Hotels?

Kymley

• 2 weeks later...

The Radisson Blu Edwardian still looks to still have some rooms left, if anybody is interested. I've secured one for four nights. Eye watering rates in comparison to some of the neighbouring hotels, but having stayed there 13 years ago before heading on my honeymoon (now divorced, BTW - whoops), it was well worth every single penny. I used booking.com.

As an alternative, there's always the Holiday Inn which is a short walk away.

Edited by Movielad

I didn't find it that expensive - you did use the event code? - £70 a night isn't bad

I'm paying a bit more on the day, but I have the option to cancel if anything happens. If I went directly through the hotel, I'd have to fork out straight away and not have the option of cancelling unless the event is cancelled.

I've stayed at the Radisson before - 14 years ago when I went on honeymoon, so it may have changed considerably since then. I'm also now divorced ;) But from what I remember it's very, very nice.

Still haven't had a chance to call them yet - busy, busy, busy etc.

It's big...they cater for lots of conferences, weddings etc....nice hotel...bar prices can be steep, but the cocktails are rather tasty :dance: ....I'm staying there for one night before I fly away for my holiday in 4 weeks' time, which means I'll miss this Chevron. :grump:

..but if I hadn't have stayed there for 2 other Chevrons I'd probably not have booked it....I like it very much....and "Smithy" the Concierge is very nice and helpful if you need any...:D

I stayed there for a chevron couple of years ago. its nice and the staff were reasonably friendly. the bar prices are defiantly steep but the rooms are nice. The food and drinks although expensive (due to having to pay service charge on top of food price) is very good.

Not to side track the discussion here - but ever since Kraft took over Cadburys and started using soya milk instead of the real deal... it's put me off of them. You can really taste it in their 'roses' tins... That's not to say I won't turn down a dairy milk wholenut bar though... :angel:

Anyway - Just over a month to go and had a little scare today... went onto their website to check my reservation, but it wasn't there :crying: I checked, rechecked and triple checked my details but it kept coming up as no reservation under those details... I went back to the email and confirmed that all the numbers were right, then I realised that the hotel had missed the 'h' out of my name. :firedevil:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I was wondering about the Radisson... With regard to the breakfast, restaurant and bar is it cash, card or room number?

If you booked via the con code, then the breakfast will already be included - they will ask for your room number when you get to the breakfast room, and cross you off the list.

If you leave a credit card number with the front desk when you check in (they usually ask if you want to), then you can charge things to the room at the bar and restaurant if you wish, otherwise either cash or card is acceptable. The only exception is if there is a separate bar for the con parties (I don't know if there will be) sometimes that is cash only - just ask the bartender :-)

• Like 1

I'm intending to pay for dinner on debit card - I feel my credit card needs a bit of a break after everything going on. Might take a few notes for bar-related stuff as a precaution.

Will be heading up on Thursday. Can't believe it's almost here. *insane laughter*