Has anyone met Rutger Hauer yet?

I met him this afternoon and he was brilliant, swore like a trooper and had time to talk to everyone. I got a great story about Bladerunner and he seemed in a genuinely good mood. Really pleased I decided to see him (helped by getting a low VT first thing).

Cannot say a bad word about the guy and would thoroughly recommend anyone to stop by and see him

• Like 2

Yes I met him today first thing on a gold pass. He's so sweet. I gushed and he was polite. Yes he let me take a photo, but I noticed throughout the day things may change with the guests so you may take a photo of them but not a posed one then maybe not at all.

I don't have a gold pass but I'm really hoping to get his auto tomorrow. He is the second biggest guest for me at this con after Dolph Lundgren. What were his queues like today? VQs till the end of the show?

Alas, I did not get the chance to meet him. Got VQ ticket 151 by arriving at 8,15am. He was on 1-100 around 3pm when he was due to leave for an hour for his talk. The crew member said it was unlikely I would see him as he also had a photo shoot to do. I'm pleased those who did meet him enjoyed the experience, I will try again next time.

I got VT ticket 260 or thereabouts and didn't manage to see him. I was told by crew he got up to about 200 and his agent called it a day after the talk because he was very tired. Up until 6:30 there were plenty of people queuing up at the Sales Desk to get a refund on his afternoon photoshoot that got cancelled.

He was one of my main 3 guests to meet and I thought about going back tomorrow but you know what, and no offence to the guy, but Rutger Hauer is not a queue up 3 hours before the show opens (as was suggested to me by the crew) kind of guest for me. I understand the perks of a Diamond Pass, having bought two myself previously for other guests but if every half decent guest ends up being Diamond, more and more attendees will be missing out on the 'better' names. I mean, since when was 260 too high a VT number for almost ANY guest?

I'm sorry but even Sigourney Weaver blasted through all her Diamonds last year, THOUSANDS of photos, a talk and still saw 300+ odd punters.

And even before Diamond passes, Gillian Anderson knocked out about a thousand VT's on a Saturday and she was personalising!

So it isn't just a question of VT numbers IMO, it is a question of guest management. A guest can still give a memorable and positive experience without it being needlessly lengthy. Some may be glad to hear he was talking to people lots but it made me groan because I saw this with Mark Hamill not but two weeks ago and all this ultimately results in fewer fans get to meet the guest and so many more people are disappointed they have missed out. Showmasters/the agent need to strike a better balance with him, and other guests in future, to make the most of limited signing time (especially when you know they will be very popular).

Edited by Dent_1

I sadly didn't get to meet him but then I did have a VQ ticket of 294.....hoping SM can bring him back again....but after witnessing Rutger walking to the lifts to leave, 2 men (kinda looked like dealers) were shouting at him to sign photos they had. This certainly wasn't nice to see as they were having a go at him for leaving and I would hope this doesn't stop him coming back again for another con in the future.

Edited by Emz11

I surprised my mum with a diamond pass for him, he's been her absolute idol forever and wore out 4 VHS copies of The Hitcher back in the day haha. We saw him first, I didn't have a ticket but the lovely people said I could be moral support as she was anxious and a first timer. I stayed out of the way and just took pictures of them meeting off to the side. But he absolutely made her year, he took time to chat with her, signed her copy of The Hitcher, personalized it and drew a little heart on it for her. His minder was really nice and didn't mind me photographing the whole thing. Total once in a lifetime opportunity for my Mum whos been going through a bad time recently and to see her so happy made my day too. At the photo session he gave her a big hug and said she looked lovely.

Just over the moon for her and wish I could thank him for absolutely brightening her year. Lovely lovely man. Worth every penny.

• Like 4

Turned out VQ 109 was enough for my auto on Sunday but only just. He had to stop personalizing as well but I don't mind. Never seen a guest who was so chatty at the photo shoots as well. Great guy, I hope not too many fans missed out on meeting him.

Rutger was one of my highlights of the show. I managed to get an under 50 VQ ticket for Saturday so was able to see him early.

An absolute delight, he personalised my Hobo with a Shotgun picture, had a table photo done and even managed a brief chat about the backstage shenanigans of Flesh + Blood.

