Queries

RavenclawKing97

How old do you have to be to be there without an adult?

Me and my friend are 14 and can only really go by ourselves as our parents arn't willing to pay £88 to stay the weekend. Would we be able to come to the event by ourselves? Also what times will the activities begin and end each day? Maybe we could stay on a campsite nearby with our families just dropping us off?

• Showmasters Admin

1: Yes you can attend without your parents.

2: If your parents aren't attending the event, they need to sign a form giving their consent as you are under 16.

3: The hotel will not allow you to stay in a room without an adult.

4: There is no issue with you and your family staying in a local camp site and coming in each day.

5: But there's also no issue with you all staying at the hotel but only you and your friend attending the event.

6: Timings:

Friday....

Reg starts at 2pm until 8pm. you do not NEED to be there at 2pm, you can register at anytime, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Opening ceremony is usually 7 until 7:30pm, 7:30pm until 8:30pm is the gold drinks reception, 8:30pm until late is the party.

Saturday....

Reg opens at 8am for those that didn't reg on Friday.

Autographs and photos shoots are usually from 9am until 1pm.

Talks are from 2pm until 5:30-6pm

Party starts at 8:30pm

Sunday....

Reg opens at 8am for those that didn't reg on Friday or Saturday.

Autographs and photos shoots are usually from 9am until 1pm.

Talks are from 2pm until 5:30-6pm

Party starts at 8:30pm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi TT and anyone else reading this. :WAVE:

Thanks for the run down of what and when.

This will be my first ME convention so know nothing of what to expect. Will there be other things happening in the mornings during the signings and photoshoots?

You can only walk around and around a dealers room so many times before you look like you are sussing the place out to shoplift or soak in the bath for so long before you resemble a wrinkled prune. :wub:

I've not been to an convention for a couple of years which was an one day thing. My last full weekender was about 13 years ago. Where have those years gone? This will be my first non Doctor Who or Star trek one so it should be interesting.

Hi TT and anyone else reading this. :WAVE:

This will be my first ME convention so know nothing of what to expect. Will there be other things happening in the mornings during the signings and photoshoots?

You can only walk around and around a dealers room so many times before you look like you are sussing the place out to shoplift or soak in the bath for so long before you resemble a wrinkled prune. :wub:

I've not been to an convention for a couple of years which was an one day thing. My last full weekender was about 13 years ago. Where have those years gone? This will be my first non Doctor Who or Star trek one so it should be interesting.

Some times there's not a lot of time between the photos and signings as there are queues for both so you should be spending too much time in the dealers room. Some people go for breakfast first thing before their shoots but others sometimes go after their first shoot as gives them a little longer to eat breakfast.

Hi Naurarwen,

Thanks for the reply.

The last weekend con I went too didn't have photoshoots so ran a lot differently ans was probably a lot smaller. The morning started after breakfast with guest talks and a couple of workshops. After lunch you had an hour of signings and then more talks. About 5pm you had an hour of signing then it was break for dinner at 6pm and prep for the evening parties.

I got a lovely surprise at that one. A chance to meet one of the guests totally informally over breakfast. :) All the guests came down to the restaraunt for breakfast and mingled (no doubt because everyone respected their privacy and didn't hassle them) with the attendees when "off duty." I'm sat eating my breakfast as you do and I heard a voice asking if the seat was taken, or can they join me? I look up to say the seat isn't being used, please feel free and there I see Rene AuberJonois who played Odo in Star Trek DS9.

Edited by cunningham1471

Hi TT and anyone else reading this. :YAHOO:

You can only walk around and around a dealers room so many times before you look like you are sussing the place out to shoplift or soak in the bath for so long before you resemble a wrinkled prune. :D

An example of a typical schedule can be found here, http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....t&p=1713569 from the recent Chevron event. Your ticket number will dictate what group you are in and what times your auto/photo sessions are. Basically prioritise the photo shoots. You can attend the auto sessions anytime after your group has been called.

I think its the week running up to the event...I THINK :thumbup: you get a copy of the schedule in your registration pack anyway. So as soon as you get your pack go back to your room and highlight all your slots...thats as bad as organised as I get, it spoils the fun if i do it beforehand :P

I think its the week running up to the event...I THINK :D you get a copy of the schedule in your registration pack anyway. So as soon as you get your pack go back to your room and highlight all your slots...thats as bad as organised as I get, it spoils the fun if i do it beforehand :D

Thanks.

At the moment I'm not sure if I can stay overnight on the Sunday owing to commitments the next day. Ideally I'll be around for the closing ceremony, but if I can't and I do need to leave earlier I would like to try and sort out trains etc so i can see as much as possible of the talks before I head for the station.

I was doing a scouting of the price of trains and found something really stupid. This is based on a weekend in may as you can't do June yet. If I were to get the 11:46 out of Euston on Friday and get the 6.20pm-ish train back on the Sunday, the single ticket (for some reason 2 singles are working out cheaper than a return) on Friday morning will cost me £13:40. However if I get the 6:50pm-ish train on Sunday, the single ticket from London to Birmingham on Friday morning goes down from £13.40 to £3.70.

I have no idea the logic of that one at all. Why does getting a later train on Sunday reduce the price of the Friday ticket? :blink:

I think its the week running up to the event...I THINK :D you get a copy of the schedule in your registration pack anyway. So as soon as you get your pack go back to your room and highlight all your slots...thats as bad as organised as I get, it spoils the fun if i do it beforehand :D

Thanks.

At the moment I'm not sure if I can stay overnight on the Sunday owing to commitments the next day. Ideally I'll be around for the closing ceremony, but if I can't and I do need to leave earlier I would like to try and sort out trains etc so i can see as much as possible of the talks before I head for the station.

I was doing a scouting of the price of trains and found something really stupid. This is based on a weekend in may as you can't do June yet. If I were to get the 11:46 out of Euston on Friday and get the 6.20pm-ish train back on the Sunday, the single ticket (for some reason 2 singles are working out cheaper than a return) on Friday morning will cost me £13:40. However if I get the 6:50pm-ish train on Sunday, the single ticket from London to Birmingham on Friday morning goes down from £13.40 to £3.70.

I have no idea the logic of that one at all. Why does getting a later train on Sunday reduce the price of the Friday ticket?:blink:

Don't argue with the logic, if it's cheaper, it's cheaper lol!

• 4 weeks later...