Cosplay?

ilovejim

So is anyone going in costume as their favourite character and feel like meeting up for photos together?

*cough*

Yes.

I will be going as Smauglock (Maybe), sort of a jokey thing since I did a proper Smaug last year. Is anyone else also doing other crossovers?

I may also do Cabinlock crossover, undecided. ;)

Edited by MildGrooveOn

I saw your other post jhw, fair play to you for making them yourself! I can cable knit but have only done it for scarves. I couldn't knit a jumper.

Thanks! If you can cable a scarf, you can cable a jumper. It just takes time and patience. I learned to knit fair isle for my John's Christmas jumper. To me, that one was more daunting.

• Like 1

I saw your other post jhw, fair play to you for making them yourself! I can cable knit but have only done it for scarves. I couldn't knit a jumper.

Thanks! If you can cable a scarf, you can cable a jumper. It just takes time and patience. I learned to knit fair isle for my John's Christmas jumper. To me, that one was more daunting.

Oh man, that Christmas jumper. I love it.

• Like 1

It would be awesome if we could meet up at get photos, Smauglock would be so cool and I can't resist a John jumper :thumbup:

I am probably going to bring one costume (although I might pack my John one) which is 'Mind Palace' Jim as it was so much fun at this show Expo and very comfy too.

It would be awesome if we could meet up at get photos, Smauglock would be so cool and I can't resist a John jumper :thumbup:

I am probably going to bring one costume (although I might pack my John one) which is 'Mind Palace' Jim as it was so much fun at this show Expo and very comfy too.

I'm doing "Mind Palace John" for the Saturday night party and was just thinking that I was going to be disappointed if I didn't see a "Mind Palace Jim"! There was a "Mind Palace Assassin Mary" at the last convention I went to.

jhw oh my god that is so awesome, I doubt I shall be going to any of the parties but if you felt inspired to wear your costume for photos the next day I would love to see it and get pics with you! I am sure there will be other 'Mind Palace' Jims at the party if not you might see me around the event as I will probably wear it both days.

MIND PALACE JIM. Genius idea, guys. ALSO mind palace John is my favourite wardrobe for him ever.

That's such a great idea. We definitely should all get pics.

I will definitely have my Smaug head / costume with me Sat because I plan to ask Benedict to kindly hold it for our picture. :)

Edited by MildGrooveOn
  • Like 1

I squealed when Jim appeared in that episode and my husband just turned at looked at me then said 'You should do that version of Jim?' It is one of my favourite costumes I have made and I had so much fun being 'crazy' Jim so I shall certainly be up for pics.

I'm honestly not sure if I want to do Smauglock or not. I feel some of the potentially excellent cosplay might be out of my league--and I'm not a very good body-fit, so it feels odd to me. I'll have the head for some pics, but that's about it.

On the fence. :)

tumblr_nb3i4hVVhz1rnqfjko1_1280_zpsb5hjx

MildGooveOn thank you for your kind words. I have to say that your Smauglock is awesome. I understand the worry of not being the perfect body-fit for a character but this is probably a once in a life time event so I would say go for it. Cosplay what you are comfortable in but I for one would love to see you I that costume and get photos with you.

I'm honestly not sure if I want to do Smauglock or not. I feel some of the potentially excellent cosplay might be out of my league--and I'm not a very good body-fit, so it feels odd to me. I'll have the head for some pics, but that's about it.

On the fence. :)

Cosplay isn't about perfection. It's about having fun in a fandom. If there's someone out of your league, good for them. It doesn't mean you can't do it too, or that you can't join in the fun. Think about it, if everyone didn't do cosplay because there was someone out there who was doing it better, there'd only be one cosplayer in the world. (And even they wouldn't have any fun, because they'd not have anyone to cosplay with!)

Edited by jhw
  • Like 1

MildGooveOn thank you for your kind words. I have to say that your Smauglock is awesome. I understand the worry of not being the perfect body-fit for a character but this is probably a once in a life time event so I would say go for it. Cosplay what you are comfortable in but I for one would love to see you I that costume and get photos with you.

& jhw--

You know, I think you're right. Once in a lifetime. In a different country/continent... Thank you so much for the encouragement you two, it means a lot--and I will wear it! ^_^

Edited by MildGrooveOn
  • Like 1

Yay *does happy crazy Jim dance* I am glad because it looks amazing and so much fun. I have always cosplayed for fun and meet new people, this is what this event is about having fun, celebrating a show we all love and finding more fans to share the love with so go for it!

• Like 1