At the photoshoot I complemented him on his sharp suit and he smiled and thanked me. I got a little squeeze from him as the photo was taken which took me by surprise! Haha.

I was hopeful that he would be a pleasant experience and I'm happy to report he exceeded it.

I met him on Saturday - he was lovely and as other said took his time with everyone. I heard he stopped personalising autographs in the afternoon.

I spoke to one of the crew and they didn't think he would be 'that' popular.

Oh, gosh, he was lovely. He was shaking hands with us in the photoshoot, and for mine the photographer said she was going for a retake because I'd blinked, so we did the shot again and Rutger then turned to me (we're still arm-in-arm so he's barely a foot away), smiled and said, "Two things you have to watch out for in photos: blinking and glasses." (I have the latter too.) I managed to agree, but was mainly just looking at him and thinking: "Those eyes! That voice!" *schwoon* And then the crew were making ahem-time-to-go-now noises so I excused myself and staggered out of there...

Thanks to some lovely people getting me lower VQTs than I'd managed myself, I was one of the last people to get his auto today (I had 117; hope they got to the 200s or higher, but I was too busy floating out of the auto area to check). Of course he couldn't personalize by then, but I'm just so happy to have got what I did!

He is incredibly nice and meeting him was the highlight of the event for me. He has made some outstanding films and remains humble and pleased to meet the fans. Thanks a million times for bringing him to London.

Was lucky to get a photo shoot done with him at 5.55pm on Saturday. He even mentioned that he was taken aback by how many people wanted to meet him..

How did you get a photoshoot Saturday afternoon? I read a few posts back that people were getting refunds because the shoot was cancelled? ( re Dent_1's post)

Was lucky to get a photo shoot done with him at 5.55pm on Saturday. He even mentioned that he was taken aback by how many people wanted to meet him..

How did you get a photoshoot Saturday afternoon? I read a few posts back that people were getting refunds because the shoot was cancelled? ( re Dent_1's post)

I was very lucky I was next in line when I thought they were going to call a halt to the shooting there and then. Rutger was trying to talk to those posing for photo's with him and the crew were frantically trying to stop him. Seems they finished the few that were behind me in batch 4 and then called it a day. Feel sorry for those who missed out..

He was super awesome. Had a vq of 268 or something due to not knowing where he was situated. It was around 4.00 and the ticket was 1-150. They said he was due very soon to do the photoshoot which I was booked for, but I wanted his autograph too. Thankfully a guy could see there was no way I was going to see him, had been in the queue for ages and was tired and said I think I have spent too much already and kindly gave me his ticket of 174. Then the ticket went from 150-200. I was in. Made it just by the skin of my teeth. Whoever that man was I cannot thank you enough. Very generous. I owe you.

Rutger was truly amazing. We chatted and laughed. Genuine down to earth most sincere man you could hope to meet. He started a line from the Hitcher and forgot, so I helped him and we recited it together and he smiled having had been reminded of it.

He was very personable. Let you get real close and hug in the photoshoot and he complimented me on my Muhammad Ali t-shirt. The best.

I surprised my mum with a diamond pass for him, he's been her absolute idol forever and wore out 4 VHS copies of The Hitcher back in the day haha. We saw him first, I didn't have a ticket but the lovely people said I could be moral support as she was anxious and a first timer. I stayed out of the way and just took pictures of them meeting off to the side. But he absolutely made her year, he took time to chat with her, signed her copy of The Hitcher, personalized it and drew a little heart on it for her. His minder was really nice and didn't mind me photographing the whole thing. Total once in a lifetime opportunity for my Mum whos been going through a bad time recently and to see her so happy made my day too. At the photo session he gave her a big hug and said she looked lovely.

Just over the moon for her and wish I could thank him for absolutely brightening her year. Lovely lovely man. Worth every penny.

i was in front of you at the queue for Rutger's autograph-I remember your Mum saying she wore out the VHS tapes(back in the day!)He wss lovely-very calm and chilled.Glad your Mum enjoyed her day😊 Edited by Ribbleblue
  • Like 1