Dead Celebrity Guests

englishjim

I was thinking today about certain guests I would like to see come to future events but after looking them up I found out they had sadly passed away. With that in mind my question to my fellow conventionites is; Which dead celebrities would you have liked to come to a convention? For me the first names that spring to mind would be Christopher Reeve, Dick Durock, Bob Hoskins, Harold Ramis, Richard Griffiths, Leslie Nielsen, Don S. Davis, Roddy McDowall, Jim Henson, Vincent Price and Donald Pleasence. OK, I'm gonna stop now or I'll be writing all night. I hand this subject over to you now. Who would you have wanted to meet, had they not passed away?

• Like 1

William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton and come to that everyone else in the Who universe I've never met which of course would also include Peter Cushing who I was going to include anyway. Likewise all those from the B5 universe that have passed beyond the rim - Andreas Katsulas, Richard Biggs, Jeff Conaway.

I'd also second Jim Henson and Vincent Price.

Edited by Knitty Fred

This would be quite some list !

Here's the first names that spring to mind.

Peter Cushing, William Hartnell, DeForest Kelley, Patrick Troughton , Jon Pertwee, Pippa Steele, Jacqueline Hill, Donald Pleasance, Gene Roddenberry,

• Like 1

William Hartnell, Patrick. Trough ton, Sydney Newman (these are just the few I cann think off)

And without a doubt, Elisabeth Sladen, the legend of Who, the women who made me find Doctor who with her spinoff, what a legend she was, I could imagine her in bthe 50th, but it never happend :(

• Like 2

All the old Doctors from Doctor Who that have sadly passed like Hartnell, Pertwee etc.. :crying:

Bruce Lee and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if someone in my sig have snuffed it too as I'm always suggesting people that are sadly no longer with us any more :no:

I think I am defo a kiss of death...

I had tickets to see Elisabeth Sladen, but ended up in hospital for a month so missed her. It was her last convention.

Wanting to finish my Star Trek originals poster - Leonard Nimoy now no longer does conventions.

Also wanted to see Queen in concert - Freddie Mercury died.

Wanted to see Eurythmics in concert - they split.

I had tickets to see Elisabeth Sladen, but ended up in hospital for a month so missed her. It was her last convention.

Wanting to finish my Star Trek originals poster - Leonard Nimoy now no longer does conventions.

Do you have tickets to see Stan Lee or John Hurt this year?

Yes...who do you have tickets for?

Yes...who do you have tickets for?

Both, hence why I was asking him. Hoping that his jinx wouldn't re-occur...

bill bixby

That would be so cool. How about a double photo shoot of Bill & Lou together? We can but dream. I got Bill & Lou's autograph years ago. I have it framed on the wall, next to my Dean Cain & Terri Hatcher signed photo.

• Like 2