The Fades

Elspeth

Written by Jack Thorne, produced by Caroline Skinner (Dr Who exec producer) and with an awesome cast looks set to be a great show!

I was at an event recently where there was a Fades Q&A and autograph signing so got to meet some of the cast and Jack and Caroline and chat to them about it. I'm hoping it'll be another BBC3 success story like Being Human and Torchwood.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0129tkw

It's due to start on 21.09.2011 will anyone else be watching?

Edited by Elspeth

I don't really know anything about it but a friend mentioned it to me and I'll be watching it. Thanks for posting the date, just set it to record :dance:

• 4 weeks later...

I've been watching and enjoy it.

One thing I'm a bit unsure about though is how the fades can eat people. They're meant to be eating to become solid aren't they? But if they're not solid in the first place how do they manage to eat people?

One thing I'm a bit unsure about though is how the fades can eat people. They're meant to be eating to become solid aren't they? But if they're not solid in the first place how do they manage to eat people?

Yeah I'm really not sure about that either....I assumed somehow they just developed the ability to touch and then discovered that eating made that ability stonger?!

I'm not sure, hopefully there will be more of an explaination otherwise I'm going to ask Jack Thorne on twitter until he replies lol

Great show though :)

Wayhey, it's finally been explained!

I've seen three episode now and really can't get into it.

That's a shame, I though last night's episode (4) was the best one yet!

Edited by Elspeth

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

I've been watching this from the start and of last nights episode...all I can say is wow.

It felt like the pace and content that others shows should have been moving at but didn't. It's also nice for successful British SF to be on our screens :)

Overall I've really enjoyed it, and also liked how they showed at the beginning of ep5 how far and fast things had moved. I think had they had an 8 episode commisioning they could have fleshed out the transition a bit more but they were successful with what they did do.

Bring on Series 2 :YAHOO:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Words cannot descibe how annoyed I am that The Fades hasn't been renewed for a second series! Seriously, how could it not?!

I hate the BBC sometimes...(most of the time, apart from when they show Dr Who and Torchwood lol)

Words cannot descibe how annoyed I am that The Fades hasn't been renewed for a second series! Seriously, how could it not?!

I hate the BBC sometimes...(most of the time, apart from when they show Dr Who and Torchwood lol)

I've just been reading the latest Doctor Who Magazine and it turns out that Caroline Skinner was working on The Fades when she was asked to become part of the Doctor Who production team, which may explain why there hasn't been a second series.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...