Party Themes Announced

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Party themes for SHERLOCKED have been decided...

At SHERLOCKED we will have two amazing parties for Gold Ticket Holders and above. Two themed party rooms a night, overlooking the Thames with the London skyline in the background.

The parties will be taking place in the Gallery Rooms at the ExCeL Exhibition Centre.

The themes for the parties are...

parties-sherlocked2.jpg

Tickets for the parties are currently only available in Gold Packages and above. We will be making a decision closer to the event to see if the opportunity exists to sell tickets on the door, and we will notify all ticket holders once this decision is made.

• Like 2

As someone who hasn't been to a con before, can you give a bit more information about how the parties will be organised?

I have Gold Ticket.

Do I have to decide which parties I go to, or will I be told? Or can I go into duck into both and decide which one I want to stay at?

How long will they last?

I assume I will have to pay for my drinks, but will there be any other extras, raffles, spot prizes etc.

Will the (lead) guest be at the parties?

Do I have to go in fancy dress? Its not quite my thing, I was going to just go in something partyish, but not themed.

Sorry if these are silly questions, but as I say, this is my first con.

Thanks in advance.

• Showmasters Admin

You can wander between the two.

They will go on until late, the exact time is to be confirmed.

Yes you have to pay for drinks.

No you don't have to dress up.

Sorry to chase, but have you been able to find out if there is a minimum age for the parties (in particular on Saturday). Many thanks...

Really sorry, but I haven't heard back so far. If I had heard anything I would have posted. The upcoming phototickets sale for Benedict has increased the e-mails load again and it's not going as fast as we hope.

Any suggestions for costume ideas other than Irene's (though I've no clue where my old spam stuff is so I'm gonna have to pass on that)? Some one on FB suggested the Homeless Network for 'The Undergound' theme which I think is pretty clever. 'Sherlock's Mind Palace' suggests to me a kind of anything-goes because who knows what he's got hidden in the far corners of his Palace. ;) 'Moriarty's Lair' has me completely stumped & I have no clue at all what they were going for when picking this theme.

In short - HELP PLEASE!!!

Go as the wallpaper in 221B. Or Redbeard. (Call the furries!)

I was also thinking of being an escaped victim of Moriarty's with fake chain around my wrists or something.

Perhaps one of M's snipers, or carrying a pager with (VERY FAKE LOOKING ie: coloured neon) bombs taped in you great game style. Or leaveout the bombs and pretend to read off the pager while crying the whole time.

I dunno. My ideas suck. Hahaha

Edit: A lucky cat? One of those has to be in his mindpalace.

Edited by MildGrooveOn
  • Like 1

You and I are clearly thinking alike, Zonky! I'm going to Moriarty's lair in a nice dress, a fake crown, and wearing a button badge with the 'honey you should see me...' line on it, just in case anyone's in doubt!

As for Irene's boudoir, well, among my accessories will be a riding crop...!