Crossing into Shadow

bear

Disclaimer - This story is based on characters and situations owned by the original author and publishers. No copyright infringement is intended or to be infered.

Title: Crossing into Shadow

Certificate: PG

Word Count: 441

1500 OF THE SECOND AGE OF MIDDLE-EARTH

Today a traveller approached me from Morder. This man gave me a kingly gift he claimed it was from his master the ‘Giver of Gifts’. Whoever the ‘Giver of Gifts’ is he will be welcomed with much hospitality.

- Lord Khamûl King of the Eastern Lands –

1560 OF THE SECOND AGE OF MIDDLE-EARTH

Today one of the sacred tribes of the South Eastern lands attempted to dethrone me in a violent manner. The gift which I received so long ago whispered into my ear to gather an army and destroy these invaders. After the long battle was won the gift urged me to take over their kingdom and demolish their fellow tribes.

1600 OF THE SECOND AGE OF MIDDLE-EARTH

Today I plan to take over the Western lands. With this gift on my ring finger nothing can stand in my way. I will set out burning everything in my path. The ring demands it. However, something baffles me ever since this ring came into my possession I have outlived all I once knew, even my own children. Though I have not aged a day I feel withered and I feel my strength is fading.

1620 OF THE SECOND AGE OF MIDDLE-EARTH

I have heard my name mentioned across the lands. Not as Lord Khamûl King of All Eastern Lands but as Khamûl the Shadow in the East. Although I have slowly been regaining strength my voice has become hollow. Also my reflection has diminished until it became nothing. My only reflection comes from the ring on my finger; it’s my only outlet, my only desire, my precious. Let all the lands burn.

- Lord Khamûl the Shadow in the East –

2190 OF THE SECOND AGE OF MIDDLE-EARTH

We have heard the call of eight similar voices. We heard a voice that was more superior to the others. The voice echoed all the way from the western region. We travelled across the land to the eye of the voice. We ended up in Mordor. Eight other kings from distant lands were there some were from Harad, some from my own lands and one from Numenor. We all stood before the great ‘Giver of Gifts’ the one who united us. He is Annatar known also as Sauron, The Lord of the Rings.

- Khamûl servant of Sauron –

2200 OF THE SECOND AGE OF MIDDLE-EARTH

We nine servants of Sauron have united. We are the Nazgul. The almighty Sauron is our master and soon Lord of Middle-Earth.

- Khamûl Nazgul –