Group Talks

LexL

We are being ripped off. And i'll prove it.

Commander package - Group 6 talks Will, TNG, Walter & George = £40

Commander package - Group 9 talks George, DS9, TOS & Bill = £55

I want a refund of £15

I chose group 6 blindly as we had no other choice because we were not allowed to see who was in the groups and now it turns out that Group 9's talks would cost £15 more than group 6 talks.

I paid for the same package as somebody with Group 9 and yet I am getting less, this is not on, it is down right theft and I wasn't my refund of £15 to make up the difference.

It is illegal to sell the same package to different people and 1 group gets more than another, especially when we were not allowed to pick our groups when the purchase was made.

This is a complete shambles and has not been done properly or fairly.

I want a refund of £15

I chose group 6 blindly as we had no other choice because we were not allowed to see who was in the groups and now it turns out that Group 9's talks would cost £15 more than group 6 talks.

I paid for the same package as somebody with Group 9 and yet I am getting less, this is not on, it is down right theft and I wasn't my refund of £15 to make up the difference.

It is illegal to sell the same package to different people and 1 group gets more than another, especially when we were not allowed to pick our groups when the purchase was made.

The ticket price within each description says £10 with a £1 fee. It also says £10 in the description for the William Shatner talk. I agree with the above, why has the price been changed from £10 to £25?

I want a refund of £15

If you get a refund let me know. I'm a group 6 too.

I want a refund of £15

If you get a refund let me know. I'm a group 6 too.

Well, we can live in hope. I'm sick and tired of the continual carry on we are having with this event. How to ruin it for everyone one Sm. Nice one!

I'm really sorry to be devil's advocate, and I really appreciate how annoying it is that certain groups seem to be more valuable than others (which I do agree that each should be the same value) however...there is nothing on the Commander page which specifies the ratio/cost of the talks. The value of the autographs is guaranteed to be the same with some leeway (2x £20-30, and 3x £15), but nothing on the talks.

I'm really sorry to be devil's advocate, and I really appreciate how annoying it is that certain groups seem to be more valuable than others (which I do agree that each should be the same value) however...there is nothing on the Commander page which specifies the ratio/cost of the talks. The value of the autographs is guaranteed to be the same with some leeway (2x £20-30, and 3x £15), but nothing on the talks.

That still doesn't answer my point as to why they are advertised as £10 in the description, but £25 when you attempt to purchase one. At least with the autographs we know exactly how much each one costs.

Edited by robmoriarty

That still doesn't answer my point as to why they are advertised as £10 in the description, but £25 when you attempt to purchase one. At least with the autographs we know exactly how much each one costs.

Totally agree. Its just not on. And we cannot change groups after we chose then ALL THOSE MONTHS ago.

Just notice another thing -

Quote from the ticket info page "2 months out from the event, the organisers will reveal which talks are included in each group"

Unless the event has been moved back 7 weeks, this is wrong. This is the date we have all been working too, except SM it would seem. I call this false advertising!

I am going to check on the William Shatner talk. One of These Prices is a copy and paste error for sure, question is which one. As all other talks but one are 10 I'd almost say the 25 Pounds is. Then it all evens out with the packages too.

Please give me a little bit of time to try and get an answer, it will be at least 2 hours before I will hear from anyone.

Regarding this meanwhile infamous date: We've been through this "2 months out" part repeatedly right now. This was the estimate that the organisers were aiming for. They couldn't keep it cause the guest contracts were finalized very late this time. I have already said that I imagine such estimates are likely not to be posted again because they got too many attendees worked up and frustrated.

• Like 2

I am going to check on the William Shatner talk. One of These Prices is a copy and paste error for sure, question is which one. As all other talks but one are 10 I'd almost say the 25 Pounds is. Then it all evens out with the packages too.

Please give me a little bit of time to try and get an answer, it will be at least 2 hours before I will hear from anyone.

Regarding this meanwhile infamous date: We've been through this "2 months out" part repeatedly right now. This was the estimate that the organisers were aiming for. They couldn't keep it cause the guest contracts were finalized very late this time. I have already said that I imagine such estimates are likely not to be posted again because they got too many attendees worked up and frustrated.

Good. Thank you for investigating Queen_Sindel and for appreciating the frustration.

Edit: if it helps those investigating, when I did a dummy run purchase on that ticket last night it would've attempted to charge £25, so this could potentially affect anyone who's bought that talk separately before now.

Edited by robmoriarty

Next time someone spots a discrepancy like this it would help a lot if it could be put a bit simpler.

Something like "hi, why is the Shatner talk 25? The description says 10. Now some packages are getting more expensive talk tickets than others. That's not fair." maybe.

There is really no need to scream rip off and shambles. I will admit that due to that I almost missed the Point in the first post, so thank you for your second post explaining. Sometimes it is really a simple human error.

Next time someone spots a discrepancy like this it would help a lot if it could be put a bit simpler.

Something like "hi, why is the Shatner talk 25? The description says 10. Now some packages are getting more expensive talk tickets than others. That's not fair." maybe.

There is really no need to scream rip off and shambles. I will admit that due to that I almost missed the Point in the first post, so thank you for your second post explaining. Sometimes it is really a simple human error.

Duly noted, is what I attempted to do with my follow up post.

Unfortunately turns out I was wrong, the 10 Pounds in the description was the error. The correct Price for William Shatner's talk is indeed 25 Pounds.

If you want to try the store for a refund of the "Price Difference" please feel free to do so. But honestly, I have to agree with what Brodnick posted. The packages only guaranteed a certain number of talks and no Price Levels. So I do not think refunds will be given. This is not illegal and no downright theft as someone put it. You are still getting the number of talks you are guaranteed with your package.

I honestly don't know why some Groups have this talk added which costs more if bought single. I imagine they are trying to even out the numbers of attendees with packages between the talks.

I've been thinking about how to phrase this for a while now cause I know no matter how I put it someone will be upset. I apologize if you are one of these attendees, but I really figured out no better way how to put it.

The "you can't change your Groups" has been there from the start. I just checked and all Groups are still available. If the talk allocation is really that important to you the only way to avoid this would have been to risk a Group selling out and wait.

Now this is inevitably going to prompt someone to ask "then why can't we Switch Groups if everything is still available?" I don't know the reasons why Group changes are not allowed, but again this has been made clear from the start.

I am sorry I don't have better News.

• Like 1

This is why I preferred the system used in 2014 where the organisers actually ASKED the attendees in an email sent in the August of 2014, for DST3 in the October that same year; who they'd like from a list of attending guests.

That's the most utter load of rubbish I've ever heard - People buying the same package for the same money and the value of the package differing. That is so unethical it beggars belief! I am taking advice on this from people with a lot more experience than an admin. I am being screwed out of £15 and I want it back. No ifs, ands or buts. I want it back.

And the 2 months date was not an estimate - it didn't say estimate. If it was an estimate then you should have said so. You cant just change the meaning when it suits you. It is clear a breach of the trades description act. And no amount of complaining about contracts or whatever other excuse you might want to come up with after the fact is going to change that.

You advertised something, you failed to stick to your advertisement. I've been advised it IS that black and white.

Okay guys, sorry, but this is it. I tried to leave this open as a discussion. I have also tried my best to get responses for you all and be nice despite the way some people are ranting here. But it has turned into a screaming match of people hurling insults.

Anyone: If you want to try and contact the store like I said please feel free to do so. But this is all I can recommend at this point.

And just for the record, Lex: I've been on here for over 10 years and SM have done this longer than you. Be careful what people you are listening to please. There are a number of people trying to use innocent bystanders for their personal vendetta against SM.