Summer Glau most popular! Who saw that coming?

I mentioned this in another thread, she was lovely, my favourite (only just) guest today after Jeremy Bulloch.

I went to see Summer for her role as River Tam in Firefly/Serenity, although I am a fan of her in Terminator SCC and Arrow.

She personalised my Serenity steelbook with a quote and a heart at the end, can't recommend her enough if I'm honest!

• Like 1

Wow - kingrichard - that's crazy!! Id never have thought she'd have been one of the busiest.

I was considering getting a book of mine signed by her and Lena... I've decided I'm going to play it by ear, just to avoid being let down if she's too busy. I have number 750 for Stan Lee photo (my first photo at a showmasters show) and I'm a bit worried that it's not gonna happen... I'm just worried in general after hearing how many people are complaining about the show. I'm going after some Star Wars guests (Carrie and Ian have already signed it so that's good) on my poster and I'm sure they'll be quieter, so it'll be fun to do that and hopefully stress free.

I do love Summer as Cameron. Really gutted that canceled that show!!

• Like 1

Wow - kingrichard - that's crazy!! Id never have thought she'd have been one of the busiest.

I was considering getting a book of mine signed by her and Lena... I've decided I'm going to play it by ear, just to avoid being let down if she's too busy. I have number 750 for Stan Lee photo (my first photo at a showmasters show) and I'm a bit worried that it's not gonna happen... I'm just worried in general after hearing how many people are complaining about the show. I'm going after some Star Wars guests (Carrie and Ian have already signed it so that's good) on my poster and I'm sure they'll be quieter, so it'll be fun to do that and hopefully stress free.

I do love Summer as Cameron. Really gutted that canceled that show!!

It's the honest truth, by 4ish or so we'd got there and was told the line was too long and to come back in 20 minutes.... 20 or so minutes later- come back in 20 minutes- which would have meant 5:00 and my Friend was worried cos he'd only booked the carpark for five, but that line was mentally long - BUT! And I can't reiterate this enough, the wait is worth it because she is so lovely.

Uzi- I'll for sure check it out, I'll just buy it and watch it :)

Rich - Thanks for the info :) hopefully I can get to her tomorrow.

Sorry to go off topic, but I always see you around here, I'm an XFiles fan too! Always cool to hear from somebody else who loves the show. Maybe I'll see you at the show tomorrow. I'll be sure to say Hi if I do :)

• Like 1

Uzi- I'll for sure check it out, I'll just buy it and watch it :)

Rich - Thanks for the info :) hopefully I can get to her tomorrow.

Sorry to go off topic, but I always see you around here, I'm an XFiles fan too! Always cool to hear from somebody else who loves the show. Maybe I'll see you at the show tomorrow. I'll be sure to say Hi if I do :)

*Bows Majestically* You're very welcome. I do my best to impart some wisdom from my rapidly decreasing senile old mind or indeed- nope it's gone. Yep most definitely a fan.

I won't be there tomorrow, we only ever do one day although I hope you have a very pleasant time :)

I think that beautiful actresses who have starred / guest starred in loads of sci-fi/ action shows especially joss whedon productions will always be busy. She is often one of the headliners at big US shows. I had a photo with her in the afternoon and she seemed quite relaxed and smiley. Wanted to meet her but unfortunately she didn't get to my number. Although I understand that its nice for personalizations / quotes to be possible I do think that after so many VQs were distributed early on it should have been ensured that items were just signed. When she did return to her table after an extended photo shoot in afternoon her queue moved so slowly when I went to check what number she was up to and when people were coming away most had personalisations and quotes and had been able to have a chat. As I say is nice for the people who get this but it does significantly limit the amount of people who get to meet her. In these circumstances, especially on a busy Saturday, a quick queue would be fairer.

Where I was so long in getting a vq for Stan Lee, by the time I got to summer I ended up with 970-odd..I never saw her queue go above 500 though, what was up with that?

She's the main person I'm wanting to see but it all hangs on tomorrow now..

I am surprised that so many people are surprised by this!

Summer has been in MANY very popular US TV shows: Firefly, Dollhouse, Arrow, Chuck, Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Cape, The 4400 etc

She is a headline guest if ever there was one else lol

Got a photo with her today, planning to get her auto tomorrow (trying to spread meeting her over 2 days!)

• Like 4

I am surprised that so many people are surprised by this!

Summer has been in MANY very popular US TV shows: Firefly, Dollhouse, Arrow, Chuck, Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Cape, The 4400 etc

She is a headline guest if ever there was one else lol

Got a photo with her today, planning to get her auto tomorrow (trying to spread meeting her over 2 days!)

Same here, I knew she'd be one of the busy ones, surprised at all the surprise in this thread too (other than your surprise :P).

• Like 1

My perspective is very different to everyone else's as I witnessed the poor crew guy get a rather stern talking down from a crew member in red about letting the queue get far too long. She had a point, when ever I went to see someone there was a 50/50 chance that I would be asked to come back later even though my VT number had long since been written on the board. I heard "sorry I can't let you join just yet as the queue is too long..I'm not putting the number up though..so come back in 5-10mins" many times. The Summer queue though had be left to go wild, with the VT number being clearly too high and no one getting turned away.

I felt really sorry for the crew member though who was obviously trying his best.

So whilst Summer was indeed very popular, it was bad queue management that let it get that bad. I honestly think it'll be MUCH easier to see her Sunday as the crew members will change and be repositioned. Seems like a lovely person to meet :)

Edited by LogicTheory
  • Like 2

Summer was awesome I got vt 24 early on sat morning and got in after carrie auto. She is one of the most lovely guests ever..... going to try again on Sunday for another auto but it was crazy that they gave out way to many vt tickets at start of day I saw people with crazy numbers. Think it may be different tom (sun)!!! They would have learnt from today (hopefully)

I'm not surprised at all about Summer. She is very fan friendly and appreciates the fans. As others have mentioned she is known for so many shows, so she obviously has a diverse network of fans that adore her.

I'm glad she stuck to personalising as it meant I could takeaway everything that I wanted from meeting her. As the amount of gold passes was serious overkill in letting others with VT getting a chance to meet her and being able to obtain personalisations.

• Like 1

Didn't surprise me - though I went and got Stan Lee ticket first and by the time I got to Summer they were up in the 500.

This actually annoyed me - the guy did break up the queue (though this was after he afternoon shot; around three - I didn't try before on the Saturday); it's just the people at the front wouldn't go so people at the back stayed because they couldn't hear what was being said.

I came back maybe six times and then was let in the queue - that was at 5 and people were still queuing up to the end of the hall.

I really wanted to meet her yesterday but when I got in to the venue at around 9:15 her board wasn't up so couldn't find where she was based. As I was also after Carrie Fisher, Lena Headey, Billy Dee Williams and Stan Lee VQ tickets I didn't want to hang around. I eventually got number 600 and something so gave up.