It didn't take long - Christopher Lloyd Auto on Ebay!

mightymax

Yes it is rather sad that some people 'cash' in on autographs in this way. However, a buyer has bought an autograph and is entitled to do what they like with it.

What is far more annoying are those people who obtain autographs for free via in-person meets at theatres and other venues, or through the mail and then go on to sell them.

Yes it is rather sad that some people 'cash' in on autographs in this way. However, a buyer has bought an autograph and is entitled to do what they like with it.

What is far more annoying are those people who obtain autographs for free via in-person meets at theatres and other venues, or through the mail and then go on to sell them.

I agree with that. A paid autograph people can do what they want. Far worse are those people who stand outside Old Trafford get a Ronaldo signed shirt and then flog them for £300. I'm lucky, being a Millwall fan our players are more than happy to stop and chat and sign whatever you put in front of them. That's about the only thing that's lucky about being a Millwall fan mind you!

hi i get autographs from the theaters and prems but i never

sell them part of my collection and thats it like the other day i went to the

theaer to meet cathine tate she was lovely to meet and got my picture signed

what allready had david tennant on it i know its going to be worth alot of money

but would never sell it

Anybody can write a COA.

I could scribble "Marilyn Monroe" on a paper, write a COA on another piece and sign that with my real name stating the autograph is authentic.

Most COAs aren't worth the paper they are written on. If it doesn't have the stamp of a trustworthy dealer they prove nothing. And even dealers sometimes get it wrong if they buy lots from elswhere.

Don't think it'd work on a photo though.. would probably eat through it/make a mess/smudge... don't you think?

No, it does work on photos. Either nail polish remover or some special erase pens that you can buy in the USA.

If you apply too much of the nail polish remover you are correct, it will destroy the photo or at least eat the glossy surface. And some pens are easier to remove than others. The metal sharpies are easiest to remove, and the smaller the pen the more likely it is there are scratch marks left behind on the pictures.

I asked once on an autograph collectors forum how to remove a smudge on an autograph, and I got a full blown advice on removing inscriptions. It did work on the pen smudge, but it was kind of scary to see what people got removed from their photos.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/702022/remov...y_erase_marker/

This'll probably work. Never tried it though.