Location Location Location

Midnight

don't throw anything at me,

but besides who the most important thing to me is Where,

London does come up as the obvious choice, home of our great detective as it is...

but where do you think the PTB will pick?

I suspect a lot will depend on how big the event is, if they go for a large scale show then maybe the Excel Centre like they used for DSTL (also has the London theme as well), if its a smaller event then I wouldn't be surprised if they used either the Birmingham Hilton or the Heathrow Raddison given that's where a lot of Massive Events and Showmasters film/TV Show specifc events seem to be or they could stage it in Cardiff as thats where a lot of the filming takes place.

I suspect until they make the final decision on the scale of the event its going to be very hard to predict.

I've already said something similar elsewhere. Sherlock does have a very loyal and established fanbase. Like you say, there's lots of sites dedicated to the show, and that's where the discussion is going on at the moment. Things here will pick up as soon as the details have been finalized. Going from the reaction of some of my friends who are really huge fans (one American fan completely re-did her vacation plans for this year to come over) personally I think an DSTL sized event is absolutely possible.

I've already said something similar elsewhere. Sherlock does have a very loyal and established fanbase. Like you say, there's lots of sites dedicated to the show, and that's where the discussion is going on at the moment. Things here will pick up as soon as the details have been finalized. Going from the reaction of some of my friends who are really huge fans (one American fan completely re-did her vacation plans for this year to come over) personally I think an DSTL sized event is absolutely possible.

Especially if it co-incided with some new episodes that would ramp up the interest. ;)

I like the show but not a rabid fan. I'm only interested is its in London (Excel would be perfect....) and it doesn't clash....and it doesn't cost a fortune.

• Moderators

Whilst I understand that there is interest on other forums, there is a distinct lack of posting here (little over 100 posts so far). It seems crazy to even consider an event on the scale of Excel.

The forum certainly isn't representative of attendance. It never has been. It was only ever a fraction in its heyday and even less so now with FB/Twitter etc.

It's still a nice thing to have for interaction and info etc, but it's only ever viewed as a part of an overall look on things.

Whilst I understand that there is interest on other forums, there is a distinct lack of posting here (little over 100 posts so far). It seems crazy to even consider an event on the scale of Excel.

The forum certainly isn't representative of attendance. It never has been. It was only ever a fraction in its heyday and even less so now with FB/Twitter etc.

It's still a nice thing to have for interaction and info etc, but it's only ever viewed as a part of an overall look on things.

Yes, a LOT of people signed up for emails alerts on 7 Feb.

I'm compulsively checking my emails for date or location to get work sorted lol. We'll know when we know I suppose. Personally I would prefer a hotel but that's just my preference I get that it might be a larger scale. That'll probably be my deciding factor. The lack of places to sit at the bigger events put me off cause I've got bad legs

I like Birmingham as a con base, its easier to get to for us Northerners (specially those who can't drive lol)

speculations is half the fun.

I don't get any info from fb, i check this place like ever few days for the different cons

I think we need to remember with Sherlock being a lot newer show there will be a lot more people who don't go to con's normally and don't really use these type of forums. I think sign ups on the email list will give a lot more of a idea than on here. I live in Leeds so London is quite far for me but I do think it will be big enough to be there and maybe even the excel maybe not using as many areas as the Doctor Who event did.

• Like 1

geographical speaking organisers of any event will choose a location that is easily accessible to all this means having a good transportation system in place ... airport, trains and travel by road ... so logistically it would not surprise me in the slightest if say London was top choice with Birmingham a close second.

• 2 weeks later...

David B is right, there's plenty of interest for it on Twitter, tons in fact.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking it will be London. I hope so anyway, as any further, and the price of travel really starts to ramp up.....

I mean as long as I have the money to go, I'll definitely go - I've wanted a Sherlock con for ages, if only to meet certain members of the crew!

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone fancy Edinburgh given that it was the location of Arthur Conan Doyle's birth ?

I would love this to happen.

- It would be a change from the London conventions, Give Scotland something :-D

- It would great as it was where Arthur was born.

- I could actually go to it as it's not that far from me ^_^