert Picardo, Garrett Wang, Connor Trinneer, Dominic Keating, Chase Masterson, Vaughn Armstrong, Alice Krige, Richard Arnold, Keegan de Lancie, Daniel Stewart.

#458 schlangomat

schlangomat

Gaffer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:37 PM

Hello, I come from germany and stand on sunday by you. My aviator arrived around 11:00 clock in birmingham. I had a photoshoot with george takei on the classic star trek bridge. This photoshoot was already at 09:30 clock. For people from outside the country almost impossible to create, especially if you had already booked much earlier. This photoshoot would have had to take place again in the afternoon, so that everyone has the opportunity to get his photo. I was at the infostand. That lasted over 30 minutes until I came to it and then they told me that this would be started on the LFCC also at 09:30. But there were the same actors in the afternoon  again to take a photoshoot. They told me I could still take the normal photo with takei. I had  more paid and one was not ready to reimburse me the difference. That is an insolence. I drive to a lot of cons in europe every year. Something I had not experienced so far. Why were the photoshoots with william shattner and the bridge sold out? You could have sold without problems still some. I only had the normal photoshoot, although I'd rather have that with the bridge. Even that was not wanted to help me. It must be better. Which was good, which the wheelchair drivers could also do everything and was also helped them reasonably.

#459 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

I have replied to your other post Sclangomat.  Unfortunately the show times were clearly advertised and activities happen from when it opens to when it closes.  If an attendee can't be there until after it opens it's a risk you take if you book tickets before the schedule is released.

Some people needed to leave early to catch trains home so they may have missed it if it had been later.  Unfortunately you can't run it for everyone who has to leave early or arrive late so someone will always miss out.  There will always be a limit to how many tickets they sell for each activity otherwise some would take too long so that other activities couldn't happen.  If the Shatner bridge shoot was sold out it was sold out.  They can't add more tickets to a sold out event.

• langleytwin and eightieskid83 like this

Potato

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users